Page 112 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by OtterTailLakeBison View Post
    Keith - As an alum living in Austin, TX, I absolutely love the programming. I suggest working with the Alumni Association to further promote awareness and education of this as an asset for alums both inside and outside of the immediate local and state-wide markets.

Keep Doing
    1. Interviews with current and former student athletes.
    2. Hearing from coaches
    3. Other school coaches, play by play and media
    4. Regional and national media

Start Doing or Accelerate
    1. Doubledown on student athletes interviews.
    2. Great to hear Teammaker progress and needs in the programs
    3. Even more FB recruiting - not just NDSU but across B10, B12, MVFC and top FCS programs
    The key is getting the word out and finding some alternative content. The station is what 8 months old? I think right now the hardcore Bison fans listen regularly but there are still a ton of people who are fans but not necessarily hardcore like us who don't know the station exists. With the syndicated stuff there is an opportunity to attract some genetal sports fans but there will never be masses listening to Fox Sports radio in Fargo. Most people up here follow the Vikes, Packers, Twins, Wolves, and Wild and will find regional talk a hell of a lot more interesting than lame Cowherd talking about Lebron or Stephen Curry 5 days a week. Adding an extra show even if it's 1 day a week to talk only regional sports could really help with that.

And as far as recruiting goes... Love it! I would love to hear a show a half hour per day a few times per week with guest hosts like Ross Uglem, Brad Jones, or even John Neis. Heck I would rather hear pike and Alex talk about nothing than Colin Cowherd. How about a fantasy football show? I would rather hear that Eagles bleeding green podcast than JT the Brick. The problem is they got Keith and Jeff doing so much it's crazy so you know they won't be able to do extra shows unless they don't sleep. Alternative content is needed.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ross Uglem was a guest host today. He said it was his first time ever hosting a show but Damn I was impressed. Dude just has a knack for some great talk. Even talked Mayweather - McGregor. What really impressed me is he had a few guests who couldn't make it and I probably enjoyed his improvised time filling stuff with Cole Jirik better anyways.

Here's the podcast...
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ross Uglem was a guest host today. He said it was his first time ever hosting a show but Damn I was impressed. Dude just has a knack for some great talk. Even talked Mayweather - McGregor. What really impressed me is he had a few guests who couldn't make it and I probably enjoyed his improvised time filling stuff with Cole Jirik better anyways.

Here's the podcast...
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show
    I can generally get in an hour of the insiders during my lunch hour and catch some of the breakdown after work. If there is some great that I missed I enjoy the podcasts that are posted here. Keep me in the loop. Yes it would be nice to expand the base of people that listen, but they also have to want to listen to it. The way today society is, if it is not spoon fed to them they don't care or are to "busy". To each their own we all have things to do and can only fit so much into a day.
    Great Bison shows and really enjoy to work these guys put in. Keep it going.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Hey if you can get anybody to listen in the doldrums of the July college sports scene it has to be a win. On air Talent has to work 10x as hard to find interesting things to talk about. At least now we do see some football verbals, heck 5 years ago they didn't roll in near as fast as they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I can generally get in an hour of the insiders during my lunch hour and catch some of the breakdown after work. If there is some great that I missed I enjoy the podcasts that are posted here. Keep me in the loop. Yes it would be nice to expand the base of people that listen, but they also have to want to listen to it. The way today society is, if it is not spoon fed to them they don't care or are to "busy". To each their own we all have things to do and can only fit so much into a day.
    Great Bison shows and really enjoy to work these guys put in. Keep it going.
    That's why I keep posting all the podcasts. The station is amazing but like you said we live in a busy gotta have it now world. Hopefully the podcasts can help find some new listeners who haven't found the station yet. With Bison 1660, 1/3 of advertising revenue goes straight to the NDSU Athletic budget so every Bison fan out there should want to see it be successful

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's why I keep posting all the podcasts. The station is amazing but like you said we live in a busy gotta have it now world. Hopefully the podcasts can help find some new listeners who haven't found the station yet. With Bison 1660, 1/3 of advertising revenue goes straight to the NDSU Athletic budget so every Bison fan out there should want to see it be successful
    I thank you for posting the podcasts, helps me out a ton.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Loved listening to Ross Uglem fill in a few weeks ago. Thought he did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Loved listening to Ross Uglem fill in a few weeks ago. Thought he did a great job.
    Do Ross and Ryan even do podcasts anymore? Those were outstanding and I miss them.

They keep changing the RSS feed. This appears to be the newest one:

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/so...453/sounds.rss

Headed on trip off the grid and haven't been able to keep up with Insiders or Brake Down last week or so. Is there a way to download any of the shows and play them later when out of cell service? Will be able to recharge phone or iPad via solar.