Page 20 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Oh yes you will...he won't jump off the bandwagon completely
    Yeah, this is probably a more true statement. In fact, wasn't there a movie that dealt with this highly sensitive subject awhile back? Oh yes, I remember now.............National Lampoon's "Vacation".

Rusty Griswold: It's been a real fun trip, really. Well......except for Uncle Joel.
    Clark Griswold: Ah, he doesn't mean to be a pain in the rump. Let's not let it spoil our fun, huh?
    Rusty Griswold: (chuckles) I wont. (pauses) You know..........maybe he would be a nicer person if he had a team of his own, instead of, you know..............always having to "glomb-on" to someone else's.
    Clark Griswold: You're a bright little guy, excuse me............man! (starts crying)

That's what I really appreciate about Forum Comm despite all the flak they take. Those guys do a great job of covering NDSU (Kolpack and Izzo rule) whether they have the media contract or not. In contrast, KFGO's professionalism has always been more like that of a hooker - plus everything they did other than Bison broadcasts was flavored by Joel H's bitter dislike for all things NDSU (and all things Fargo, for that matter.)

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe KFGO did acknowledge NDSU's existence before 2010 (other than the 20-year constant themes of "Who's that? NDSU's President? We've got to fire him!" and "Fargo is horrible and the rest of the state should punish it by cutting NDSU's funding.") Heck, maybe KFGO and the almighty Joel Heitkamp will cover NDSU like professionals. Maybe.

There should be no reason to see The Gap tooth wonder at any Bison games. That pleases me.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There should be no reason to see The Gap tooth wonder at any Bison games. That pleases me.
    I remember seeing him at the first Frisco game hobbling around with a cane by himself.

I thought KFGO did a good job with coverage of NDSU, but also like that we have increased the bison Radio network coverage area, and get our own radio station.

I mean its pretty sad when a School in another city has to rely on the Media in a rival city for any coverage. You think a station in Missoula Mt would pick the Bobcats for their broadcast rights...its such a funny situation that all the el forko grads are all giddy about having KFGO that Fiason makes comments about being on the radio in the "states largest market" an, did he forget WDAY is FARGO based, frankly i couldn't care less they are on KFGO, WDAY whatever as I don't listen to Fhawks games.

As stated earlier KFGO has become borderline shit, Hammer absolutely sucks, and Jack and Amy is probably the worst thing my ears have ever had to soak in and thats damn hard to accomplish considering Sandy Buttweiler was on before. So to that point I sure hope the 1660 people take notice of the complete garbage local radio from 11am to 2pm slot and take advantage, because it wont be hard to beat the jack micheals show either.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    couple of reasons, NDSU is Winning Championships, we have more people tailgating than attend UND games so he can make his presence. Trust me he knows NDSU carries more clout in advertisements and following than UND but they needed sports coverage contracts to remain relevant in local media so im assuming they dropped their pants to get the fhawks deal so they can keep a few listeners.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's what I really appreciate about Forum Comm despite all the flak they take. Those guys do a great job of covering NDSU (Kolpack and Izzo rule) whether they have the media contract or not. In contrast, KFGO's professionalism has always been more like that of a hooker - plus everything they did other than Bison broadcasts was flavored by Joel H's bitter dislike for all things NDSU (and all things Fargo, for that matter.)

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe KFGO did acknowledge NDSU's existence before 2010 (other than the 20-year constant themes of "Who's that? NDSU's President? We've got to fire him!" and "Fargo is horrible and the rest of the state should punish it by cutting NDSU's funding.") Heck, maybe KFGO and the almighty Joel Heitkamp will cover NDSU like professionals. Maybe.
    I appreciate it too. Izzo and Kolpack are the best out there.

But... if you want listeners to tune in, you have to cover NDSU or you just won't have the viewers. That's just what good media does.

If your KFGO, you only talk about the teams who are paying you. I guarantee if we make about deep playoff run and listeners have to listen to listen to Bubba or Hockey, people will turn the channel

I remember driving down to Frisco and I had the KFGO app on for 2 days straight, just because I knew they would have great content.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I thought KFGO did a good job with coverage of NDSU, but also like that we have increased the bison Radio network coverage area, and get our own radio station.

I mean its pretty sad when a School in another city has to rely on the Media in a rival city for any coverage. You think a station in Missoula Mt would pick the Bobcats for their broadcast rights...its such a funny situation that all the el forko grads are all giddy about having KFGO that Fiason makes comments about being on the radio in the "states largest market" an, did he forget WDAY is FARGO based, frankly i couldn't care less they are on KFGO, WDAY whatever as I don't listen to Fhawks games.

As stated earlier KFGO has become borderline shit, Hammer absolutely sucks, and Jack and Amy is probably the worst thing my ears have ever had to soak in and thats damn hard to accomplish considering Sandy Buttweiler was on before. So to that point I sure hope the 1660 people take notice of the complete garbage local radio from 11am to 2pm slot and take advantage, because it wont be hard to beat the jack micheals show either.
    Don't you think NDSU noticed the KFGO situation when deciding to do 1660? Me thinks they were smarter than that and saw the writing on the wall with how bad KFGO is right now. None of their personalities do anything for me, even talking NDSU...just don't have the stomach for it. It really is the absolute worst talk station in Fargo.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I appreciate it too. Izzo and Kolpack are the best out there.

But... if you want listeners to tune in, you have to cover NDSU or you just won't have the viewers. That's just what good media does.

If your KFGO, you only talk about the teams who are paying you. I guarantee if we make about deep playoff run and listeners have to listen to listen to Bubba or Hockey, people will turn the channel

I remember driving down to Frisco and I had the KFGO app on for 2 days straight, just because I knew they would have great content.
    The bolded above in your post will be the interesting question to see going forward.

A lot has changed since KFGO was awarded the last contract. Their timing was perfect for them to get the coverage (i.e. the football team won national titles the last 5 years of the 6 year contract!), and by the same token, the timing was perfect for Forum Communications to continue to cover the local school with such coverage that one might not get from an outlet that doesn't have the contract. Five straight championships, a sold out venue, a tailgating scene that has taken off, and exponential general interest in the overall product...............will do that, I suppose.

I'm wondering if this new dynamic then will actually force KFGO to attempt some more-than-tertiary coverage of the Bison, ala WDAY, to remain relevant to a certain sizeable segment of the listening (and viewing in the case of WDAY-TV) public? I don't honestly expect that coverage to be as well produced and consistent as WDAY's going forward......................but I gotta believe that in this market, you HAVE to make SOME attempt at covering the Bison, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Don't you think NDSU noticed the KFGO situation when deciding to do 1660? Me thinks they were smarter than that and saw the writing on the wall with how bad KFGO is right now. None of their personalities do anything for me, even talking NDSU...just don't have the stomach for it. It really is the absolute worst talk station in Fargo.
    +++...and that is saying something.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]