Page 105 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

They need a morning show, I don't think they need local/regional content all day but morning, noon and late afternoon are where you really need it.

I don't know why NDSU doesn't promote this better. Their social media networks have some reach, the coordination should be much better between the two.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They need a morning show, I don't think they need local/regional content all day but morning, noon and late afternoon are where you really need it.

I don't know why NDSU doesn't promote this better. Their social media networks have some reach, the coordination should be much better between the two.

Not sure where another show could fit.

Dan Patrick is OK but you can hear him anywhere and I doubt he will drive ratings. The Herd is ok but nothing special. Having both of them sucks and one has to go. Morning shows have more listeners but have competition

Then you got the evening which is filled with the Football or Basketball coaches shows from 6-7 for probably half the year. Baseball will fill up that spot through April and May. Then you got mens and womens basketball and the occasional volleyball game. So basically from August-May you always have something on at night.

Since nights are always filled with Bison content, nobody really gets a chance to listen to the Jay Mohr spot so it's not like it has all these dedicated listeners. (actually I think he's gone now) but you couldn't get a steady following since the show wouldn't be on very often with all the other stuff going on.

Saturdays have nothing other than football or basketball games. And when NDSU goes to a mirrored schedule for hoops in a few years, 1660 will get stuck with the crappy womens baskeball (who nobody wants to listen to) and will be competing against the mens team.

A Saturday sports show would be tough because you have Kolpack and Izzo who is already competing with Steve Hallstroms show between 9-1. So it would have to be either after or before those shows.

Personally I would love to see a SUNDAY show. You got the coach klieman football show (audio version) which is actually nice to to listen to when I can't get to a TV. Anyone remember back in the day when Jim Adelson had his Sunday morning call in show. It was awesome. You could take calls about the game that was on Saturday, calls about the Vikings, fantasy football, local stuff, etc... it would be a total niche spot and the only one in town.

So my vote would be 1) Sunday morning 2) Replace the HERD from 1-4 3) morning show (is #3 because of too much competition)

But I would be happy to see anything. You know they don't have a budget to go out and fill huge time slots for morning shows so I would be happy just having an hour once a week since it compliments the coach k football show and probably wouldn't require some huge investment of talent.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

They could just have an hour long morning show from 7-8 am, longer would be better but they need something in that spot. Give people some Bison coverage when they are driving to work.

A Sunday show would be alright as well since like you said the other stations seem to go with Saturday shows.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

They could just have an hour long morning show from 7-8 am, longer would be better but they need something in that spot. Give people some Bison coverage when they are driving to work.

A Sunday show would be alright as well since like you said the other stations seem to go with Saturday shows.
    An hour morning show would be awesome. Would probably need to incorporate a little news or entertainment into it for some variety

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

A sunday show would be awesome. From the perspective of those of us who drive out of town on a sunday...the church radio...well lets just say I think that market is well served. Another option would be nice. Or at least get the previous nights post game show podcast up for download by sunday morning.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    With the limited signal it's tough to get it outside the area. The mobile app is great but that is going to only draw the hardcore Bison fans. The web feed is good but once again, only hardcore fans will find that. Too bad they can't get the Insiders on other Bison affiliates.

I think when it's all said and done, the Insiders and Brakedown will have very good ratings. Whether or not thats enough content to give the station enough ratings... not sure if it will. I think buyers will advertise on those 2 shows. If we can add another local show any day of the week for an hour, it will do wonders.
    I drove back from Bismarck today and picked 1660 up loud and clear at Sterling, ND and listened to the station for the remaining 180 miles to Fargo. So there must be some good signal strength during the mid-day hours.

With the limited signal it's tough to get it outside the area. The mobile app is great but that is going to only draw the hardcore Bison fans. The web feed is good but once again, only hardcore fans will find that. Too bad they can't get the Insiders on other Bison affiliates.

I think when it's all said and done, the Insiders and Brakedown will have very good ratings. Whether or not thats enough content to give the station enough ratings... not sure if it will. I think buyers will advertise on those 2 shows. If we can add another local show any day of the week for an hour, it will do wonders.
    That's my complaint about 1660 as well. The station has the signal strength of two tin cans connected with a piece of string. NDSU should have gone with a station that had greater coverage, or stayed with the old format. It's preposterous to believe that this will succeed when no one outside the metro can hear it.

I can't even listen to the Bison tailgate show any more on game days. I have to wait until 30 minutes before game time when KSJB starts carrying the pregame. I don't see this ever amounting to much.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    That's my complaint about 1660 as well. The station has the signal strength of two tin cans connected with a piece of string. NDSU should have gone with a station that had greater coverage, or stayed with the old format. It's preposterous to believe that this will succeed when no one outside the metro can hear it.

I can't even listen to the Bison tailgate show any more on game days. I have to wait until 30 minutes before game time when KSJB starts carrying the pregame. I don't see this ever amounting to much.
    What city are you in? Can't you get 107.9 The Fox? I think it airs on both stations

What city are you in? Can't you get 107.9 The Fox? I think it airs on both stations
    I drive over to the range a fair bit. I usually lose 1660 near Walker, but I’m a diehard and will tolerate a crappy signal. A stronger signal would be huge, IMHO. I wonder if they just assume most people stream.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I drive over to the range a fair bit. I usually lose 1660 near Walker, but I’m a diehard and will tolerate a crappy signal. A stronger signal would be huge, IMHO. I wonder if they just assume most people stream.
    In an article in the Forum they said their online numbers are "Off The charts. " Maybe some day when the show takes off they could find other stations to syndicate the insiders?