Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Really? They are the #1 morning show in Minneapolis, I think they all mesh well together. Sure, there is some stupid fart joke humor, they put out a quality show most of the time. It's certainly an upgrade over Star's show...
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakBizon View Post
    Just as long as we dont have to listen to the "Power Trip" morning show from the cities. My god those guys are terrible. Would be nice to get Mike and Mike.
    I don't mind the power trip at all. Then again I'm also a Vikes, Twins, Wolves, and Wild fan.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Really? They are the #1 morning show in Minneapolis, I think they all mesh well together. Sure, there is some stupid fart joke humor, they put out a quality show most of the time. It's certainly an upgrade over Star's show...
    You've got to be joking. I quit listening after Star got the boot. It's beyond childish at this point. Most of KFAN's shit has gotten old.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I'm glad I have a life beyond sports. I could care less about this radio stuff.
    God forbid you listen to the radio on the way to and from work, right? Your life must be extra serious.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    No kidding morning shows like that are a complete bit. I get their humor/jokes may rub people wrong. The variety they do keeps you entertained never really know what they might come up with one day. I didn't mind Star's show much either, have to say he really gave the legs to what they have now days though.
    That came off wrong, I didn't mind Star's show, I just think this group is better. Obviously, the pieces were in place and I sort of questioned the decision when they let him go. They've got their own thing now and it works. I love initials on Friday morning on the way to work, makes me forget that I'm going to work.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

God forbid you listen to the radio on the way to and from work, right? Your life must be extra serious.

That came off wrong, I didn't mind Star's show, I just think this group is better. Obviously, the pieces were in place and I sort of questioned the decision when they let him go. They've got their own thing now and it works. I love initials on Friday morning on the way to work, makes me forget that I'm going to work.
    Not for 13 years I haven't.
    Last edited by bloodmakesthegrassgrow; 04-02-2016 at 04:23 AM.

This is interesting. I saw on Twitter that the next "Voice Of The Bison" will also be the program director at our new radio station. I'm liking it already.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is interesting. I saw on Twitter that the next "Voice Of The Bison" will also be the program director at our new radio station. I'm liking it already.
    Shadoe Stevens is returning home to reboot his career and to make amends for being an alumni of the whiteflagship school?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How about someone interesting like Drago
    Any ideas what you would like to hear? Thoughts
    I doubt drago would be interested in making money off of ndsu.

Same here start at 8:00 so I don't get to hear them unless they change the time, or they talk about it the following week.

Crazy that the reason I stumbled upon the show 12-13 years ago was tuning into PA and Dubay would hear stars sign off on his true superstar segment and that was what got me listening. Loved how sludge (Cory) and Hawkey would "railroad" him into doing eating contests (obviously they had the bits preplanned) that he did by saying no don't do it, you have your health to worry about, like begging him not to do it. But he'd do it anyway.

I like what it has morphed into with Sauce being their whipping boy now sort of like star was with his eating contests.

Hawkey sounds like a great guy to hang out with, he must just have a ton of stories. I don't know how he can do his band and then have to wake up at 2:30 be to work by 3:30ish etc, and he does producing for Vikings games too. Guess its all that red bull or whatever he drinks!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Same here start at 8:00 so I don't get to hear them unless they change the time, or they talk about it the following week.

Crazy that the reason I stumbled upon the show 12-13 years ago was tuning into PA and Dubay would hear stars sign off on his true superstar segment and that was what got me listening. Loved how sludge (Cory) and Hawkey would "railroad" him into doing eating contests (obviously they had the bits preplanned) that he did by saying no don't do it, you have your health to worry about, like begging him not to do it. But he'd do it anyway.

I like what it has morphed into with Sauce being their whipping boy now sort of like star was with his eating contests.

Hawkey sounds like a great guy to hang out with, he must just have a ton of stories. I don't know how he can do his band and then have to wake up at 2:30 be to work by 3:30ish etc, and he does producing for Vikings games too. Guess its all that red bull or whatever he drinks!
    I used to be an avid Lex and Terry listener when I drove for my job, then would turn it to KFAN when PA & Dubay started. I very quickly tired of the recycled stuff on L&T and ended up doing about like what you did. Would catch bits and pieces of Star if I was out of town and couldn't get L&T. Pretty soon it was just my routine to listen to them. They seem to love their jobs and it shows in their style...and quite frankly, rubs off on my mood in the morning.

I used to be a really big Common Man fan as well, but I just don't listen as much now that I'm at my desk. Bump is easily my favorite show/host followed by Power Trip.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.