Page 133 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Jeff does an outstanding job and I think we are actually very lucky to have him.

Still wish he wouldn't say BEH-BEH!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I guess I missed the posts about not being appreciative for what we have. Lol people crack me up. It's such a Midwest thing to not be allowed to speak up and ask for what you want.

And now I'll be told to leave if I don't like it here. My other favorite ND/Midwest thing.

Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Something like this "Now don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!"
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Haven’t used BV to vent in a while but I am going to right now.
    I will preface that I listen to 1660 a ton, and rarely miss an Insiders. Jeff is awesome and a true professional, Keith Brake is awesome and one of my personal faves with respects to all of sports broadcasting that I listen to. And am grateful for what the team at 1660 does for the Bison as far as coverage, info, exposure, quality, etc.
    But holy shit am I getting sick of Jorgensen never passing on shitting on Twins, NBA and Vikings at ANY possible chance he can (and I’m the furthest thing from a Vikings fan there is) but he only uses Twins talk to downplay them and then segway into talking about the Reds, who I bet of all the listeners of the show could give two fucks about the Reds and are likely a majority of Twins fans. If you don’t care about NFL, stopping using the show to shit on your broadcast partners and (again) majority of listeners fave team just to try and be funny (which he isn’t ever). And nobody gives two fucks if he doesn’t like NBA, then shut up and don’t comment if you don’t like the nba, and when he does comment it’s inaccurate info 80% of the time. Dude is starting to make the show unbearable to listen to other than where he is actually enjoyable talking about FCS football and NDSU athletics.
    Said my peace. Carry on.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

agree with above, and his fellating over Montana Grizzlies into any conversation.

HOWEVER the boys are KILLING it in todays show turn it on.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Haven’t used BV to vent in a while but I am going to right now.
    I will preface that I listen to 1660 a ton, and rarely miss an Insiders. Jeff is awesome and a true professional, Keith Brake is awesome and one of my personal faves with respects to all of sports broadcasting that I listen to. And am grateful for what the team at 1660 does for the Bison as far as coverage, info, exposure, quality, etc.
    But holy shit am I getting sick of Jorgensen never passing on shitting on Twins, NBA and Vikings at ANY possible chance he can (and I’m the furthest thing from a Vikings fan there is) but he only uses Twins talk to downplay them and then segway into talking about the Reds, who I bet of all the listeners of the show could give two fucks about the Reds and are likely a majority of Twins fans. If you don’t care about NFL, stopping using the show to shit on your broadcast partners and (again) majority of listeners fave team just to try and be funny (which he isn’t ever). And nobody gives two fucks if he doesn’t like NBA, then shut up and don’t comment if you don’t like the nba, and when he does comment it’s inaccurate info 80% of the time. Dude is starting to make the show unbearable to listen to other than where he is actually enjoyable talking about FCS football and NDSU athletics.
    Said my peace. Carry on.
    He will also bring up Nebraska and then get Jeff going on about Nebraska. A school I literally don't give a single damn about.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He will also bring up Nebraska and then get Jeff going on about Nebraska. A school I literally don't give a single damn about.
    I don't mind the occasional Husker talk. Jeff still has mega connections there and they are THE I29 P5 corridor football program. Besides, we are basically Nebraska Jr and a lot of their history from 60's until present corelates ours. I also enjoy Jorgy's inside talk of what's going on with the Griz and to a lesser extent MSU, as they are really our only true non Valley FCS football peers west of the Mississippi. There is only so much Bison talk one can do so you have to sprinkle in some other stuff and no Bison fans want to hear about the Goph's or F'n Hawkers on a regular basis.

The Reds bit does get old though and I also hate the "Beh, Beh"
    Call. My biggest gripe is that their program doesn't get simulcast in Western ND. Yes I know, stream it! But I am not a huge fan of doing that, can't hear it when am in the tractor or working in the shop. Frankly I am just to busy to dedicate the time to listen every show every day but would love to catch bits and pieces every day. It's funny though, I never miss a coaches show, but it's only 30 minutes a week during the season. Lastly I don't listen to Brake as much anymore because he likes to sprinkle politics in from time to time. PLEASE keep politics out of sports Brake, we are already surrounded by that everywhere 24/7.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just listened to Keith Brake for the last time today. He just can't help himself and always intertwines his political beliefs into his show. I don't care what his politics are either way, I just don't want to hear about them. We have a million others places we can go for political talk these days and it should be kept out of what neutral ground we have left.

FM Pro's

Kolpack
    Izzo
    Culhane

FM hacks

McFooly
    Gap tooth
    Brake

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Just listened to Keith Brake for the last time today. He just can't help himself and always intertwines his political beliefs into his show. I don't care what his politics are either way, I just don't want to hear about them. We have a million others places we can go for political talk these days and it should be kept out of what neutral ground we have left.

FM Pro's

Kolpack
    Izzo
    Culhane

FM hacks

McFooly
    Gap tooth
    Brake
    Agree 100% on Brake. I was done when after his interview with Vinnie Shahid where they talked about Black Lives Matter, he said, "Vinnie. You matter!"
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Agree 100% on Brake. I was done when after his interview with Vinnie Shahid where they talked about Black Lives Matter, he said, "Vinnie. You matter!"
    So you're done because Vinnie Shahid feels blacks are oppressed and Keith Brake says he matters? Easily offended? You may want to turn all the major sports leagues off. The Twins and White Sox wore George Floyd patches. The Vikings have made statements as have the Packers. How about our head coach? Trey Lance and all his receivers? Heck they even marched.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Someone needs to check on Dom. I'm generally a big fan and think he's put his heart and soul into the job since he arrived, but increasingly he just sounds angry and while he's usually not overtly political, but it's very thinly veiled. He went on and on braging about how he hadn't used the nickname for an NFL team as if that really made a difference to anyone. I really doubt anyone noticed or cared.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!