Page 5 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I've been leaked a copy of the psych 101 exam and let tell you listeners it's a doozy!
    that's why your at a teaching college :-)

Coming up at the top of the hour Mohammed X will be defending his master's thesis 'soybean cyst nematode resistance in moderately saline soils'!!!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Coming up at the top of the hour Mohammed X will be defending his master's thesis 'soybean cyst nematode resistance in moderately saline soils'!!!
    keep the chuckles coming, but those other am station do pretty good talking about how to cure this and that yard issue, how to replant that shrub etc etc. In all seriousness, If I were to say drone what ND university do you think of....UND! Yep most do despite NDSU is the one creating the freaking technology. In all seriousness a few well placed shows would do wonders to increase brand and yes will draw an audience.

We interrupt today's principles of marketing lecture to bring you news of an outbreak of fireblight in a West Fargo neighborhood.

That's right, John. I stand here in front of 742 evergreen terrace where not one but two Apple trees have stricken by the disease.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

We interrupt today's principles of marketing lecture to bring you news of an outbreak of fireblight in a West Fargo neighborhood.

That's right, John. I stand here in front of 742 evergreen terrace where not one but two Apple trees have stricken by the disease.
    Not sure if this is funny or pathetic .....as we are typing back and fourth, I am also looking at NDSU's lawn garden and tree extension Facebook to get a good idea for a tree to plant near my house.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Speak for yourself....I don't care two farts about MN pro sports. If I did, well there are already plenty of formats to get that information. Adding one more in the mix does nothing. What shocks me is how many of you think NDSU is all sports and nothing but sports. There is a lot of BIG things happen at NDSU that do not involve sports. Things that impact the local and regional economy, extension etc!!!!!! If done right you use sports (the front porch) to bring people to the Bison and the format to educate and BUILD THE UNIVERSITY'S BRAND.

For Bleep sake people WTFU!
    Tons of stuff goes on that is incredible but nobody gives a shit about that stuff.

It's a sports channel. Not a science lab chanel or an ag channel.

Yes you get Minnesota sports in other areas but you really don't get much Bison coverage with it. Yeah once in a blue moon Paul Allen talks Bison but rarely. I want both. And despite you not following the region pro teams, most people here do

Besides ndsu doesn't own the channel. If we want that other stuff, that's for KDSU and the regular news media.

Athletics is branding.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea well you're not the majority so nobody cares what you give a fart about

And good luck with your all NDSU station not involving sports. That would be terrible radio
    Why do you think this is going to a 24/7 sports station?
    It will be a sports channel. It's still owned by Rado FM Media and they will provide content that sells. Overnight it will likely be a syndicated Fox Sports channel. They ain't gonna put Plant Talk or Trivia Time with Steve Poitras on it.

I wouldn't mind a little News/weather updates though to go with Sports.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Tons of stuff goes on that is incredible but nobody gives a shit about that stuff.

It's a sports channel. Not a science lab chanel or an ag channel.

Yes you get Minnesota sports in other areas but you really don't get much Bison coverage with it. Yeah once in a blue moon Paul Allen talks Bison but rarely. I want both. And despite you not following the region pro teams, most people here do

Besides ndsu doesn't own the channel. If we want that other stuff, that's for KDSU and the regular news media.

Athletics is branding.
    Item one...Not true at all! There are all sorts of radio programming covering these issues. If you dont understand the $$$$ that revolve around Horticulture well then your not opening your eyes at the box stores or listening to local radio. Beyond that...I suggest you go ask the chamber whats cooking and why they think about NDSU is got a lot of things going on that involve a lot of employers livelihoods and employees jobs. But maybe you are correct......Boring shit!

Item two....Its currently a sports channel, but that does not mean it will stay that way. BTW....science lab channel or an ag channel....seriously. You think that is all we do at SU. YOU do understand land grant right??? The potential is there to use sports as the main draw and sprinkle in the other.....HMMM might I say the front porch strategy. athletics is branding....correct when you tie back into the the core mission of the university. I sure am glad our AD and President understand that!

Item three....So I guess we should be doing MN college sports as well. RUFS CLARK! Also, Just because MN pro sports are the only things you get here does not mean everyone likes or cares about MN sports. There are plenty of none MN sports fans here as well.

Item four: Again, you nor I know what they will do with the channel. IMO, as it sits now its shit.
    Finally, KNDS is not for that "stuff" at all. KNDS LP is a student ran radio and its a ton of fun to have a show on there...At least it was so back in the day.

who knows what will happen with the station, but my point is that there is enough marketable material there to make a decent NDSU centered station. Especially when you focus on the extension (WBT is not all ag related) aspect.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 04-03-2016 at 05:26 AM.

I don't think that a radio station that strictly did bison athletics would last they're going to have to mix in some other things that maybe have bison connections too. High school sports would be one way but there again you're only involving a small section of population too so they likely will need to do some national stuff to keep people from changing the station.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea well you're not the majority so nobody cares what you give a fart about

And good luck with your all NDSU station not involving sports. That would be terrible radio
    Why do you think this is going to a 24/7 sports station?
    Item one...Not true at all! There are all sorts of radio programming covering these issues. If you dont understand the $$$$ that revolve around Horticulture well then your not opening your eyes at the box stores or listening to local radio. Beyond that...I suggest you go ask the chamber whats cooking and why they think about NDSU is got a lot of things going on that involve a lot of employers livelihoods and employees jobs. But maybe you are correct......Boring shit!

Item two....Its currently a sports channel, but that does not mean it will stay that way. BTW....science lab channel or an ag channel seriously. You think that is all we do at SU. YOU do understand land grant right??? The potential is there to use sports as the main draw and sprinkle in the other.....HMMM might I say the front porch strategy.

Item three....So I guess we should be doing MN college sports as well. RUFS CLARK! Also, Just because MN pro sports are the only things you get here does not mean everyone likes or cares about MN sports. There are plenty of none MN sports fans here as well.

Item four: Again, you nor I know what they will do with the channel. IMO, as it sits now its shit.
    Finally, KNDS is not for that "stuff" at all. KNDS LP is a student ran radio and its a ton of fun to have a show on there...At least it was so back in the day.

who knows what will happen with the station, but my point is that there is enough marketable material there to make a decent. Especially when you focus on the extension (WBT is not all ag related) aspect.

What you say makes sense in a perfect world. I myself would like to hear a mix of things, but mainly sports, regional, professional, and local talk shows and news and weather. I like talk radio