Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That right there is funny. Well played.
    Free jumbo dogs while we're at it. I'm in. Dome will be packed.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He says as he gets into every game for free. LOL
    Actually Chris Hanson has 4 family seats up near me since 2007 I'm pretty sure. so that can stop.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Well, going forward then, and as long as we are in FCS, we should do one game where ticket prices are lower across the board. That may result in more people attending that game and playoff games because of lower ticket prices. We would likely (maybe?) lose some dollars in reg season game, but may make that up in playoff games, assuming we could have a sliding scale ticket price for playoff games. Just a CTE thought.
    I'm about 99% sure they already do that. For instance this year face value for tickets to the Albany game were $10 cheaper across the board than any other game ( https://gobison.com/sports/2021/1/29...formation.aspx). I'd assume if they were going purely based on the caliber of the opponent the Valpo game would've been the cheapest but it was $10 more than the Albany game and only $5 cheaper than all of the conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Free jumbo dogs while we're at it. I'm in. Dome will be packed.
    They fix the darn pretzels I would be a fan forever
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    yeah. I don't know if there's a solution to this. It used to cost $30 to go to a huge concert and now it's over $100. However, it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone might not want to go based on the ticket price as well as the other stuff that comes along with it. The NCAA is screwed, I am in over $400 for my Frisco tickets, but dismissing peoples concerns and assuming they just HAVE to go to the games is pretty stupid.
    This is the part that shows a lack of decency/business acumen from the radio guys. In a fairly direct way they are representing NDSU athletics. Would/do you do business with a company that 1) treats customer/potential customers that way 2) isn't smart enough to realize that when you have 40% of your stock sitting on shelves and no ones wants it you should probably listen to ALL possible reason why that might be.

Now it's not the radio guys' jobs to sell NDSU but if they had half a brain they would realize that however small it is they do have some influence over how people feel about a program that they supposedly care so much about.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm about 99% sure they already do that. For instance this year face value for tickets to the Albany game were $10 cheaper across the board than any other game ( https://gobison.com/sports/2021/1/29...formation.aspx). I'd assume if they were going purely based on the caliber of the opponent the Valpo game would've been the cheapest but it was $10 more than the Albany game and only $5 cheaper than all of the conference games.
    So, does NDSU have the option to sell playoff tickets at Albany price? Could they do that for early PO games they believe might not draw full crowd because of opponent, like this last game and ETSU, and then increase for Semi game?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

So, does NDSU have the option to sell playoff tickets at Albany price? Could they do that for early PO games they believe might not draw full crowd because of opponent, like this last game and ETSU, and then increase for Semi game?
    That is what they're charging for playoff tickets ($45 for sideline and $35 for endzone plus applicable fees). IIRC they've done this for a while with one regular season game with cheaper face value tickets so they could charge that same lower price for potentially 3 playoff games. I believe that used to be $40 for sideline and $30 for endzone before this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This is the part that shows a lack of decency/business acumen from the radio guys. In a fairly direct way they are representing NDSU athletics. Would/do you do business with a company that 1) treats customer/potential customers that way 2) isn't smart enough to realize that when you have 40% of your stock sitting on shelves and no ones wants it you should probably listen to ALL possible reason why that might be.

Now it's not the radio guys' jobs to sell NDSU but if they had half a brain they would realize that however small it is they do have some influence over how people feel about a program that they supposedly care so much about.
    They shill pretty hard. That whole hotline show is either callers kissing their ass or them telling each other after a call that complains about something why they're wrong.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That is what they're charging for playoff tickets ($45 for sideline and $35 for endzone plus applicable fees). IIRC they've done this for a while with one regular season game with cheaper face value tickets so they could charge that same lower price for potentially 3 playoff games. I believe that used to be $40 for sideline and $30 for endzone before this year though.
    Oh, guess I don’t pay close attention to season ticket prices, as I thought the $45 I was paying for PO tickets was general regular season price. Going further then, perhaps NDSU could lower prices more for one regular season game to give them some room to move in the POs.

Just more CTE spitballing/drooling from the mouth here ...
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Oh, guess I don’t pay close attention to season ticket prices, as I thought the $45 I was paying for PO tickets was general regular season price. Going further then, perhaps NDSU could lower prices more for one regular season game to give them some room to move in the POs.

Just more CTE spitballing/drooling from the mouth here ...
    I'm guessing NDSU doesn't care to nickel/dime much when it comes to ticket prices in the playoffs since the NCAA takes 75% of the net ticket revenue for playoff games as their cut. So NDSU only gets, at most, 25% of the extra money a ticket price increase would net. I'd assume they probably take a bit of a financial hit from single game ticket sales, like you alluded to, by reducing face value for one regular season game and that's probably about all they're willing to do. That's my guess at least. I don't think there's any rule stating they can charge a different amount for the playoffs than they do for any particular regular season game as long as it's not less than what they charged for the cheapest regular season game.