Page 104 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    This is what NDSU wanted though and was a big reason why the move was made in the first place. They wanted a station where only praise would be given, why else would you have NDSU employees hosting the local shows? That and the fact that Jim Ingstad threw a ton of money at NDSU which truly is what was the most important thing. The fact that 1660 pretty much getting zero ratings will effect nothing as far as the station goes for the time being, Jim has invested too much $$$ and time to make any drastic changes at this point. NDSU didn't like it when anyone spoke negatively of them at KFGO or 740 and I often had to deal with the wrath when Joel, Mike, Hammer, and Tank spoke their mind.
    First of all Tank is about as anti-NDSU as it comes. Hammer is gone and the rest are now kissing UND's ass and never nothing about the deficits and sports cutting. Way different than when it was NDSU.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    First of all Tank is about as anti-NDSU as it comes. Hammer is gone and the rest are now kissing UND's ass and never nothing about the deficits and sports cutting. Way different than when it was NDSU.
    If I'm not mistaken, Tank is now working for Drago over at the Spotlight Media/Bison Illustrated group.

Life always seems to present a host of surprising and interesting ironies.............doesn't it.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If 1660 doesn't have the ratings and viewers, then the advertisers will see that and think "hmmm, no one is listening to this station, should we advertize here? No,".

Is my logic sound in this analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    If 1660 doesn't have the ratings and viewers, then the advertisers will see that and think "hmmm, no one is listening to this station, should we advertize here? No,".

Is my logic sound in this analysis?
    Exactly. This is Why NDSU athletics should be pumping the hell out of it.

Here's a good example. They had a great show today and even had an ESPNs Tim Welsh live on the air but since NDSU Athletics didn't tweet, retweet, or say anything from #Bison1660 or Culhane... Hardy any of their 60k followers on Twitter or 100 facebook followers even knew it aired. Huge missed opportunity and epic failure by Ndsu athletics. Fine work. Even more ridiculous since Jeremy Jorgenson is on the air

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jorgensen, Culhane and Brake are way more talented and knowledgeable than I understood before 1660. These guys know sports and the Bison. I am amazed at Jorgensen's knowledge and how it relates to NDSU. The Forum has nothing on 1660. I get zero information from the Forum.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Jorgensen, Culhane and Brake are way more talented and knowledgeable than I understood before 1660. These guys know sports and the Bison. I am amazed at Jorgensen's knowledge and how it relates to NDSU. The Forum has nothing on 1660. I get zero information from the Forum.
    They are talented but the station with the way it is now is only going to attract local Bison fans. No one outside the fanbase will bother listening in. I also don't know what the range is but on my last drive to the cities I lost reception early and changed to PA. It will take time but the constant praise of everything NDSU isn't necessarily how you attract a listener. The top talk radio stations toe the line and get people to call in daily.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What was the media contact versus the new deal? Person's mention NDSU gets 30% of 1660 revenue, but is that substantially different from old contract? Or was it all "in kind" with KFGO and little cash?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What was the media contact versus the new deal? Person's mention NDSU gets 30% of 1660 revenue, but is that substantially different from old contract? Or was it all "in kind" with KFGO and little cash?
    KFGO charged NDSU on air rates and they sold advertising to cover the cost. I think Bison 1660 was just something different. Basically the Fox charged a lower rate and gave them Bison 1660. Although they won't admit it, I think it was because it was struggling. It's a good deal for NDSU since the station had ratings of 0 so it gives the station some legitimate content and awards NDSU with more money if it happens to do well. The good news is the first ratings period, which started only a few weeks after the station launched, saw an uptick. I havent seen the numbers but I would be pretty confident that most of the ratings were for The Insiders, Brakedown, or the games. No way it's happening for the syndicated crap.

This article explains it pretty well

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...391338082.html

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    They are talented but the station with the way it is now is only going to attract local Bison fans. No one outside the fanbase will bother listening in. I also don't know what the range is but on my last drive to the cities I lost reception early and changed to PA. It will take time but the constant praise of everything NDSU isn't necessarily how you attract a listener. The top talk radio stations toe the line and get people to call in daily.
    With the limited signal it's tough to get it outside the area. The mobile app is great but that is going to only draw the hardcore Bison fans. The web feed is good but once again, only hardcore fans will find that. Too bad they can't get the Insiders on other Bison affiliates.

I think when it's all said and done, the Insiders and Brakedown will have very good ratings. Whether or not thats enough content to give the station enough ratings... not sure if it will. I think buyers will advertise on those 2 shows. If we can add another local show any day of the week for an hour, it will do wonders.

I don't think the station is ever going to get really good ratings with only having 2 local shows and the rest national content. I think the content locally is vastly improved from where it's been in the past, but they have to promote it better. Somehow they have to dump the HERD and the other national Fox content and pick up some sort of regional content during the week.