Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I think this is going to be very interesting. Right now 1660 is basically just a Fox Sports channel and it hardly shows up on the ratings but it has some big money potential.

Curious to what it's going to be like. I heard it will air other Bison Sports. Game replays. Games. Coaches shows. Stuff like that.

Personally I don't like channels that air syndicated crap around the clock. I love having a place to listen to press conferences and coaches shows. The other sports need some coverage as well.

But I think the key is mixing it up and having a daily local talk show. Having some personalities is key. Syndicated national sucks. Not only Bison talk though because it really limits what you can do. I think it would be smart mixing in some Vikings, Packers, Twins, Wild, Wolves, and all the Summit and MVFC teams. Heck high school sports would get some listeners. Let's face it well run out of Bison stuff for most of the summer and ratings will go in the shitter. (Kind of like Bisonville off season )

I think it would be cool having someone like Phil Hanson and Jeremy Jorgensen having a once a week show focused on sports in general. How about someone interesting like Drago?

It gets me thinking, what do I like to listen to? My favorite shows (in no particular order and I like bits of each) are Izzo and Kolpack. It's just really entertaining and it's not always Bison talk. I like Jack Michaels show. (Not a great interviewer but i like the flow of the show) I like the show with Derek Hanson too. And yes, McFeely is right up there too. He does a great job getting the listeners involved. Hallstrom does a great job in the slow summer months and has totally unique guests, like thr announcer for Georgia Southern talking about the move to FBS. That's the type of stuff I personally find entertaining.

Any ideas what you would like to hear? Thoughts

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Derek Hanson would be a good get. Not sure if they'd be able to steal any other guys away but Dom would be awesome. Itll be interesting. When is it supposed to be switched over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Derek Hanson would be a good get. Not sure if they'd be able to steal any other guys away but Dom would be awesome. Itll be interesting. When is it supposed to be switched over?
    I wasn't really talking about "stealing guys" but more so the type of sports shows I like listening to. Dom and Derek are on the list. Dom is the sports director so we could never pay him enough I'd rather find our own guys personally... plenty of interesting/entertaining people out there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mr. Burgundy from Bisonville, paper him up and get a live stream going for those not in listening range.

Just as long as we dont have to listen to the "Power Trip" morning show from the cities. My god those guys are terrible. Would be nice to get Mike and Mike.

Personally I think the more local info, the better. I can go anywhere and hear about NFL thoughts, or nearly anywhere for regional Vikings thoughts. Spend most of my time on the minutia of Bisonville because it is the only place to get round the clock bison.

In the book "Made to Stick" a story is told about a small town newspaper editor with a wildly successful paper. Did it by keeping the news extremely local. Said he could make money printing the phone book because people would buy it just to see their name in print.

Anyone else on here get the Litchville (ND) Bulletin?

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Mr. Burgundy from Bisonville, paper him up and get a live stream going for those not in listening range.
    Lots of knowledgeable folks. I like Neis, Ross and Ryan Burns. Podcast replays could be interesting

What about the FCS Wedge show?

Quote Originally Posted by NodakBizon View Post
    Just as long as we dont have to listen to the "Power Trip" morning show from the cities. My god those guys are terrible. Would be nice to get Mike and Mike.
    Really? They are the #1 morning show in Minneapolis, I think they all mesh well together. Sure, there is some stupid fart joke humor, they put out a quality show most of the time. It's certainly an upgrade over Star's show...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I'm glad I have a life beyond sports. I could care less about this radio stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Really? They are the #1 morning show in Minneapolis, I think they all mesh well together. Sure, there is some stupid fart joke humor, they put out a quality show most of the time. It's certainly an upgrade over Star's show...
    No kidding morning shows like that are a complete bit. I get their humor/jokes may rub people wrong. The variety they do keeps you entertained never really know what they might come up with one day. I didn't mind Star's show much either, have to say he really gave the legs to what they have now days though.