Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The NCAA covers the travel expenses for the visiting team and I don't think they factor in any money from the TV contract in the books for these games since the FCS playoffs is one of 20+ championships included in that media deal (which does bring in $30M+ annually). I do think the host schools pay for the officiating crew and the NCAA reps travel expenses but that comes out revenue before the NCAA takes their 75% cut. It would be interesting to see what NDSU's expenses to host a playoff game are. I've heard that schools like NDSU who don't own their venue have significantly higher hosting expenses than those that do.
    Either way the city of Fargo wins because it helps gives the dome a surplus and they are able to pay for the awesome upgrades, like new turf, an NFL quality video board system, new sound system, paved parking lot (remember the mud lot?), new TVs in the concourse , HD lighting, metal detectors, etc

Last I checked the dome surplus fund was almost 50 million. It's so big now, it's almost like an endowment, which is why I think they are reluctant to do the addition

The playoffs have quietly been a cash boom for everyone. Since 2010, we have hosted 31 home Playoff games. 32 if we win Saturday and most of then have been near sellouts

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Either way the city of Fargo wins because it helps gives the dome a surplus and they are able to pay for the awesome upgrades, like new turf, an NFL quality video board system, new sound system, paved parking lot (remember the mud lot?), new TVs in the concourse , HD lighting, metal detectors, etc

Last I checked the dome surplus fund was almost 50 million. It's so big now, it's almost like an endowment, which is why I think they are reluctant to do the addition

The playoffs have quietly been a cash boom for everyone. Since 2010, we have hosted 31 home Playoff games. 32 if we win Saturday and most of then have been near sellouts
    Agreed, I'm not sure why some schools claim they lose money in the playoffs. I believe JMU's AD recently said they lost $600k during a deep playoff run and I've heard HBCU schools/fans claim they lose money in the playoffs. Unless you're overbidding as the home team (which is really dumb if you're tracking towards a seed) or doing a bunch of stuff as the visiting team that the NCAA doesn't cover (like flying your band around) there's no reason why you shouldn't be making at least some money.

Agreed, I'm not sure why some schools claim they lose money in the playoffs. I believe JMU's AD recently said they lost $600k during a deep playoff run and I've heard HBCU schools/fans claim they lose money in the playoffs. Unless you're overbidding as the home team (which is really dumb if you're tracking towards a seed) or doing a bunch of stuff as the visiting team that the NCAA doesn't cover (like flying your band around) there's no reason why you shouldn't be making at least some money.
    HBCUs would lose money just because they get more money for doing their own postseason... so maybe it's "make less money."

Seems like if only a few thousand people show up that not covering your operating costs is very possible.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I don't buy that either. The only time you can bid is for a 1st round game, so unless they were un seeded and put on a huge bid and had nobody showed up Thanksgiving weekend...kind of tough to lose money when the NCAA covers the cost and you don't have to travel and shares revenue. What are they including coaching bonuses into that figure? 600 grand worth of meals?

Sounds like JMU politicking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't buy that either. The only time you can bid is for a 1st round game, so unless they were un seeded and put on a huge bid and had nobody showed up Thanksgiving weekend...kind of tough to lose money when the NCAA covers the cost and you don't have to travel and shares revenue. What are they including coaching bonuses into that figure? 600 grand worth of meals?

Sounds like JMU politicking
    Actually, you bid for more than the first round. This is from the NCAA site where it lists the procedure and forms

_____ Proposed Budget(s). An online proposed budget must be completed for each round of competition you wish to host. For those institutions submitting bids for multiple rounds, a ‘copy’ function is available via the Budget System tab and will allow you to copy the budget for another round. The appropriate round and date of competition must be indicated on each budget. Please be sure to include projected ticket sales in the Receipts section.

https://www.ncaa.org/championships/division-i-football
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I love the reaction and emotion of Culhane's call of The Pick of Destiny: https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/stat...89794042564614

The best is with how he shifts around during the pre-snap he looks like he's gotta pee or something. Scotty was and is still a legend but Culhane is damn good.

On a related note Phil is still a tank!

I love the reaction and emotion of Culhane's call of The Pick of Destiny: https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/stat...89794042564614

The best is with how he shifts around during the pre-snap he looks like he's gotta pee or something. Scotty was and is still a legend but Culhane is damn good.

Still an absolute unit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just can't stand that "trot in there baby thing"...drives me nuts
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I just can't stand that "trot in there baby thing"...drives me nuts
    I like Culhane overall...really glad we have him...but I agree...I could so do without that phrase.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]