Page 109 of 155 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Cool Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I listen to 1660 most every day. The breadth of guests from around the nation always amazes me. It is amazing to see how the station has helped grow NDSU’s brand.

Understanding the shows are all about sports, My one change would be…… I would love to see a few snippets of other NDSU ongoings (non-sports related) sprinkled in. Even if it was the academic side of the athletes that would be cool. NDSU has so many good things going on a shout out by the sports people for non-sport related achievements would be cool. Put fulltime fish on it!!!

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by KeithBrake View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to pop by and say thanks to all of you who listen! Since many of you posting here likely fall into our core audience, I hope you're enjoying the content we've been able to provide. Getting all sports - not just football, but as much of NDSU's bevvy of sports offerings as we can - onto the airwaves is something Jeff and I have worked hard to do and take great pride in. We hope you'll be listening throughout the summer and into next fall as we gear up for another run through football season and year two of Bison 1660!

Horns Up!
    You guys do a great job and I listen pretty regularly. I like how the Brakedown is a little less serious than The Insiders and has some more fun with odd random culture stuff like movies and music.

I think it would be interesting to even open it up to some more local non sports talk when it's slow, especially in June and July.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I listen to 1660 most every day. The breadth of guests from around the nation always amazes me. It is amazing to see how the station has helped grow NDSU’s brand.

Understanding the shows are all about sports, My one change would be…… I would love to see a few snippets of other NDSU ongoings (non-sports related) sprinkled in. Even if it was the academic side of the athletes that would be cool. NDSU has so many good things going on a shout out by the sports people for non-sport related achievements would be cool. Put fulltime fish on it!!!
    I know it's a sports talk station but I was thinking the same thing. They could even draw in some ag folks by giving some of the market info and maybe have a segment or 2 a week with some of the NDSU ag extension folks. That stuff is big in our area and NDSU's expertise. Just don't make it another PROSEED commercial fest!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithBrake View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to pop by and say thanks to all of you who listen! Since many of you posting here likely fall into our core audience, I hope you're enjoying the content we've been able to provide. Getting all sports - not just football, but as much of NDSU's bevvy of sports offerings as we can - onto the airwaves is something Jeff and I have worked hard to do and take great pride in. We hope you'll be listening throughout the summer and into next fall as we gear up for another run through football season and year two of Bison 1660!

Horns Up!
    You guys are doing a great job. It's nice to hear some of the other sports getting some air time. FB and BB will always get the lions share but the other athletes and coaches deserve some love as well. Really like the baseball and softball games you guys have put on. Appreciate all the hard work time and effort keep it up!

Love the station. Usually listen on SoundCloud when driving or in the garage when doing projects. Makes my car trips go quicker and my garage projects take longer but at least I do them. Thanks for that!

Your interviews with the players from all sports makes me realize how prevalent Bison Pride is with all the sports and how team focused they are. Love how you guys have the scoop on all Bison information. Makes other news sources irrelevant for me. As you probably noticed last summer, change can be hard for ND and NDSU but you guys are class acts and have completely exceeded my expectations. As others have suggested, including some publicity of the other non sports happenings might bring in a larger audience and publicity. Co-oping with NDSU marketing/alumni assoc/Twitter/Facebook might be beneficial for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Love the station. Usually listen on SoundCloud when driving or in the garage when doing projects. Makes my car trips go quicker and my garage projects take longer but at least I do them. Thanks for that!

Your interviews with the players from all sports makes me realize how prevalent Bison Pride is with all the sports and how team focused they are. Love how you guys have the scoop on all Bison information. Makes other news sources irrelevant for me. As you probably noticed last summer, change can be hard for ND and NDSU but you guys are class acts and have completely exceeded my expectations. As others have suggested, including some publicity of the other non sports happenings might bring in a larger audience and publicity. Co-oping with NDSU marketing/alumni assoc/Twitter/Facebook might be beneficial for both.
    The only quibble I have here is just to remember that the only "scoop" you're ever going to get from them is a scoop NDSU wants you to get, which isn't really a scoop at all.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The only quibble I have here is just to remember that the only "scoop" you're ever going to get from them is a scoop NDSU wants you to get, which isn't really a scoop at all.
    I agree with Audit. While I LOVE everything they are doing, and the great shows, it is a little like listening to state media in North Korea. I am okay with that, but still an important role to be played by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I know it's a sports talk station but I was thinking the same thing. They could even draw in some ag folks by giving some of the market info and maybe have a segment or 2 a week with some of the NDSU ag extension folks. That stuff is big in our area and NDSU's expertise. Just don't make it another PROSEED commercial fest!
    I would rather listen to Fran Drescher for eight hours than have to listen to Ag talk

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think the insiders is a bit more controlled info but the Brakedown seems to be different. Love Keith's rants on the Valley thinking like a bus league and speculation on realignment. Great rants on selection committees being an utter joke. Actually Keith goes on some pretty awesome rants pretty regularly and doesn't seem to care about the company line as much which is cool

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I agree with Audit. While I LOVE everything they are doing, and the great shows, it is a little like listening to state media in North Korea. I am okay with that, but still an important role to be played by others.
    I agree completely. It sure beats having to listen to 970 or 790. I do wish they asked more hard questions...but that may make getting interviews a lot harder!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]