Page 102 of 155 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    In my opinion the 4 o'clock show is getting pretty close to un-listenable right now. It truly feels like they are talking about anything under the sun to fill the two hours. I didn't know there was absolutely nothing sports wise to talk about right now.
    Wait until this summer when absolutely no NDSU athletics are going on. They just need to find their topics for the day and make them interesting. Does not have to be all NDSU. Yes that is why most listen to them for NDSU stuff. Get some more player interviews across all sports. Even if they are taped and not live is fine with me. I know that rubs some on here the wrong way if they do not say it is a taped interview.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

In my opinion the 4 o'clock show is getting pretty close to un-listenable right now. It truly feels like they are talking about anything under the sun to fill the two hours. I didn't know there was absolutely nothing sports wise to talk about right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Wait until this summer when absolutely no NDSU athletics are going on. They just need to find their topics for the day and make them interesting. Does not have to be all NDSU. Yes that is why most listen to them for NDSU stuff. Get some more player interviews across all sports. Even if they are taped and not live is fine with me. I know that rubs some on here the wrong way if they do not say it is a taped interview.
    It's a pretty slow time of the year. It kind of reminds me of Bisonville.

What's going on? No college football. No NFL. Basketball is winding down. Heck they better milk the spring camp and spring game. THAT is the peak of the offseason. Baseball might be interesting but it won't bring out the masses. No wonder the format for some sports stations is going to more "just talk about anything." If the Twins suck it's going to be a really long boring sports summer. The NFL draft won't be quite as interesting. Heck we don't even have any draftable guys this year.

If they want to keep viewers interested... need to find some interesting guests around former NDSU players.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ive said it before...I'll say it again. They need to have a show hosted by a rube. Heck...let chapo have the mike. If I want fox sports radio national broadcast I can find that on other stations. They should have a rube show where they can talk about recruiting or anything else going on in the world of bison athletics. Have people call in and debate. Anything other than a national broadcast.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Ive said it before...I'll say it again. They need to have a show hosted by a rube. Heck...let chapo have the mike. If I want fox sports radio national broadcast I can find that on other stations. They should have a rube show where they can talk about recruiting or anything else going on in the world of bison athletics. Have people call in and debate. Anything other than a national broadcast.
    "Run The Damn Ball" hosted by Mr. Teach, weekdays from 1-4 PM. What do you say?

I actually agree... I don't mind some of the Fox Sports syndicated stuff but I really just don't care enough to listen daily. Would rather see a show hosted by a Bison nerd once a week or even once every 2 weeks. A few people come to mind.

John Neis from Bisonation.info fits the bill. He's an actual media pro. Dude knows his stuff. Everything from recruiting to general knowledge and he knows what Bison fans want to talk about. He's knows enough people to where he could actually get fans to call in... and he has like 10K followers on Twitter. (cue to El Chapo to neg rep me)

Then give the Bison Report a show.. Ross is a pro. Heck I would rather listen to their podcast than this national crap.

Jay Bartley is always a good listen

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Basketball isn't winding down, it's winding up.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jay Bartley is always a good listen
    Stay Classy Brookings could be his sign off!!

Brookings is German for A Cows Vagina

Stuff like that..you know
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

You are spot on, Teach! Been trying to get a local "Thunderstruck Makers" show (we'll go "national" later)...............where we exclusively play illegal AC/DC bootleg music, smack the Fawkers and the Bunnies mercilessly, pull wild and unsubstantiated rumors out of our our ass, drink WAY past the legal limits on-air, take money from sponsors without playing ads, and mesmerize the multitudes with salty language, confrontational phone calls, and brilliant, sexy conversation. It's EXACTLY what the adoring public has been clamoring for!!!

Unfortunately, three issues keep raising their ugly, politically-correct heads in keeping this from happening:

1. Can't get legal representation to sign off on it.
    2. The "powers that be" at 1660, won't take our phone calls.
    3. Really can't think of any "rubes" that would qualify to host. (Oh, wait.......just got a PM saying they "can think of at least ONE, right off the top of my head!")

Other than that...............this thing's practically a done deal.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At least sometimes the national broadcast is interesting and most of the time it's about sports. I don't know how long they went on and on about escalators in the Fargo area yesterday. The day before it was about prom dresses. I've thought both the 11 and 4 shows have gotten off to good starts, but they better fix this soon before they don't have anyone left to listen when football starts up again. Someone please explain how you can't at least get a few interviews a week pre-recorded from each of the active sports teams at NDSU but instead we get to listen for God knows how long about how they can only think of the escalators at the FargoDome and at JC Penny's.

At least sometimes the national broadcast is interesting and most of the time it's about sports. I don't know how long they went on and on about escalators in the Fargo area yesterday. The day before it was about prom dresses. I've thought both the 11 and 4 shows have gotten off to good starts, but they better fix this soon before they don't have anyone left to listen when football starts up again. Someone please explain how you can't at least get a few interviews a week pre-recorded from each of the active sports teams at NDSU but instead we get to listen for God knows how long about how they can only think of the escalators at the FargoDome and at JC Penny's.
    Especially when there are escalators in Scheels and The airport also.....bastards
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant