Page 151 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Are there any other FCS schools in the Dakotas (or anywhere in these United States) that has a current mid-day talk show focused on their local team or the FCS at large to even think about a simulcast?

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    I'd love to see some type of partnership for a more regionally focused FCS football/basketball show that could get simulcast in Grand Frorks, Fargo, Brookings, Sioux Falls, etc. Couple hour show with a guy from each of the Dakota schools, or more preferably, a group of guys without any official University relationships (which could allow for a more entertaining show), group could include maybe Herder, someone from SD, someone from Fargo, and someone like Kelly Howe from UNDFB360. Really feel like a show with a little more round table discussion could work really well if it could appeal to fans of more than one school without the focus being as broad as the entire nation. A show that can dig a little deeper and include some jokes or non fb topics. Pipe dream I know.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    I'd love to see some type of partnership for a more regionally focused FCS football/basketball show that could get simulcast in Grand Frorks, Fargo, Brookings, Sioux Falls, etc. Couple hour show with a guy from each of the Dakota schools, or more preferably, a group of guys without any official University relationships (which could allow for a more entertaining show), group could include maybe Herder, someone from SD, someone from Fargo, and someone like Kelly Howe from UNDFB360. Really feel like a show with a little more round table discussion could work really well if it could appeal to fans of more than one school without the focus being as broad as the entire nation. A show that can dig a little deeper and include some jokes or non fb topics. Pipe dream I know.
    I would be ok with including some local FCS content once we are FBS, but definitely not until then. However, I wish they would do a weekly local small college segment. Bring on a coach and maybe follow some of the schools who are having a good season. It would also be awesome if they expanded the post game show by 30 minutes and broke down games and scores for the ND and Western, MN football Schools. Maybe it would help entice stations carrying the game to pick up more post game content? It drives me nuts that as a resident of western ND, I can get a full days worth of Husker Football content over the radio including a late night game replay but have to go online for NDSU post game coverage.

oh shut up it's a NDSU station. don't have time for the rest. they can all be included in the 2 minute MFVC roundtable 1 time a week
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh shut up it's a NDSU station. don't have time for the rest. they can all be included in the 2 minute MFVC roundtable 1 time a week
    No kidding, it's hilarious listening to other schools' pregame radio shows. JMU used to have 30 minutes of radio before their playoff games LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    With Rob coupled with someone like Kyle, Jirik, Chris Hanson, Ross Uglem, B.Shawn would be back on that level. Some that have actual knowledge and can be professional (unlike Andy’s dumbass who is more concerned with himself, his lame jokes, talking down to people as cohosts n guests)

Jeff the GOAT, professional and insightful.
    JJ was incredibly in touch and insightful for NDSU listeners, the annoyance with him was him shitting on teams he doesn’t care about like Twins, Vikes, NBA
    Tanguay was a miserable listen.
    The only person worse than Andy (not by much) with idiocy, thinks they’re smarter than they are and are not funny at all was Ryan Gelner
    2 hours everyday to talk about NDSU outside of the fall/winter has got to be tough to fill that programming. Heck some weeks I feel like some days are just repeat of the previous ones. How much time do they really need to cover the FCS per week. Covering other local pro teams is the next best option for airtime but outside of the Vikings who really is following the other MN sports teams. Rob coming in will need to learn the local sports scene before he can take over the show because all he knows right now is Texas. The talking down Andy does is just the same thing JJ and Brake did during their shows. Not much humble in that studio recently until Rob came onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Are there any other FCS schools in the Dakotas (or anywhere in these United States) that has a current mid-day talk show focused on their local team or the FCS at large to even think about a simulcast?
    How many G5 schools even have what we have, most are not as relevant in their regions as NDSU is.

Brad Jones>> Andy

I now see why you guys can’t listen to 1660 all week. Andy is unbearable, so much better to listen to all the pregame shows without Andy!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Andy sucks! Get him off the air! Fire Andy save season!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I listened to some of your radio on Saturday.

Your new PxP guy, he really doesn't have to try to come up with a cutesy-rhymey name for each guy ... does he? Kaczor the Razor? Seriously?

And Phil Hanson was excoriating your defense's inability to tackle in the first half. I missed the second half. I can only imagine what that sounded like.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I listened to some of your radio on Saturday.

Your new PxP guy, he really doesn't have to try to come up with a cutesy-rhymey name for each guy ... does he? Kaczor the Razor? Seriously?

And Phil Hanson was excoriating your defense's inability to tackle in the first half. I missed the second half. I can only imagine what that sounded like.
    Phil has always been great at speaking his mind and not sugar coating things when the team isn't playing up to expectations. Haven't listened to more than the highlights this year so jury is still out on the PxP guy.