Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    [/B]

If they could find out what kind of pizza Carson is eating out in Philly these days, I'd probably tune in to listen to that.
    You mean he doesn't have an under the table deal with Duanes for delivery once a week or so?

Culhane is VERY impressive so far. Not only is the initial show excellent, it was excellent right out of the gate. I still enjoy Dom and Jeff as well.

It seems like just yesterday I was excited that I could stream the Montana / NDSU game (DII era) over the internet. As others have said, now it's hard to even keep up with all of it.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, this is far and away better radio coverage than Jack Michaels (and the esteemed Nutbeard of the North before him) ever gave the Bison on 740. Personally, I think it's pretty delicious irony because the talking heads like McFeely and Barriero, who were most critical of the short-lived media restrictions, said that instead of restricting competition they should just get better and beat the competition. It seems their message was received in that respect as well. I'd have to expect that ol' Jack is going to get killed in the lunch hour ratings once 1660 further establishes itself, if he isn't already.
    after Coach Tim P spoke I went into Godfathers to have lunch. GF had some other station playing on their radio. I requested it get changed to "The Bison." I suggest others do the same when the opportunity presents itself. If business catch on to the fact that the folks are listening they might be tempted to buy advertising. Of course we all know NDSU get 30% of that.

Out of the 8 hours of broadcasting from 11-1, I've been able to listen to probably 3-4 hours. I have been impressed with Jeff, JJ not as much. I don't know what it is, but JJ doesn't interest me much. Just like everything else with the station, he should have the chance to get better.

I know it isn't that hard to fill 10 hours (20 hrs w/the PM show) a week in football season, but it will be interesting to see how the shows evolve when football season is over. I know you can talk hoops/recruiting in Jan/Feb, spring ball/hoops in March/April, but just like KFAN when the sports abyss hits, it's a bit harder to fill the time.

Will the local shows dive into NBA/NHL/MLB during the winter/summer and will the NFL be part of the discussion in the fall?

I'm not trying to bag on the station, just wondering.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    I know it isn't that hard to fill 10 hours (20 hrs w/the PM show) a week in football season, but it will be interesting to see how the shows evolve when football season is over. I know you can talk hoops/recruiting in Jan/Feb, spring ball/hoops in March/April, but just like KFAN when the sports abyss hits, it's a bit harder to fill the time.

Will the local shows dive into NBA/NHL/MLB during the winter/summer and will the NFL be part of the discussion in the fall?
    When I listen to different shows on Kfan, I listen to the different personalities for their different takes on things, even if theyve all been talking about the same subject all day. I don't know why 1660 couldnt do that. And like you say...why can't they delve into a little bit of other sports as well. Obviosuly keeping the focus on the Bison and NDSU. Ive always thought F-M needed a sports talk station. I've said it before... not everyone wants to listen to Ag prices and church talk. No offense to either group. Just that market is already well served. If you are going to open an auto parts store, are you going to open it on the same block where there are already 2 other auto parts stores? Or are you going to find a location that isnt served by the other two?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    When I listen to different shows on Kfan, I listen to the different personalities for their different takes on things, even if theyve all been talking about the same subject all day. I don't know why 1660 couldnt do that. And like you say...why can't they delve into a little bit of other sports as well. Obviosuly keeping the focus on the Bison and NDSU. Ive always thought F-M needed a sports talk station. I've said it before... not everyone wants to listen to Ag prices and church talk. No offense to either group. Just that market is already well served. If you are going to open an auto parts store, are you going to open it on the same block where there are already 2 other auto parts stores? Or are you going to find a location that isnt served by the other two?
    Agreed. No reason Fargo can't support it's own version of KFAN. However, it would be difficult running up against KFAN because lets be real, a couple of their on-air talents are real heavy hitters. I basically like everyone but PA...but I enjoy his guests.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Agreed. No reason Fargo can't support it's own version of KFAN. However, it would be difficult running up against KFAN because lets be real, a couple of their on-air talents are real heavy hitters. I basically like everyone but PA...but I enjoy his guests.
    I enjoy Barreiro for the mix of sports and politics. I also enjoy the powertrip for the sophmorish charm. Cant stand common and will tolerate PA, but he is fastly becoming the new Sid in town as far as homerism goes.

When I am coming to fargo, I usually download some barrerio podcasts to bring with me for the ride, especially for sunday mornings. Which is why I said...a sunday 10am bison recap and lookahead show would be awesome!!!!!

I would listen to a sports station in fargo when I was in town. That would be great to have. When they rebroadcast some national show like Dan patrick...I usually change the station.

I enjoy Barreiro for the mix of sports and politics. I also enjoy the powertrip for the sophmorish charm. Cant stand common and will tolerate PA, but he is fastly becoming the new Sid in town as far as homerism goes.

When I am coming to fargo, I usually download some barrerio podcasts to bring with me for the ride, especially for sunday mornings. Which is why I said...a sunday 10am bison recap and lookahead show would be awesome!!!!!

I would listen to a sports station in fargo when I was in town. That would be great to have. When they rebroadcast some national show like Dan patrick...I usually change the station.
    You can listen to Bump on the Sunday Sermon show. I don't think that starts until 12 tho, so maybe that doesn't fit your schedule. Bump is absolutely the star of that station...I'm actually surprised he's not even more well known.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You can listen to Bump on the Sunday Sermon show. I don't think that starts until 12 tho, so maybe that doesn't fit your schedule. Bump is absolutely the star of that station...I'm actually surprised he's not even more well known.
    If we are still in the car at noon its probably vikings football. Sunday sermons is 9 or 10am ish in MSP depending on vikings pregame. I was just saying there is a big void that could be filled on sunday mornings with local/bison sports radio. Im actually surprised there isnt more choices. It reminds of when I first went to NDSU in the early 90s and we went to kmart on a sunday to get some TP. Stores were closed on Sundays back then. We didnt know any better, because in the cities...stores were open on Sundays. Maybe there is still some law that says there cant be decent radio on sunday mornings...?

If we are still in the car at noon its probably vikings football. Sunday sermons is 9 or 10am ish in MSP depending on vikings pregame. I was just saying there is a big void that could be filled on sunday mornings with local/bison sports radio. Im actually surprised there isnt more choices. It reminds of when I first went to NDSU in the early 90s and we went to kmart on a sunday to get some TP. Stores were closed on Sundays back then. We didnt know any better, because in the cities...stores were open on Sundays. Maybe there is still some law that says there cant be decent radio on sunday mornings...?

If so, I dare someone run a Blues-related related show on Sunday mornings.
    Hail the BISON!!!