Page 52 of 155 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Used use a fake I'd at the Terry liquor store.....lol!
    Ah memories....Liquor store is long gone.....Think they got caught selling to Glendive minors too many times!!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Ah memories....Liquor store is long gone.....Think they got caught selling to Glendive minors too many times!!!
    I roomed with a Terry kid my senior summer, I know all about you guys

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Great program! Very impressed with Jeff C. and I also happen to like JJ and his daily Bison inside knowledge on the show.
    Agreed. I also have no problem with JJ and his voice, his delivery or his contribution on this show.

Culhane, however, has been VERY impressive so far. Maybe THAT................... and the potential that a high-class, well-produced, Bison-focused radio station is eventually going to make the WDAY properties (and the KFGO properties) look really small (continued good - don't get me wrong - but seemingly small) when it comes to overall Bison coverage....................... is what REALLY had the Forum Company boys all up in arms recently?

Competition is good for us, the consumer, but let's face it...................Dom and Jeff haven't had much competition over the last few years when it came to additional Bison coverage. Let's see how they respond to the potential of some REAL competition. I think we've already seen parts of their initial reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Great program! Very impressed with Jeff C. and I also happen to like JJ and his daily Bison inside knowledge on the show.
    I like JJ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Agreed. I also have no problem with JJ and his voice, his delivery or his contribution on this show.

Culhane, however, has been VERY impressive so far. Maybe THAT................... and the potential that a high-class, well-produced, Bison-focused radio station is eventually going to make the WDAY properties (and the KFGO properties) look really small (continued good - don't get me wrong - but seemingly small) when it comes to overall Bison coverage....................... is what REALLY had the Forum Company boys all up in arms recently?

Competition is good for us, the consumer, but let's face it...................Dom and Jeff haven't had much competition over the last few years when it came to additional Bison coverage. Let's see how they respond to the potential of some REAL competition. I think we've already seen parts of their initial reaction to it.
    I saw tweet yesterday Mcfeeley that FFC is looking for a part time producer to work with Izzo and Kolpack.. I guess they are going to up their game even more

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This Jeff C. is a professional...very impressed with him so far! I feel like I'm at a major market city and just tuned into their sports channel while driving through...

Yep, this is far and away better radio coverage than Jack Michaels (and the esteemed Nutbeard of the North before him) ever gave the Bison on 740. Personally, I think it's pretty delicious irony because the talking heads like McFeely and Barriero, who were most critical of the short-lived media restrictions, said that instead of restricting competition they should just get better and beat the competition. It seems their message was received in that respect as well. I'd have to expect that ol' Jack is going to get killed in the lunch hour ratings once 1660 further establishes itself, if he isn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, this is far and away better radio coverage than Jack Michaels (and the esteemed Nutbeard of the North before him) ever gave the Bison on 740. Personally, I think it's pretty delicious irony because the talking heads like McFeely and Barriero, who were most critical of the short-lived media restrictions, said that instead of restricting competition they should just get better and beat the competition. It seems their message was received in that respect as well. I'd have to expect that ol' Jack is going to get killed in the lunch hour ratings once 1660 further establishes itself, if he isn't already.
    That it is! Very impressed with 1660 so far. Can't stand Jack Michaels...very annoying voice and him swallowing his tongue every 5 minutes is annoying as f##k! Keep it up Jeff.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I would have to agree on this as well. Maybe one good thing that has come out of this mess is that the rights holders will realize that if you just absolutely "kill it" in your coverage, their isn't going to be anywhere near as much whining from the faithful next time the rights protection issue comes up (and it WILL come up again) regarding "poor Jeff and Dom" or any one else without the rights.

As for Jack, I like him in general (as I've said before, he does a great job on baseball, IMO), but he has to be feeling it a bit already in the direct crosshairs of competition of local daily sports-talk radio. But then think about the others in that arena as well. If you are Dom & Jeff, or Hallstrom, or anyone else that swoops in with their radio show once a weekend and maybe even an additional once a weeknight with a "Bison" talk show................what are you going to talk about that a high-level, well-produced '1660TheBison' hasn't already done (presumably) really well almost every day of the week?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would have to agree on this as well. Maybe one good thing that has come out of this mess is that the rights holders will realize that if you just absolutely "kill it" in your coverage, their isn't going to be anywhere near as much whining from the faithful next time the rights protection issue comes up (and it WILL come up again) regarding "poor Jeff and Dom" or any one else without the rights.

As for Jack, I like him in general (as I've said before, he does a great job on baseball, IMO), but he has to be feeling it a bit already in the direct crosshairs of competition of local daily sports-talk radio. But then think about the others in that arena as well. If you are Dom & Jeff, or Hallstrom, or anyone else that swoops in with their radio show once a weekend and maybe even an additional once a weeknight with a "Bison" talk show................what are you going to talk about that a high-level, well-produced '1660TheBison' hasn't already done (presumably) really well almost every day of the week?

If they could find out what kind of pizza Carson is eating out in Philly these days, I'd probably tune in to listen to that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1