Page 141 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Tre Dempsey is gold on that show. It'd be interesting (but FCC scary) if Heagle would call up when Dempsey is on.
    That would be welcomed given the quality of callers this fall season….especially the same 2 that are constantly on
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    That would be welcomed given the quality of callers this fall season….especially the same 2 that are constantly on
    Hard not to cringe when John from West Fargo comes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I tried tuning into the home of the Dukes JMU radio station 90 minutes before kickoff. It’s some spare ass random show talking about tips for shopping on Amazon and how to avoid spam phone calls.

I say this probably every year but we are so fortunate to have the media coverage that we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol I tried tuning into the home of the Dukes JMU radio station 90 minutes before kickoff. It’s some spare ass random show talking about tips for shopping on Amazon and how to avoid spam phone calls.

I say this probably every year but we are so fortunate to have the media coverage that we do.
    Oh for sure, I absolutely love that we have 1660 and the work the team does, Culhane and Keith are awesome, the caliber of guests are great. The phone in callers are what make it insufferable.

“So, do you think the Bison want to win games, or would you say they just like wearing the uniforms and then are ok with how how the game works out? I’ll hang up and listen.”

“Yeah, I gotta chime in from the road here and say, you know I watched the game, and while
    I watched the game, from my tv, that’s where I saw the game was on my tv, that during the game on my tv, that the offense looked slow- I know we scored 178 points, but do you think we looked slow from being there in person and not watching it on tv???”

“I’m tired of winning. I think we should have lost, what do you guys think???”

“You guys look great in underwear, I don’t look as great in underwear, but you guys look really great in underwear and I can’t emphasize how great you guys look in underwear”

^^^ obviously not real calls, but also not far off from the shit they let on the air each week.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Oh for sure, I absolutely love that we have 1660 and the work the team does, Culhane and Keith are awesome, the caliber of guests are great. The phone in callers are what make it insufferable.

“So, do you think the Bison want to win games, or would you say they just like wearing the uniforms and then are ok with how how the game works out? I’ll hang up and listen.”

“Yeah, I gotta chime in from the road here and say, you know I watched the game, and while
    I watched the game, from my tv, that’s where I saw the game was on my tv, that during the game on my tv, that the offense looked slow- I know we scored 178 points, but do you think we looked slow from being there in person and not watching it on tv???”

“I’m tired of winning. I think we should have lost, what do you guys think???”

“You guys look great in underwear, I don’t look as great in underwear, but you guys look really great in underwear and I can’t emphasize how great you guys look in underwear”

^^^ obviously not real calls, but also not far off from the shit they let on the air each week.
    Then call in! I’m sure they’d love to have higher quality folks call in but it’s not like John and Jonas or whoever are all they’ll let call.

I don’t love the callers either but since I don’t call in I don’t complain
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Kolpack is on the Insiders, don’t know if this is a common occurrence but it’s great to hear Jeff and Jeff on 1660 throw in Izzo and it would be awesome
    *one day later*

Kolpack is on the Insiders, don’t know if this is a common occurrence but it’s great to hear Jeff and Jeff on 1660 throw in Izzo and it would be awesome
    And there you have it … Kolpack is FBS. Right on Jeff

It is nice to hear those two chat like this on the radio. We’ve come a long ways now it seems

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    And there you have it … Kolpack is FBS. Right on Jeff

It is nice to hear those two chat like this on the radio. We’ve come a long ways now it seems
    You’re absolutely right. I stopped listening after the first segment, work came up. Can’t wait

Whether it’s 1660 or WDAY we are spoiled as fans to have this. I live in Dallas and for reference all SMU gets is a 15 minute pregame show (30 minutes if they’re doing well). Makes it super easy to follow from a distance and I absolutely donate more to NDSU because of it.

Also doesn’t hurt that they’ve interacted quite a bit with my dad at Sickie’s during their live broadcasts the past month. We’ve had some nightmarish family health issues going on and that interaction meant the absolute world to him (and us). Major kudos to Jeff and Andy. All big Bison fans who live in Fargo should be grabbing lunch at Sickie’s on Thursdays, btw.
    *one day later*

Great, cant wait to listen to it in 6-7 days when they post the episode on their Soundcloud account.

Seriously how much effort does it take to upload each show sometime later the same day?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Great, cant wait to listen to it in 6-7 days when they post the episode on their Soundcloud account.

Seriously how much effort does it take to upload each show sometime later the same day?
    Ummm don’t they? Lol I usually listen to the insiders in the afternoon when I do

Make sure you’re actually clicking on the 1660 account

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984
    *one day later*