Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Jeff C. (I think) almost made my wife expel soda through her nose when he described a Patriots vs Buccaneers Super Bowl as a month-long vomit fest (because all the Belichek vs Brady stuff we'd have to endure.)

I listened to that call.
    it was stupid, whining about $30 tickets? hell if you looked at ticket exchange or Facebook there was $10 or FREE tickets by gametime.

plus $60 for you & wife (or kid) to goto game but a nice meal at Texas roadhouse is $60 as well!

filling your tank of gas is $60

that guy was the idiot. Bravo to those radio guys
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I listened to that call.
    it was stupid, whining about $30 tickets? hell if you looked at ticket exchange or Facebook there was $10 or FREE tickets by gametime.

plus $60 for you & wife (or kid) to goto game but a nice meal at Texas roadhouse is $60 as well!

Going to all games can be expensive but going to 1 game is not over the top expensive. Of course expensive depends on the individual

Maybe a good solution for the people with limited money is to sell $10 standing room tickets in advance.

With planning you can find tickets online for really cheap. Heck the first game, end zone reserved were only $25 but they never promoted it

But the reality is doing anything with a wife 2 kids is expensive. 4 tickets. 4 sodas. 4 hot dogs 🌭 4 popcorn. $5 parking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I listened to that call.

And you were the guy bitching about eating at Applebees as being expensive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Heard the call too . . . The guy sounded like he was pretty drunk, or stoned, or something. When he called them idiots, I thought it was the caller that lost credibility. Maybe there’s been some $20 tickets withinin the last 5 years, but I don’t remember any $10 tickets for a long long time.
    Pretty sure $10 tickets were a thing right at beginning of playoff run GA and / or standing room. That was just 10 years ago.

Hanson and other dude were saying that hasn't happened for over 15 years. Not really saying either side took the high road here though. The first caller about the ticket prices sounded a bit drunk as well. The guy called them idiots definitely was...

They probably should get a better call screener although that probably eliminate 75% of their calls. Mike from Sioux Falls will have to call in twice! [emoji3]

Does DJkyro still call in or has life got too busy for him? Biggest problem I've gotten out of the habit of even listening as most of the callers are pretty cringy to listen to. Got sick of listening to that in between some okay takes. Cole Jirik usually adds some good takes was the most interesting to me but seems he gets less of the talking time?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I listened to that call.

Agree 100% The NCAA sets the playoff ticket prices and for the reg season I think GA is around 25.00 - The gov is sending him 250.00/Month for each kid so he has the money.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

It's a lot cheaper to be a UND football fan, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's a lot cheaper to be a UND football fan, that's for sure.
    Get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And you were the guy bitching about eating at Applebees as being expensive.
    The caller literally talked about a $200 tab just to get everyone to the dome. Not to mention that many people who have to travel. Meanwhile 2 guys that have free passes into the dome were shit talking him and saying "nut up".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The caller literally talked about a $200 tab just to get everyone to the dome. Not to mention that many people who have to travel. Meanwhile 2 guys that have free passes into the dome were shit talking him and saying "nut up".
    I think it's a bad look to diss anyone who mentions price being an issue when questioned about games that aren't sold out. Especially when you prove you don't know the history of ticket pricing. I'd love to see all games sold out and I also appreciate that for some people the cost can absolutely be an issue.