Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,217 of 1217

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

  1. #1211
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...
    Well, I do know that if I need seed, I think pro seed.

  2. #1212
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1 block from AG's house.
    Posts
    17,596

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, I do know that if I need seed, I think pro seed.
    That is true...

    Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]


    On the Plains Nigerian Style

  3. #1213
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    5,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...
    Piggy back it with a Team Maker ad, since nobody has heard of that either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  4. #1214
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    22,066
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...
    It's growing. Keith Brake said on The Brakedown today it was the highest rated station in all demographics on Saturdays. Obviously that's from Bison Football, the pre game, the pre-pre game (Tailgate Show) and Bison Feedback.

    Doing it in the fall is one thing but doing it in the spring is a totally different animal.

    No football. No basketball. No coaches shows.

    In the spring, your biggest draw is spring football and the spring game. Baseball and softball is cool but it's not going to drive ratings.

    You got the NFL Draft (DeLuca), NFL combine, the NBA Playoffs with the Twolves, and the start of the Twins season. Maybe the Force will make the Playoffs which could be a good opportunity.

    To get numbers in the spring it's going to take some impressive work by Jeff, Jeremy, Keith, and the crew.

    As far as spreading the word and partnering, they need some more original content so there is less Fox Sports radio syndicated crap. I would look to Bison Illustrated and The Bison Report for cross marketing.

    Some of the most popular podcasts in town would be Ross and Ryan Burns of The Bison Report. Give them an hour once per month or play their podcast before they release it online. The 2nd most popular podcast is The Bison Illustrated Podcast. It's awesome and Bison fans would love to hear a live show once per month. Heck work with them and see if they could air the Podcast on the station live before they post it on Soundcloud. That's way better than crappy Fox Sports radio.

    And my biggest pet peeve is not having a high school scoreboard. Even if it's pre recorded. Believe me that would be very popular

    14X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017

  5. #1215
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's growing. Keith Brake said on The Brakedown today it was the highest rated station in all demographics on Saturdays. Obviously that's from Bison Football, the pre game, the pre-pre game (Tailgate Show) and Bison Feedback.

    Doing it in the fall is one thing but doing it in the spring is a totally different animal.

    No football. No basketball. No coaches shows.

    In the spring, your biggest draw is spring football and the spring game. Baseball and softball is cool but it's not going to drive ratings.

    You got the NFL Draft (DeLuca), NFL combine, the NBA Playoffs with the Twolves, and the start of the Twins season. Maybe the Force will make the Playoffs which could be a good opportunity.

    To get numbers in the spring it's going to take some impressive work by Jeff, Jeremy, Keith, and the crew.

    As far as spreading the word and partnering, they need some more original content so there is less Fox Sports radio syndicated crap. I would look to Bison Illustrated and The Bison Report for cross marketing.

    Some of the most popular podcasts in town would be Ross and Ryan Burns of The Bison Report. Give them an hour once per month or play their podcast before they release it online. The 2nd most popular podcast is The Bison Illustrated Podcast. It's awesome and Bison fans would love to hear a live show once per month. Heck work with them and see if they could air the Podcast on the station live before they post it on Soundcloud. That's way better than crappy Fox Sports radio.

    And my biggest pet peeve is not having a high school scoreboard. Even if it's pre recorded. Believe me that would be very popular
    Tried that once and all I got was a bunch of drinking stories from Frisco. Ross and Ryan are way better.

  6. #1216
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Tried that once and all I got was a bunch of drinking stories from Frisco. Ross and Ryan are way better.
    And a reminder every 6.5 minutes of who you’re listening to, which podcast, and where they are sitting for some reason.
    Hail Hydra.

  7. #1217
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    22,066
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

    This home/road scheduling format is horrible and not only hurts travel attendance and fan engagement (you have to choose between men's and women's since they are on at the same time), it has to suck for listenership when 1660 gets the garbage women's game. Why can't they just do double headers? Could have pretty much a full day of basketball for fans and media. Would be a huge boost for attendance for teams that actually have decent women's programs like USD, SDSU, and even UND

    14X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •