Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    At least sometimes the national broadcast is interesting and most of the time it's about sports. I don't know how long they went on and on about escalators in the Fargo area yesterday. The day before it was about prom dresses. I've thought both the 11 and 4 shows have gotten off to good starts, but they better fix this soon before they don't have anyone left to listen when football starts up again. Someone please explain how you can't at least get a few interviews a week pre-recorded from each of the active sports teams at NDSU but instead we get to listen for God knows how long about how they can only think of the escalators at the FargoDome and at JC Penny's.
    Pike and Alex are certainly not as sports minded as Keith Brake is. I like how they try to make it less serious but it's just a bunch of random stuff. The offseason is going to suck and they figure out a way to get some good content. When are the spring ratings? April-June? Nothing is going on except for Spring Football.

What bugs me is this... the Insiders is great for guests. Keith Brake is solid at times. But it's almost too pre planned out and lacks a local flavor sometimes. What both shows lack is that open discussion what Bison fans are talking about and getting them involved. What is Bisonville talking about during the off season? Everything from conference realignment, athletic budgets and cuts, moving up to FBS, ways to improve the stadiums, coaches that should or shouldn't be shit canned, facilities, Tim Polaseks shitty or great play calling, who, when, where and how are we recruiting, players to look out for next year, the 2 deep... top ten lists...they just never talk about that stuff. And they have to be able to find some more regular guests. Heck we just signed 30 recruits and only 3 of them have been on the how. Even pre recorded interviews with former players would be awesome. It's not like we don't have a collection of interesting people.

But... it's a lot easier when you have football season and basketball season going on at the same time... not to mention the NFL

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

i think they should play the soundtrack from the mainstreet electrical parade for six months solid:

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

In part the station is too tied into the school to talk about rumors, conference realignment, coaches who need to go etc. Having the connection directly to the school is going to limit what material will be discussed on the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what NDSU wanted though and was a big reason why the move was made in the first place. They wanted a station where only praise would be given, why else would you have NDSU employees hosting the local shows? That and the fact that Jim Ingstad threw a ton of money at NDSU which truly is what was the most important thing. The fact that 1660 pretty much getting zero ratings will effect nothing as far as the station goes for the time being, Jim has invested too much $$$ and time to make any drastic changes at this point. NDSU didn't like it when anyone spoke negatively of them at KFGO or 740 and I often had to deal with the wrath when Joel, Mike, Hammer, and Tank spoke their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    This is what NDSU wanted though and was a big reason why the move was made in the first place. They wanted a station where only praise would be given, why else would you have NDSU employees hosting the local shows? That and the fact that Jim Ingstad threw a ton of money at NDSU which truly is what was the most important thing. The fact that 1660 pretty much getting zero ratings will effect nothing as far as the station goes for the time being, Jim has invested too much $$$ and time to make any drastic changes at this point. NDSU didn't like it when anyone spoke negatively of them at KFGO or 740 and I often had to deal with the wrath when Joel, Mike, Hammer, and Tank spoke their mind.
    Good point but I think they actually have potential to get some solid ratings. The last ratings period started like a month after the station launched and the 4-6 show was only a few weeks before so the .5 isn't actually that terrible. (1660 didn't even show up on the prior 2 ratings period) The spring will be bad with nothing going on but next fall I would expect it to take off. Nobody knows it exists now. Side note 740 usually does well in the fall and they had the worst fall in years. Can't find data back in 2012.

Even though NDSU wants it like this, they could give the station a nice boost. Ndsu athletics does absolutely nothing to support the station. They don't utilize their social media, promote it on their website or pretty much anywhere. People don't even realize they air the football games because it's not listed anywhere including GoBison. Com

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They don't utilize their social media, promote it on their website or pretty much anywhere. People don't even realize they air the football games because it's not listed anywhere including GoBison. Com
    NDSU does a crap job all around of promotion heck I get more emails from SDSU and only buy tickets from them every other year. I guess the 3 robocalls I get a year from NDSU is considered "marketing".

Good point but I think they actually have potential to get some solid ratings. The last ratings period started like a month after the station launched and the 4-6 show was only a few weeks before so the .5 isn't actually that terrible. (1660 didn't even show up on the prior 2 ratings period) The spring will be bad with nothing going on but next fall I would expect it to take off. Nobody knows it exists now. Side note 740 usually does well in the fall and they had the worst fall in years. Can't find data back in 2012.

Even though NDSU wants it like this, they could give the station a nice boost. Ndsu athletics does absolutely nothing to support the station. They don't utilize their social media, promote it on their website or pretty much anywhere. People don't even realize they air the football games because it's not listed anywhere including GoBison. Com
    Will the Bison shows still run in the summer? I do agree maybe a little more promotion.

Not sure what people were expecting. They pretty much have to add in other stuff besides NDSU. Dont mind adding that stuff in and also the Minnesota pro talk.

.5 certaintly isn't going to get Jim and Nancy popping champagne if that's what you're saying along with their other stations where ratings dropped. Whether people like it or not, having the national radio shows which will always kill 1660 in the ratings. Nobody around here cares what about the Herd or their awful morning show they have, they need to get some type of regional programing ala KFAN. I again though don't think Jim cares that much about how well 1660 does in the ratings, he cares more about having all the games on his stations.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Will the Bison shows still run in the summer? I do agree maybe a little more promotion.

Not sure what people were expecting. They pretty much have to add in other stuff besides NDSU. Dont mind adding that stuff in and also the Minnesota pro talk.
    Yes I'm pretty sure it's running all summer. I would imagine there will be a lot of guest hosts

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    .5 certaintly isn't going to get Jim and Nancy popping champagne if that's what you're saying along with their other stations where ratings dropped. Whether people like it or not, having the national radio shows which will always kill 1660 in the ratings. Nobody around here cares what about the Herd or their awful morning show they have, they need to get some type of regional programing ala KFAN. I again though don't think Jim cares that much about how well 1660 does in the ratings, he cares more about having all the games on his stations.
    I wouldn't worry about 1 ratings book. I'm not an expert on ratings but it's the long term numbers that count. If they suck 2 ratings periods in a row, that's when they will get worried. Although Bison 1660 will certainly suck in the spring with no football, basketball, or Carson Wentz type hype.

Looking at long term ratings, nobody listened to the syndicated crap before station switched over. They might see a slight increase when Bison fans become aware of it but it's not the ticket to ratings.

If they want some ratings they need to kill it with the Insiders and The Brake down. Unfortunately NDSU Athletics apparently isn't interested in promoting the station.

They simply need more content. It's local yet here is no daily score board. I mean how can a local sports radio station not once give local/area high school scores? Obviously they aren't going to go out and pay a bunch of money for local shows but they need at least 1 hour per day of additional sports coverage. Doesn't matter if it's on a weekend, morning, or night. It doesn't even have to be all sports content. Just something local. Heck people would much rather listen to the Any Given Saturday (FCS Wedge) radio show Saturday morning during the football season. I would rather listen to the mix week fcs wedge podcast than JT The Brick

Yes I'm pretty sure it's running all summer. I would imagine there will be a lot of guest hosts

I wouldn't worry about 1 ratings book. I'm not an expert on ratings but it's the long term numbers that count. If they suck 2 ratings periods in a row, that's when they will get worried. Although Bison 1660 will certainly suck in the spring with no football, basketball, or Carson Wentz type hype.

Looking at long term ratings, nobody listened to the syndicated crap before station switched over. They might see a slight increase when Bison fans become aware of it but it's not the ticket to ratings.

If they want some ratings they need to kill it with the Insiders and The Brake down. Unfortunately NDSU Athletics apparently isn't interested in promoting the station.

They simply need more content. It's local yet here is no daily score board. I mean how can a local sports radio station not once give local/area high school scores? Obviously they aren't going to go out and pay a bunch of money for local shows but they need at least 1 hour per day of additional sports coverage. Doesn't matter if it's on a weekend, morning, or night. It doesn't even have to be all sports content. Just something local. Heck people would much rather listen to the Any Given Saturday (FCS Wedge) radio show Saturday morning during the football season. I would rather listen to the mix week fcs wedge podcast than JT The Brick
    And to add to this. Our athletic budget just took an 800k hit. 30% of all gross advertising revenue goes directly to our athletic department so NDSU is shooting themselves in the foot by not hyping the station. Low ratings = low advertising dollars. If someone spends a 2k advertising on the station, $600 goes directly to our sports teams. This is mind boggling how stupid we are. Whoever runs the Ndsu social media and marketing is failing our own athletic department. This is AFTER we decided to not enforce the contract.