Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...
    Well, I do know that if I need seed, I think pro seed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, I do know that if I need seed, I think pro seed.
    That is true...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...
    Piggy back it with a Team Maker ad, since nobody has heard of that either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It's growing. Keith Brake said on The Brakedown today it was the highest rated station in all demographics on Saturdays. Obviously that's from Bison Football, the pre game, the pre-pre game (Tailgate Show) and Bison Feedback.

Doing it in the fall is one thing but doing it in the spring is a totally different animal.

No football. No basketball. No coaches shows.

In the spring, your biggest draw is spring football and the spring game. Baseball and softball is cool but it's not going to drive ratings.

You got the NFL Draft (DeLuca), NFL combine, the NBA Playoffs with the Twolves, and the start of the Twins season. Maybe the Force will make the Playoffs which could be a good opportunity.

To get numbers in the spring it's going to take some impressive work by Jeff, Jeremy, Keith, and the crew.

As far as spreading the word and partnering, they need some more original content so there is less Fox Sports radio syndicated crap. I would look to Bison Illustrated and The Bison Report for cross marketing.

Some of the most popular podcasts in town would be Ross and Ryan Burns of The Bison Report. Give them an hour once per month or play their podcast before they release it online. The 2nd most popular podcast is The Bison Illustrated Podcast. It's awesome and Bison fans would love to hear a live show once per month. Heck work with them and see if they could air the Podcast on the station live before they post it on Soundcloud. That's way better than crappy Fox Sports radio.

And my biggest pet peeve is not having a high school scoreboard. Even if it's pre recorded. Believe me that would be very popular

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's growing. Keith Brake said on The Brakedown today it was the highest rated station in all demographics on Saturdays. Obviously that's from Bison Football, the pre game, the pre-pre game (Tailgate Show) and Bison Feedback.

Doing it in the fall is one thing but doing it in the spring is a totally different animal.

No football. No basketball. No coaches shows.

In the spring, your biggest draw is spring football and the spring game. Baseball and softball is cool but it's not going to drive ratings.

You got the NFL Draft (DeLuca), NFL combine, the NBA Playoffs with the Twolves, and the start of the Twins season. Maybe the Force will make the Playoffs which could be a good opportunity.

To get numbers in the spring it's going to take some impressive work by Jeff, Jeremy, Keith, and the crew.

As far as spreading the word and partnering, they need some more original content so there is less Fox Sports radio syndicated crap. I would look to Bison Illustrated and The Bison Report for cross marketing.

Some of the most popular podcasts in town would be Ross and Ryan Burns of The Bison Report. Give them an hour once per month or play their podcast before they release it online. The 2nd most popular podcast is The Bison Illustrated Podcast. It's awesome and Bison fans would love to hear a live show once per month. Heck work with them and see if they could air the Podcast on the station live before they post it on Soundcloud. That's way better than crappy Fox Sports radio.

And my biggest pet peeve is not having a high school scoreboard. Even if it's pre recorded. Believe me that would be very popular
    Tried that once and all I got was a bunch of drinking stories from Frisco. Ross and Ryan are way better.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Tried that once and all I got was a bunch of drinking stories from Frisco. Ross and Ryan are way better.
    And a reminder every 6.5 minutes of who you’re listening to, which podcast, and where they are sitting for some reason.
    Hail Hydra.

This home/road scheduling format is horrible and not only hurts travel attendance and fan engagement (you have to choose between men's and women's since they are on at the same time), it has to suck for listenership when 1660 gets the garbage women's game. Why can't they just do double headers? Could have pretty much a full day of basketball for fans and media. Would be a huge boost for attendance for teams that actually have decent women's programs like USD, SDSU, and even UND

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisManBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is it just me or are others having problems with the mobile ap on their IPhones? Have had issues with the mobile app for the last couple of weeks playing live programming. Pissin me off having to listen to other crap driving around during lunch hour. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. That's the extent of my IT bag of tricks. Anyone else having or had this problem with any suggestions?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Is it just me or are others having problems with the mobile ap on their IPhones? Have had issues with the mobile app for the last couple of weeks playing live programming. Pissin me off having to listen to other crap driving around during lunch hour. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. That's the extent of my IT bag of tricks. Anyone else having or had this problem with any suggestions?
    i have found the best app for listening to online radio from anywhere in the world is to download the TuneIn radio app, the streams are all great, KFGO, WDAY, 1660 all stream better thru Tunein than their respective apps for some reason

Plus many smart TV's have this app preloaded so you can listen at home also. Love that app

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    i have found the best app for listening to online radio from anywhere in the world is to download the TuneIn radio app, the streams are all great, KFGO, WDAY, 1660 all stream better thru Tunein than their respective apps for some reason

Plus many smart TV's have this app preloaded so you can listen at home also. Love that app
    and you can pause the audio. 100% agree Tune in is much better than the native app for live broadcast, then use a good podcasting app for the rest. (I usually post the rss feed.) No reason to even use the app.