Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: spring game review

Default spring game review

Can anyone give thoughts/feelings on how they felt the spring game went?

I'm also looking for starters for each team if anyone knows.

Hope ya'll enjoyed the game.

broke_back_mnt Guest

Default Re: spring game review

Its on right now, you can watch it at Gobison.com

Just had an INT in the end zone with the gold team inside the five. I dont know who is playing

Yeah, watching it.

Trying to listen to the audio also, but I'm getting some kind of static pitch frequency or something, and it's really annoying.

It's real hard to see which players are making the plays out there.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was at the game. There were lots of young guys playing, and I wasn't sure who they all were because they didn't print enough programs. I thought it was typical of a spring practice, lots of mistakes, some good plays and the play calling wasn't exactly what you would see in a real game. Cabell looked good, the QB's were so-so, actually Brecke impressed me the most and if you saw him in person who would think he was way too small to play at this level, good athlete however. The young lineman are really big, but green. None of the receivers looked intimidating to me. Linebackers, safetys are as advertised, very good. Tyler Henry played well. That's just a few of my observations.

The Bison win!! ;D ;D

My quick thoughts-

There's a lot of talent in the QB's other than Walker. I haven't seen the stats, but Parsons did well against the #1 D, and both Brekke and Mertens showed a lot

Cabell would be a solid backup to Steffes, great change of direction and acceleration

LB's are solid

Secondary seems to be solid and have much better depth than previous years

Shamen may have some company returning kickoffs. His name is Jamar Champ.

The ?? ? ?? marks-

D line- seemed OK, but there's a pretty big dropoffs with the 2's

Kicking- FG's seemed OK, but it would be nice if a kickoff made it inside the 10 and didn't go out of bounds.

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I got a tour of the new coaches offices......UNBELEIVABLE!!! ;D...It seriously blew me away....Very classy. I wish I had a camera with so I could take pictures. Get this, the walls in the hallways are made so coaches can draw up plays with a dry erase marker and then erase it later.

I was at the game. When I left, I asked an usher if they were taking attendance this year, and she said that they already did attendance for today's game. Looked like a bigger crowd than last year. A lot of the fans left after halftime, though.

Was that Marques Johnson wearing #2 in green? If so, he had a SPECTACULAR day returning kicks. Ran one in for a TD.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Some spring game attendance numbers from around the nation:

Texas: 41,200

Nebraska: 57,415

Florida: 45,200

How do these schools get so many people to watch a spring game?

Well those are some of the best all-time collegiate football programs. In general, Texas is the number one football state and Florida and California are right behind it. Some of those I-A schools get over 100,000 fans a game, I know that Florida gets 88,000.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator
    I was at the game. When I left, I asked an usher if they were taking attendance this year, and she said that they already did attendance for today's game. Looked like a bigger crowd than last year. A lot of the fans left after halftime, though.

Was that Marques Johnson wearing #2 in green? If so, he had a SPECTACULAR day returning kicks. Ran one in for a TD.
    #2 was Jamar Champ from Houston, TX. Those gold uniforms are really hard to read. Now I understand why the media and people complained about them.

I not sure of the number, but when the Green Scored they really burned someone several times in the secondary. Lots of work to be done.