Page 128 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I dont think Mcfeeley was kicked out, he had a good base and his slot is still all local people to fill and it runs from 7-11 with Mike Cappel

Now Port, that was a shitshow
    I don't agree with Port on some things but he makes more sense than "I've never seen a tax increase that I didn't like Mcfeely"
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

I dont think Mcfeeley was kicked out, he had a good base and his slot is still all local people to fill and it runs from 7-11 with Mike Cappel

McFeely had no say in whether his show would continue or not. Like everything he writes, it was spun by him to suit his own purposes.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I recently spoke with Rob and he indicated that the model the forum is going to along with the trend in the media is to podcasting and blogging. In both cases you can accurately determine how many people have listen and read. He also indicated local and live is expensive and time consuming. Not only do you have Rob or Mike Mcfeely on the air, but there is a producer and often times other people in the studio. So it is a big overhead number to coverage. Whereas you just but the syndication radio and you know the costs.

A portion of Mcfeely's time when to Caple as they just expanded his show, so actual local airtime when down.

Question for people that sell on air advertising. What is a 1,000 hits to a pod cast worth? $25 per ad? $50? $5. just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that McFeely has now done two opinion pieces specifically on local radio ratings that are based on listenership numbers from a company (Nielsen) that his very own employer, Forum Communications, doesn't even subscribe to anymore because FCC is no longer convinced of their accuracy?

Here, from the original ratings article (not McFeely's opinion pieces):

"Some broadcast companies are no longer using the service because of that decline in accuracy. WDAY 970 AM, which is owned by Forum Communications Co. that also owns The Forum, no longer subscribes to Nielsen ratings, for example. Stations that don't subscribe aren't included in topline radio ratings, which are the only publicly released ratings by Nielsen each period."
    According to Arbitron, The Fan had dramatically more listeners than WDAY ever had. And it doesnt take a genius to call bullshit on that one. That's why WDAY and The Flag quit arbitron because its garbage reporting

WDAY
    Spring 17 - 3.4
    Fall 16 3.6
    Spring 16 - 4.0
    Fall 15 - 5.1

740 FAN
    Fall 2018 -4.3
    Spring 17 - 2.9
    Fall 16 - 2.3
    Spring 16 - 1.6
    Fall 15 - 3.5

Bison 1660
    Fall 18 - 1.3
    Spring 18 - .8
    Fall 17 - 1.7

Pre Bison 1660
    Spring 16 - NA
    Fall 15 - NA

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb187

To find the old ratings, plug the url into the internet way back machine

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I recently spoke with Rob and he indicated that the model the forum is going to along with the trend in the media is to podcasting and blogging. In both cases you can accurately determine how many people have listen and read. He also indicated local and live is expensive and time consuming. Not only do you have Rob or Mike Mcfeely on the air, but there is a producer and often times other people in the studio. So it is a big overhead number to coverage. Whereas you just but the syndication radio and you know the costs.

A portion of Mcfeely's time when to Caple as they just expanded his show, so actual local airtime when down.

Question for people that sell on air advertising. What is a 1,000 hits to a pod cast worth? $25 per ad? $50? $5. just curious.

Thanks
    Port was a larger drain broadcasting from a basement in Minot remote, I find it very hard to believe Mcfeely was pushed out, he did give Heitkamp a run for the AM listening. Maybe they did I really don't care but my bet is Port was first on the chopping block, and Mcfeeley has always been a writer and I can see running a show, writing and blogging was a ton of hours.

in Contrast Cappel and Heitkamp (790) do only a radio show not write columns also. but im not into radio just listen to lots of talk radio. I liked MM because his shows were not all politics, mixed sports, outdoors, ect..

Thanks
    1000 on a pod cast = $5

50,000 LIVE LISTENERS on a NDSU gameday = $250

no one is getting rich of these, that's the problem and the reason Mcfooly and portly got the boot.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Port was a larger drain broadcasting from a basement in Minot remote, I find it very hard to believe Mcfeely was pushed out, he did give Heitkamp a run for the AM listening. Maybe they did I really don't care but my bet is Port was first on the chopping block, and Mcfeeley has always been a writer and I can see running a show, writing and blogging was a ton of hours.

in Contrast Cappel and Heitkamp (790) do only a radio show not write columns also. but im not into radio just listen to lots of talk radio. I liked MM because his shows were not all politics, mixed sports, outdoors, ect..
    Rob must have been doing something well to get the FCC job. His blogs and online content must be getting clicks. Another issue with the 2 or 3 hour radio show daily it content. It is hard to find people to have on the air and then if you want to a good job you need to do your homework on the guest of the topic. Rob did know his topics, you might not have agreed with what he said, but he was informed. Whereas Mcfeely just talks and writes his left wing jibberish.

From an advertiser on the radio, I really don't know at the numbers, ratings, but who is the demographic directed and do you have quantifiable results. I advertise on the Flag since their demographic needs a service that I provide. Whether 100 people listen to a show or 1,000, I can calculate my results with new clients based on the fact they tell me they heard me on the flag.

Rob must have been doing something well to get the FCC job. His blogs and online content must be getting clicks. Another issue with the 2 or 3 hour radio show daily it content. It is hard to find people to have on the air and then if you want to a good job you need to do your homework on the guest of the topic. Rob did know his topics, you might not have agreed with what he said, but he was informed. Whereas Mcfeely just talks and writes his left wing jibberish.

From an advertiser on the radio, I really don't know at the numbers, ratings, but who is the demographic directed and do you have quantifiable results. I advertise on the Flag since their demographic needs a service that I provide. Whether 100 people listen to a show or 1,000, I can calculate my results with new clients based on the fact they tell me they heard me on the flag.
    It's all about demographics. The Flag is certainly targeted if you want Republican males with high income. Port is probably younger male Libertarian leaning conservatives / straight up Republicans and Democrats who just love to hate him

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I believe 740 simulcasts also via the FM dial, I could be wrong because I haven't listened to that station for 3 years. Can't stand Paul Allen or JM, I will also admit outside of FB season I don't listen to 1660 either so there's that
    Why is that? They still talk about FB a lot even in the off season.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Why is that? They still talk about FB a lot even in the off season.
    Because it's my offseason also. I'm not one that needs to listen all year round, also all the kool aid that's poured, would be refreshing for a bit of constructive criticism not all hugs and kisses.

That's just me and maybe they have but I have not heard it. Different opinions are nice sometimes. I'll tune in today to see what they are talking about and give it another shot.