Page 24 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Ever since "Pinto" was let go at KFGO, I thought he would be a good host for a show. Some love him, some hate him; but at least he knows his stuff when it comes to the teams, and I he is always putting NDSU in a positive light.
    Hope he gets picked up, if he hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wow, podcasts.....modern concept that WDAY still does not do for their flagship programs.
    I am not sure this pot shot is all that necessary. WDAY has been absolutely amazing for NDSU's coverage. Dom and Jeff just kill it. Radio shows, the area voices page, I will just say they do a lot and their upper management isn't always on board due to some prior decisions. I hope they keep it up! Not many better. They don't control everything.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not sure this pot shot is all that necessary. WDAY has been absolutely amazing for NDSU's coverage. Dom and Jeff just kill it. Radio shows, the area voices page, I will just say they do a lot and their upper management isn't always on board due to some prior decisions. I hope they keep it up! Not many better. They don't control everything.
    Agree that WDAY does an outstanding job. However, the is exactly the reason they deserve the potshot as they limiting the potential of their platform. They have absolutely killer content, but it appears they do not understand how younger folks consume it?

Agree that WDAY does an outstanding job. However, the is exactly the reason they deserve the potshot as they limiting the potential of their platform. They have absolutely killer content, but it appears they do not understand how younger folks consume it?
    You have made your point...over and over and over.....and BV, on twitter, etc. My goodness. They don't call the shots. You don't think Dom wants to have his stuff over over the place? WDAY clearly disagrees, and nobody knows why. Just saying Dom and Jeff are setting the standard. Wish they controlled all of this. You are accurate...it would be nice.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I was in Watertown, SD, a few weeks back, having lunch with my father-in-law. Two gentlemen were talking about how NDSU's games are going to be on Watertown A.M. radio this fall. It was interesting listening to them talk. They were looking forward to listening to the games. They also said NDSU games will be on Mitchell radio also. A few others in the restaurant started talking about this also, almost all of them were looking forward to listening to NDSU football. They were saying they wished NDSU was on tv in Watertown. I informed them they could watch the NDSU games on ESPN 3 and explained how to access ESPN 3. I just think this is great how SD people want to follow NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You have made your point...over and over and over.....and BV, on twitter, etc. My goodness. They don't call the shots. You don't think Dom wants to have his stuff over over the place? WDAY clearly disagrees, and nobody knows why. Just saying Dom and Jeff are setting the standard. Wish they controlled all of this. You are accurate...it would be nice.
    No arguments and agree with you 100%; I have been trying to help them by going to the powers that be to make change. Hoping more will do the same.

No arguments and agree with you 100%; I have been trying to help them by going to the powers that be to make change. Hoping more will do the same.
    If you don't bitch, nobody will know. So keep bitching!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you don't bitch, nobody will know. So keep bitching!
    Pretty much my motto, although I prefer "the squeaky wheel get the grease." BTW, if folks do care about this, talk to Mike Kapel. He was great to interact with. MKapel@wday.com

what i hate is the constant bitching especially when the people providing the coverage are trying their best with management roadblocks in place, they will get podcasts, then the bitching will move on to another subject. should we settle..no but, there is a point to that maybe we should step back and be thankful for all the coverage

Im still curious to the question..is there another FCS team with a Radio station named after the school mascot that is NOT run by an in house group? maybe there is but i doubt if so there are many. If the content on 1660 is as good as it looks liek it will be its going to kick ass
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    what i hate is the constant bitching especially when the people providing the coverage are trying their best with management roadblocks in place, they will get podcasts, then the bitching will move on to another subject. should we settle..no but, there is a point to that maybe we should step back and be thankful for all the coverage

Im still curious to the question..is there another FCS team with a Radio station named after the school mascot that is NOT run by an in house group? maybe there is but i doubt if so there are many. If the content on 1660 is as good as it looks liek it will be its going to kick ass
    Well said. We honestly get Big Ten type of coverage. This new station has ideas that are just nuts. I think NDSU had a home run hire in Jeff. Young, motivated, with a great track record. He is all in with Bison athletics. I think his 11AM to 1PM talk show will bury 740 which has completely fallen apart. It is to the point where you cannot listen to it. It just continues to bug me.