Page 119 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I listen to tons of local radio. the WDAY, KFGO and 1660 stand alone apps seem to have connection issues, now with Tunein Radio app its clear as a bell and steady streaming. Guessing tunein has better quality software etc..

so yes, listen thru Tune In and you'll be fine, and also its nice to pause the content and re start, when you get calls, or leave the vehicle then you can jump commercials also!
    just did this and you are correct....no drops at all

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I listen to tons of local radio. the WDAY, KFGO and 1660 stand alone apps seem to have connection issues, now with Tunein Radio app its clear as a bell and steady streaming. Guessing tunein has better quality software etc..

so yes, listen thru Tune In and you'll be fine, and also its nice to pause the content and re start, when you get calls, or leave the vehicle then you can jump commercials also!
    I do this during the games and listed to the 1660 broadcast and mute ESPN3. The pause feature lets me sync up the audio which is usually a few minutes ahead of the stream.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the station name should be changed to Terriers 1660 after what I have heard this past week

I like the insiders and listen most every day during FB season, but the boot licking of Wofford has been ridiculous.

We get it, they are a good team that poses a good challenge. It’s like they are setting up excuses if we do lose. Yeah, it’s probably going to be a 2nd half game, but they are making it sound like we should forfeit because they have their best defensive line in 25-30 years.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I think the station name should be changed to Terriers 1660 after what I have heard this past week

I like the insiders and listen most every day during FB season, but the boot licking of Wofford has been ridiculous.

We get it, they are a good team that poses a good challenge. It’s like they are setting up excuses if we do lose. Yeah, it’s probably going to be a 2nd half game, but they are making it sound like we should forfeit because they have their best defensive line in 25-30 years.
    Izzo and Kolpack did that too during their preview. Sandbagging.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Generate interest to sell tickets, make it sound like it will be an actual game, people want something other than blowouts, yes I'm serious
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I believe Wofford will be a pretty good challenge, but not as much as the 2012 Georgia Southern team that had some studs (McKinnon and Swope) on their roster.

Here are the stats from the 2012 Georgia Southern team: http://gseagles.com/cumestats.aspx?p...ball&year=2012

Here are the stats from the 2017 Wofford team: http://woffordterriers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football

Offensively, the 2012 Georgia Southern team is on a different level than the 2017 Wofford team (467.2 yards/game to 361.8 yards/game and 34.5 points/game to 27 points/game). Defensively, the 2017 Wofford team is slightly better than the 2012 Georgia Southern team (315.3 yards/game to 344.4 yards/game and 20.75 points/game to 22 points/game).

Wofford stats don't even match up to the last option team to play in the FargoDome - Charleston Southern from last year: http://www.csusports.com/sports/fbal...o?view=profile

Granted CSU is a different type of option team, but they averaged 409.5 yards/game and 33 points/game while yielding 294.1 yards/game and 22.2 points/game. Those stats include games against NDSU and Florida State and the FSU game had a lot of starters missing due to some weird purchases at the bookstore.

The local media might be shading NDSU this week, but we fans will have the backs of the Mighty Bison!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Looks like the local media was pretty high on Wofford back in 2012 too.

Hail the BISON!!!

These guys kick ass. That is all. We are supremely fortunate to have our own station. Love listening to Ross Uglem's analysis

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Getting tired of hearing Mcfeeley and Dom complain about the contract, Dom had to bring it up again today on mikes show about not being able to live cast onsite....talk to your employer

Love all the coverage but STFU about 1660, Mike takes jabs all the time

Bison 1660 has completely surpassed any other coverage of NDSU. Jeremy Jorgenson is the foremost expert on NDSU and in my opinion maybe even all of FCS. He has talent.

Culhane is very likable. Has lots of connections in the media and has a great sense of humor.

Brake is extremely sharp and has a very broad sports background. Love that he is originally from elsewhere as gives a fresh perspective.