Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This is the part that shows a lack of decency/business acumen from the radio guys. In a fairly direct way they are representing NDSU athletics. Would/do you do business with a company that 1) treats customer/potential customers that way 2) isn't smart enough to realize that when you have 40% of your stock sitting on shelves and no ones wants it you should probably listen to ALL possible reason why that might be.

Now it's not the radio guys' jobs to sell NDSU but if they had half a brain they would realize that however small it is they do have some influence over how people feel about a program that they supposedly care so much about.
    Oh, I’m pretty sure that is actually their job.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Oh, guess I don’t pay close attention to season ticket prices, as I thought the $45 I was paying for PO tickets was general regular season price. Going further then, perhaps NDSU could lower prices more for one regular season game to give them some room to move in the POs.

Just more CTE spitballing/drooling from the mouth here ...
    Like Lakes and players grandma's....
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm guessing NDSU doesn't care to nickel/dime much when it comes to ticket prices in the playoffs since the NCAA takes 75% of the net ticket revenue for playoff games as their cut. So NDSU only gets, at most, 25% of the extra money a ticket price increase would net. I'd assume they probably take a bit of a financial hit from single game ticket sales, like you alluded to, by reducing face value for one regular season game and that's probably about all they're willing to do. That's my guess at least. I don't think there's any rule stating they can charge a different amount for the playoffs than they do for any particular regular season game as long as it's not less than what they charged for the cheapest regular season game.
    By this math, it might make sense to lower the price for the early playoff games that are less attended. As far as a semi final, that game is always nuts and sold out. I think by having more people, you will generate more parking, team makers raffle money, and the dome will earn more.

GROSS REVENUE (NCAA gets 75% / NDSU gets 25%)
    12,557 x $40 average = $502,280 gross x .25 = 125K (if prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $94K)
    15K x $40 average is 600 grand x .25 = 150 grand (if prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $112K)
    18K x $40 average is 720K x .25 = 180 grand (if the prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $135K)

That doesn't include the TM Raffle, tailgating parking, and other revenue.

The Fargodome certainly profits and probably gets rent from the NCAA. They make money off of parking and food sales. It's kept them in the black a few slow years.

On top of that, it's a free exposure game on regular ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN+. More game day recruiting visits. Another week of practice and player development.

And as a super bonus, it's a boom to local hotels and restaurants, which really took it in the ass during covid.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    By this math, it might make sense to lower the price for the early playoff games that are less attended. As far as a semi final, that game is always nuts and sold out. I think by having more people, you will generate more parking, team makers raffle money, and the dome will earn more.

GROSS REVENUE (NCAA gets 75% / NDSU gets 25%)
    12,557 x $40 average = $502,280 gross x .25 = 125K (if prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $94K)
    15K x $40 average is 600 grand x .25 = 150 grand (if prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $112K)
    18K x $40 average is 720K x .25 = 180 grand (if the prices were lowered to $30 average, the NDSU portion drops to $135K)

That doesn't include the TM Raffle, tailgating parking, and other revenue.

The Fargodome certainly profits and probably gets rent from the NCAA. They make money off of parking and food sales. It's kept them in the black a few slow years.

On top of that, it's a free exposure game on regular ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN+. More game day recruiting visits. Another week of practice and player development.

And as a super bonus, it's a boom to local hotels and restaurants, which really took it in the ass during covid.
    Lower ticket price. Increase service and application fees.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It’s it 75 percent of the net though, not the gross?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    During playoffs NCAA will not allow you to sell tickets below your lowest priced tickets during the regular season. No discounts come playoff time. Fun is not Free....
    Fact!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Fact!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get a math guy like BAudit to figure out the numbers. I’m feeling like we could fill the Dome if done and advertised/promoted correctly.

If the “show” isn’t worth the existing money, and you can’t change the show, change the money.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Oh, I’m pretty sure that is actually their job.
    Not these two chuckleheads. They are just doing the after game call in show. Even in NFL markets it's usually two almost interns that handle that crap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s it 75 percent of the net though, not the gross?
    So minus the charter flight, lodging, refs,, dome rent and dome labor. I think espn is part of the ncaa contract. Probably 10 grand lodging, 125k for a charter flight and who knows what the dome charges. Since the Bison pay 200k guarantees, let's just pull numbers out of the ass and assume expenses are about the same

Still even a crappy turnout like last week should earn 75k and 130-150k for a sellout

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So minus the charter flight, lodging, refs,, dome rent and dome labor. I think espn is part of the ncaa contract. Probably 10 grand lodging, 125k for a charter flight and who knows what the dome charges. Since the Bison pay 200k guarantees, let's just pull numbers out of the ass and assume expenses are about the same

Still even a crappy turnout like last week should earn 75k and 130-150k for a sellout
    The NCAA covers the travel expenses for the visiting team and I don't think they factor in any money from the TV contract in the books for these games since the FCS playoffs is one of 20+ championships included in that media deal (which does bring in $30M+ annually). I do think the host schools pay for the officiating crew and the NCAA reps travel expenses but that comes out revenue before the NCAA takes their 75% cut. It would be interesting to see what NDSU's expenses to host a playoff game are. I've heard that schools like NDSU who don't own their venue have significantly higher hosting expenses than those that do.