Page 127 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Considering the size of the listening area those numbers are't too surprising. 740 has about 3 times the coverage area that 1660.

Wonder if those numbers include listening thru other means like the app or the tune in radio app or online?

I'd bet money more people stream The Insiders than listen on the radio. The appeal goes WAY beyond Fargo and anything Michaels does. I hope they can capture that data and monetize it. It is basically a time dated podcast that also is on the radio.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    Or that the content broadcasts on Am and FM?
    I believe 740 simulcasts also via the FM dial, I could be wrong because I haven't listened to that station for 3 years. Can't stand Paul Allen or JM, I will also admit outside of FB season I don't listen to 1660 either so there's that

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I believe 740 simulcasts also via the FM dial, I could be wrong because I haven't listened to that station for 3 years. Can't stand Paul Allen or JM, I will also admit outside of FB season I don't listen to 1660 either so there's that
    Yes they do 107.3 FM.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find it interesting that McFeely has now done two opinion pieces specifically on local radio ratings that are based on listenership numbers from a company (Nielsen) that his very own employer, Forum Communications, doesn't even subscribe to anymore because FCC is no longer convinced of their accuracy?

Here, from the original ratings article (not McFeely's opinion pieces):

"Some broadcast companies are no longer using the service because of that decline in accuracy. WDAY 970 AM, which is owned by Forum Communications Co. that also owns The Forum, no longer subscribes to Nielsen ratings, for example. Stations that don't subscribe aren't included in topline radio ratings, which are the only publicly released ratings by Nielsen each period."

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that McFeely has now done two opinion pieces specifically on local radio ratings that are based on listenership numbers from a company (Nielsen) that his very own employer, Forum Communications, doesn't even subscribe to anymore because FCC is no longer convinced of their accuracy?

Here, from the original ratings article (not McFeely's opinion pieces):

"Some broadcast companies are no longer using the service because of that decline in accuracy. WDAY 970 AM, which is owned by Forum Communications Co. that also owns The Forum, no longer subscribes to Nielsen ratings, for example. Stations that don't subscribe aren't included in topline radio ratings, which are the only publicly released ratings by Nielsen each period."
    not surprised at all, he is still bitter about the bids last time for NDSU, also 98% of the people reading his stuff don't know what you just posted so they don't get the full story

Radio ratings are very much like Political polls...

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    there is absolutely no way Kermit the Frog (JM) gets 2500 listeners over noon hour, none zero. I'm sorry but he is not a good radio show guy IMO, his rambling about non issue items and puns are just terrible. Now I also am not saying that The insiders is beating them as a channel that is lead by Homers is only going to draw homers, I really think 1660 needs a show that covers more than Just solid NDSU but that would not fit the stations I know. If they are happy with their current numbers leave it, if not make an adjustment.
    If PA's numbers are as good as the Mcfeely says, it makes perfect sense the JM has a large number to at least to start his show. People will leave the station where it was and listen to what is going to come next. They may or may not stay with the Fan.

As for 1660's national shows. Unless you have the numbers and revenue, live local radio is expensive. That is why WDAY did away with Rob Port and the Mcfeely show. Its not just the on air talent, but the producer and whoever else is in the studio that day that you are paying. So its easier and more profitable to just split ad revenue with the syndicated shows. As for national shows, Clay Travis and Dan Patrick are very good. Much better radio that the Power Trip and PA. Common has never been listenable and Barriro is the KFAN rock star. Has been for 20 plus years.

Nielson and its ratings are dying quick. these diaries only cater to 50+ people.

Hell, you can buy Nielson right now, they are trying to sell as ComScore has crushed them with actual data.

no way Jack Micheal's has 2500. (which is insanely low, even gaptooth only gets what, 5500?) haha

bison 1660 is podcast and listened live way way more often. plus, lets face it, most of us are having lunch at these times.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm not sure what their ratings are or how many people are listening at any given time, but Bison 1660 makes a huge impact to the bottom line of the NDSU Athletic Dept budget.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    If PA's numbers are as good as the Mcfeely says, it makes perfect sense the JM has a large number to at least to start his show. People will leave the station where it was and listen to what is going to come next. They may or may not stay with the Fan.

As for 1660's national shows. Unless you have the numbers and revenue, live local radio is expensive. That is why WDAY did away with Rob Port and the Mcfeely show. Its not just the on air talent, but the producer and whoever else is in the studio that day that you are paying. So its easier and more profitable to just split ad revenue with the syndicated shows. As for national shows, Clay Travis and Dan Patrick are very good. Much better radio that the Power Trip and PA. Common has never been listenable and Barriro is the KFAN rock star. Has been for 20 plus years.
    I dont think Mcfeeley was kicked out, he had a good base and his slot is still all local people to fill and it runs from 7-11 with Mike Cappel

Now Port, that was a shitshow