Page 11 of 155 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I just don't like his announcing. And as some people say on here he's a crappy interviewer because he asks 2 min long questions. I know he's a former bison baseball player if I remember correctly from some of his shows he's mentioned it? Not sure if it's a lakesbison type scenario though as I don't know him personally!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm not saying Jack should or should not be the guy. But I'm really surprised how many people don't like a guy who is Bison to the bone. I'm curious if everyone knows his background.
    It's nothing personal. Just don't think he's the voice of the Bison. He's fine for women's BB or baseball but I'd rather someone better for FB and men's BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's nothing personal. Just don't think he's the voice of the Bison. He's fine for women's BB or baseball but I'd rather someone better for FB and men's BB.
    I've stated this earlier, but hopefully they find someone like 850 KOA's Mark Johnson (UND grad though) who has a great radio voice and knows both football and basketball inside and out.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I find it hard to listen to 1660 but I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I find it hard to listen to 1660 but I'm trying.
    I don't think the format has changed yet. Right now it's just syndicated crap

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I don't think the format has changed yet. Right now it's just syndicated crap
    Never did hear when it was supposed to change over. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Personally I like JM, he did play baseball for the Bison, but as you said he was perfect as the relief-pitcher guy when Scottie couldnt do the game(s). This isnt a knock against JM or anyone, but Scott Miller not only was an amazing announcer, but everygame he ever did, he made you feel as if he, Scott Miller, felt privileged in calling the game for us, the listeners. I also feel Ryan Gelnar takes the same attitude. He feels privileged to simply help with pre-game and post game stuff.
    What the Bison will need at this point is someone who takes this same attitude. Not someone who just took the job for $$$ or maybe its a stepping stone to another job in a bigger market. We Bison fans who lived through the D-1 move, felt the pains of that move. So did Scottie Miller. He always made us feel special to simply BE a Bison fan and acted thankful to have us as listeners.
    The next person(s) better take this same approach!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joe Schad just became available.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

I'm not saying Jack should or should not be the guy. But I'm really surprised how many people don't like a guy who is Bison to the bone. I'm curious if everyone knows his background.
    Joel had him on kfgo today to help interview Fran Tarkenton, he wouldn't let Fran speak...frank freaking Tarkenton

It was annoying as hell, he may be Bison etc but that does not automatically mean I have to enjoy him. He sucks on radio shows imo
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Joel had him on kfgo today to help interview Fran Tarkenton, he wouldn't let Fran speak...frank freaking Tarkenton

It was annoying as hell, he may be Bison etc but that does not automatically mean I have to enjoy him. He sucks on radio shows imo

And Fran usually can interview himself!