Page 118 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I've read a lot of people complaining that the station doesn't reach out very far but just want to say that I listened on my way home yesterday and no problems picking it up all the way to the west side of Jamestown....probably about 40 miles west of Jimtown before I lost it.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I've read a lot of people complaining that the station doesn't reach out very far but just want to say that I listened on my way home yesterday and no problems picking it up all the way to the west side of Jamestown....probably about 40 miles west of Jimtown before I lost it.
    It's 2017. who doesn't have the ability to connect with the app? I live 950 miles away from the station and listen all the time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    It has been better late in the season compared to sept/oct.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's 2017. who doesn't have the ability to connect with the app? I live 950 miles away from the station and listen all the time.
    Hey, go easy with the common sense and logic. Remember your audience.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Depends to a great extent on cell tower coverage. I guarantee you no matter who your carrier is if you drive up to my lake cabin in Northern MN and then head west up over the ridge toward the iron range - you aren't going to be listening to any web stream - or calling 911 for that matter.

If you have a vehicle that can connect to the radio system it's fine or just one person in the vehicle. Otherwise phone app doesn't work so well in a vehicle that has no connectivity (which both of mine do not). That said I have no problems I live in Hillsboro and listen on the way home after a game is usually the only time I listen to it and never have any issues there.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    If you have a vehicle that can connect to the radio system it's fine or just one person in the vehicle. Otherwise phone app doesn't work so well in a vehicle that has no connectivity (which both of mine do not). That said I have no problems I live in Hillsboro and listen on the way home after a game is usually the only time I listen to it and never have any issues there.
    I have a Bluetooth speaker in my bathroom that I connect to while I'm getting ready. I've tried catching the pregame, or pre-pregame a couple times and the app cuts out on me. Not real impressed with it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Depends to a great extent on cell tower coverage. I guarantee you no matter who your carrier is if you drive up to my lake cabin in Northern MN and then head west up over the ridge toward the iron range - you aren't going to be listening to any web stream - or calling 911 for that matter.
    Same issues we have at the lake. Driving East on I94 we can't pick it up until just past Valley City. Going west on our way home we lose it just past Jamestown.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I have a Bluetooth speaker in my bathroom that I connect to while I'm getting ready. I've tried catching the pregame, or pre-pregame a couple times and the app cuts out on me. Not real impressed with it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I have noticed the app dropping too. I used to use the app to listen over lunch, when I would go home I would just open the app - don't even have a radio in the house, is that a thing? DO people still have radios? Anyway the app would cut out for no reason and I would have to restart it. My suggestion is to try using the TuneIn Radio app. I have never used the TuneIn mobile app but now when I'm home over lunch I just tell Alexa to play 1660 on tunein radio and it works great. I have never had it drop since listening through TuneIn on my Amazon Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I have noticed the app dropping too. I used to use the app to listen over lunch, when I would go home I would just open the app - don't even have a radio in the house, is that a thing? DO people still have radios? Anyway the app would cut out for no reason and I would have to restart it. My suggestion is to try using the TuneIn Radio app. I have never used the TuneIn mobile app but now when I'm home over lunch I just tell Alexa to play 1660 on tunein radio and it works great. I have never had it drop since listening through TuneIn on my Amazon Echo.
    I listen to tons of local radio. the WDAY, KFGO and 1660 stand alone apps seem to have connection issues, now with Tunein Radio app its clear as a bell and steady streaming. Guessing tunein has better quality software etc..

so yes, listen thru Tune In and you'll be fine, and also its nice to pause the content and re start, when you get calls, or leave the vehicle then you can jump commercials also!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant