Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Also a pretty large percentage of the revenue goes directly back to our athletic department. Heard it was something like 25 or 35%. If the station takes off, this could turn into a cash cow and boost our budget.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I just heard that Jeff Culhane and Jeremy Jorgenson will host a live show every weekday in the afternoon. I think it's 11-1

August 1st
    Awesome thanks for the updates. I can't wait to tune in.

What happened to Pinto?

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what content are they going to have over the summer months? I can't see 24hrs of new bison content when school is out.

I hope this is a good revenue generator for NDSU but I think having enough interesting content for the general public/more causal bison fans will be difficult.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    So what content are they going to have over the summer months? I can't see 24hrs of new bison content when school is out.

I hope this is a good revenue generator for NDSU but I think having enough interesting content for the general public/more causal bison fans will be difficult.
    If it's anything like other team-centric radio stations I have listened to, in the summer months you can expect topics similar to "Who will be our backup gunners?" and "Which font should be used for the numbers on our jerseys?". So, not all that dissimilar from the topics here.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    If it's anything like other team-centric radio stations I have listened to, in the summer months you can expect topics similar to "Who will be our backup gunners?" and "Which font should be used for the numbers on our jerseys?". So, not all that dissimilar from the topics here.
    will idiot und fans be allowed to participate maybe a Will Ratelle hour?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

August 1st
    I thought it'd be sooner

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Oh, hell yes!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post

Summer months will be tough. Curious if they will keep the Fox Sports Affiliate? I think shows like Dan Patrick would probably get a few more listeners once Bison fans start to keep their radios set to 1660 but around the clock national radio sucks big time.

I really think we will need lots of podcasts and interviews throughout the day.

We need another local guy to have a radio show later in the day. In a perfect world a call in show talking sports in general. Someone like Pinto or Gellnar is out there and always has some great content. Or at least give them a prerecorded show. I like some of thr player interviews Gellnar did.

What about Brian Shawn, Timmerman, or Beth Hoole?

Maybe Bison Report could get their podcast aired?? How about John Neis?
    How about getting Teammakers people to get a half hour once a week. Hearing Simmers and Stark could be interesting. People from Bison Illustrated would be interesting.

I think about all the shows I like in the summer here locally. I like Hallstrom and Kolpack/ Izzo the best. They always find something interesting to talk about related to the FCS, Mid Major basketball, etc

They have interviews with radio voices of other teams. Examples I heard the radio voice of Georgia Southern and a few other teams talking their move up to FBS. They have the commissioners of the MVFC talking rules changes, media, etc. Talking to people with Idaho and New Mexico State about conference alignment.

You gotta have some regional talk. I wouldn't mind hearing about what's going on at Youngstown, Northern Iowa, SDSU, Illinois State, Oral Roberts, etc. Talking about your competitors isn't a bad thing. Strengthens the league. Who wouldn't be interested in taking Bo Pelini!!
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-18-2016 at 05:38 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Summer months will be tough. Curious if they will keep the Fox Sports Affiliate? I think shows like Dan Patrick would probably get a few more listeners once Bison fans start to keep their radios set to 1660 but around the clock national radio sucks big time.

I really think we will need lots of podcasts and interviews throughout the day.

We need another local guy to have a radio show later in the day. In a perfect world a call in show talking sports in general. Someone like Pinto or Gellnar is out there and always has some great content. Or at least give them a prerecorded show. I like some of thr player interviews Gellnar did.

What about Brian Shawn, Timmerman, or Beth Hoole?

Maybe Bison Report could get their podcast aired?? How about John Neis?
    How about getting Teammakers people to get a half hour once a week. Hearing Simmers and Stark could be interesting. People from Bison Illustrated would be interesting.

I think about all the shows I like in the summer here locally. I like Hallstrom and Kolpack/ Izzo the best. They always find something interesting to talk about related to the FCS, Mid Major basketball, etc

They have interviews with radio voices of other teams. Examples I heard the radio voice of Georgia Southern and a few other teams talking their move up to FBS. They have the commissioners of the MVFC talking rules changes, media, etc. Talking to people with Idaho and New Mexico State about conference alignment.

You gotta have some regional talk. I wouldn't mind hearing about what's going on at Youngstown, Northern Iowa, SDSU, Illinois State, Oral Roberts, etc. Talking about your competitors isn't a bad thing. Strengthens the league. Who wouldn't be interested in taking Bo Pelini!!
    All the above have real jobs, as for anyone who might have worked over at the other stations, they have to have a job at the station to do a show. I remember when I did a lunch show at The Ticket with Jason Spiess, that was one hour out of about 10 I was at the station hustling like crazy. I was on about 4 different stations on any given day doing something.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯