Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grad Transfers

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Grad Transfers

Curious what everyone's thoughts are on Done-And-One grad transfers and schools limiting the transfer options?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/mi...956-ncaab.html

Default Re: Grad Transfers

It's pretty horse shit when a coach can walk away from a 5 year deal at any point and go where ever is going to pay them the most but a player can't walk away from a zero year deal and go where ever they want and not get paid at all.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Seems like a pretty similar story

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Seems like a pretty similar story
    Hope CB is saving and investing his money wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It's pretty horse shit when a coach can walk away from a 5 year deal at any point and go where ever is going to pay them the most but a player can't walk away from a zero year deal and go where ever they want and not get paid at all.
    The player agrees to the contract don't they?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The player agrees to the contract don't they?
    And the coach didn't?

Is it in their scholarship agreement? Even if it is, it's pretty tough to make a non-compete stick even when you're willing to admit the person is an employee.

The kid fulfilled his obligation to the school, the school fulfilled its obligation to him. He's a student athlete who's trying to further his education and an premier educational institution in a conference that takes pride in the academic profile of its member institutions is standing in the way of that because, why?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    And the coach didn't?

Is it in their scholarship agreement? Even if it is, it's pretty tough to make a non-compete stick even when you're willing to admit the person is an employee.

The kid fulfilled his obligation to the school, the school fulfilled its obligation to him. He's a student athlete who's trying to further his education and an premier educational institution in a conference that takes pride in the academic profile of its member institutions is standing in the way of that because, why?
    I'm with ya, I don't think a player should have any restrictions on the graduate transfer stuff. I don't care for restricting transfers for underclassmen either. The coach has a buyout though. I won't hate on them for utilizing that clause.
    College of Business Alumnus

Spike Albrecht is going to Purdue for graduate school. Michigan has dropped their objection to him transferring to a team on their schedule and pending a waiver from the BIG, he'll be eligible immediately.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...ball/83866182/

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good let the guy get his graduate degree who cares about football.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Good let the guy get his graduate degree who cares about football.
    Right, nobody cares about football, don't let football get in the way of a Masters degree; unless Albrecht has a hand in a Purdue victory over Michigan. Granted, not likely, but who thought the Yotes would beat the Bison.