Page 39 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Are there people that actually say this? That is rude, and dumb. I don't get people sometimes. What are their expectations from the start? Do people really think the next guy coming in is trying to be the next Scott Miller? If they do think that, they are dumb. Jeff needs to be Jeff. Grimsley needs to be Grimsley. I need to be me and you need to be you. Nothing wrong with learning a thing or two from someone that you look up to or that you've replaced, but just do you and live your life and do your job the best way you can. I get tired of hearing people always being compared to others. Be uplifting, be positive, focus on the strengths of others and praise them for those things.
    yeah like 3 people said it......I dont think they mean to be rude. I thinks its more about paying respect to SM. But, yes, I agree with you!

Cool 1st show. Can't wait for more shows. I couldn't have shut it off any faster when Cowherds show came on right after.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Are there people that actually say this? That is rude, and dumb. I don't get people sometimes. What are their expectations from the start? Do people really think the next guy coming in is trying to be the next Scott Miller? If they do think that, they are dumb. Jeff needs to be Jeff. Grimsley needs to be Grimsley. I need to be me and you need to be you. Nothing wrong with learning a thing or two from someone that you look up to or that you've replaced, but just do you and live your life and do your job the best way you can. I get tired of hearing people always being compared to others. Be uplifting, be positive, focus on the strengths of others and praise them for those things.
    yea Scott from Fargo said it at like 12:20 today... "youre a class act blah blah blah..........youre not gonna replace scotty"...

After listing to Jeff today, I believe he'll be just fine (probably great) if he just focuses on being himself.
    Hail the BISON!!!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    After listing to Jeff today, I believe he'll be just fine (probably great) if he just focuses on being himself.
    Yes. As a fan base, what are our expectations of him? That's the question. If there are a bunch of people out there that are always comparing him to Scott Miller, and are always going to call in and remind Jeff of who he isn't and never will be, then he'll never be great in their eyes...regardless of what he does. Again, like you said, he needs to just be himself and try every day to improve his craft because the standard is high because of who he replaced. I'm going to miss Scotty, but my approach to this situation is that he graduated onto better things, and there's a freshman here now. Just like any freshman there will be growing pains, a learning curve, an interception or a fumble from time to time, or a missed block. But by the time Jeff is a Senior, I hope he's a Hall of Fame Bison.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

to be fair what i heard today was just people trying to make him feel good, but i also agree with MN that they hould just welcome him and move on...hes class i like him already after 1 show today..it flowed awesome, no bablingabout non relevant things etc...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Great first show. Its great to have a show that is more then an hour and ALL Bison. Jack Michaels had good moments, but I wont be tuning into him. For those who didnt listen today, listen at 4, or listen to the pidcast and you will love this show already.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    to be fair what i heard today was just people trying to make him feel good, but i also agree with MN that they hould just welcome him and move on...hes class i like him already after 1 show today..it flowed awesome, no babblingabout non relevant things etc...
    What............. not 15 minutes talking about the hot dog he ate at the Redhawks game. How novel.

I thought he was very professional, has a nice voice and knew his stuff. Call me impressed!
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    What............. not 15 minutes talking about the hot dog he ate at the Redhawks game. How novel.

I thought he was very professional, has a nice voice and knew his stuff. Call me impressed!
    Fun fact: Jack Michaels is allergic to ketchup.

Carry on.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Fun fact: Jack Michaels is allergic to ketchup.

Carry on.
    Hot dogs are better sans ketchup anyway.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie