Page 111 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

It has been so nice this year with 1660. Being able to listen to softball, baseball, basketball, volleyball and football. Not sure if they had any wrestling on or not. Just another way to get the NDSU Bison out in the public arena for people to take part in the student athlete games. Even though I did not listen to Keith yesterday since the game was on ESPN, it was nice listening to all the other games this year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It has been so nice this year with 1660. Being able to listen to softball, baseball, basketball, volleyball and football. Not sure if they had any wrestling on or not. Just another way to get the NDSU Bison out in the public arena for people to take part in the student athlete games. Even though I did not listen to Keith yesterday since the game was on ESPN, it was nice listening to all the other games this year.
    I totally love listening to baseball and softball. Keeps me entertained during the slow time of the year. Love the Insiders and the Brakedown. The station is amazing, especially during football and basketball season with the coaches shows. My only complain is they need some more original content outside of the 2 main shows. Anything... a half hour on Sunday, a fill in show weekdays between 6-7 or some other content. Doesn't even have to be all Bison talk, just local. Too much syndicated stuff. I'm hopeful in time when everyone knows about the station it could support some more talent. It doesn't even have to be local, just relavant to an fcs school. I wish I had a reason to keep it on all day but the syndicated stuff just doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-22-2017 at 08:32 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I totally love listening to baseball and softball. Keeps me entertained during the slow time of the year. Love the Insiders and the Brakedown. The station is amazing, especially during football and basketball season with the coaches shows. My only complain is they need some more original content outside of the 2 main shows. Anything... a half hour on Sunday, a fill in show weekdays between 6-7 or some other content. Doesn't even have to be all Bison talk, just local. Too much syndicated stuff. I'm hopeful in time when everyone knows about the station it could support some more talent. It doesn't even have to be local, just relavant to an fcs school. I wish I had a reason to keep it on all day but the syndicated stuff just doesn't do it for me.
    Someone mentioned it before that maybe a Bisonville call in show or some sort. (just a light shade of purple)
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone mentioned it before that maybe a Bisonville call in show or some sort. (just a light shade of purple)

"Today on 'Bisonville- Naked and Afraid', we'll talk with Richard Dippin, founder and CEO of the Dipp'n Dot Corporation. We will get his thoughts on increasing the size of the spoon included with his products. Be sure to stay tuned as we have our 237th day of "Move up to FBS" debate. Also, we will get a rundown of the arrests made in Grand Forks, as hockey season finally winds down. All this and more after a word from our sponsors."

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    "Today on 'Bisonville- Naked and Afraid', we'll talk with Richard Dippin, founder and CEO of the Dipp'n Dot Corporation. We will get his thoughts on increasing the size of the spoon included with his products. Be sure to stay tuned as we have our 237th day of "Move up to FBS" debate. Also, we will get a rundown of the arrests made in Grand Forks, as hockey season finally winds down. All this and more after a word from our sponsors."
    That is a good first day and promo ad for the show. You are hired. Need a better Host name than Green1.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That is a good first day and promo ad for the show. You are hired. Need a better Host name than Green1.

I've always thought my stage name would be "Horace Manpipe".

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I've always thought my stage name would be "Horace Manpipe".
    TMI!!!!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KeithBrake View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to pop by and say thanks to all of you who listen! Since many of you posting here likely fall into our core audience, I hope you're enjoying the content we've been able to provide. Getting all sports - not just football, but as much of NDSU's bevvy of sports offerings as we can - onto the airwaves is something Jeff and I have worked hard to do and take great pride in. We hope you'll be listening throughout the summer and into next fall as we gear up for another run through football season and year two of Bison 1660!

Horns Up!
    Keith - As an alum living in Austin, TX, I absolutely love the programming. I suggest working with the Alumni Association to further promote awareness and education of this as an asset for alums both inside and outside of the immediate local and state-wide markets.

Keep Doing
    1. Interviews with current and former student athletes.
    2. Hearing from coaches
    3. Other school coaches, play by play and media
    4. Regional and national media

Start Doing or Accelerate
    1. Doubledown on student athletes interviews.
    2. Great to hear Teammaker progress and needs in the programs
    3. Even more FB recruiting - not just NDSU but across B10, B12, MVFC and top FCS programs

Yeah, I'd echo a lot of what OtterTailLakeBison just posted... really love the programming.

BTW, getting a sense of deja vu right now... I swear I've heard the interview that's currently airing arouind two weeks ago (it's an interview with an Oakland U. guy talking about Valpo's invite to the MVC.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I'd echo a lot of what OtterTailLakeBison just posted... really love the programming.

BTW, getting a sense of deja vu right now... I swear I've heard the interview that's currently airing arouind two weeks ago (it's an interview with an Oakland U. guy talking about Valpo's invite to the MVC.)
    That's because they had a "Best of the Brakedown" show today. I think Keith is headed to Tulsa for the BB tourney.