Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Deals Inked

Default Re: Media Deals Inked

With AM radio signals, the solar radiation keeps the radio signal under control, at night the station has to power down. Many stations, like KFGO, have to point the antenna to a specific direction to avoid interfering with other stations (at lower frequencies the signal can travel hundreds of miles). That's why you can hear WCCO at night, they don't have to power down or go directional.

I know Lakes will hate the lack of coverage into Minnesota but that is a pretty good signal pattern for ND.

KFGO Daytime signal http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KFGO-AM&h=D

KFGO Nighttime signal, showing a directional pattern http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KFGO-AM&h=N

That's why they drop out in the lakes area around sundown.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great news...big upgrade on the hoops side getting a deal with midco.

Does Midco partner the regional Fox College Sports channels? I don't get Midco here, but I feel like I've passed by some Summit games on FCS, but didn't watch because they're not HD and they weren't NDSU. I do know I have been able to see Summit Tournament games on FCS, I assume that was via Midco somehow?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is nice from the basketball side of it. Midco Sports does a good production and getting a deal with them finally gets NDSU basketball on par with the South Dakota schools in terms of media deals.

The radio deal is surprising. I guess AM 1660 goes to being the flagship of the Bison Radio Network? I'm surprised they were able to outbid the Radio Fargo-Moorhead and the Mighty 790. I'm guessing they either low-balled the bid or there's some politics behind the scenes going into that decision.
    790 sucks now. It's not the same 790 it once was. I switched to 970. Live and local... out of friggin Wisconsin. Besides streaming media is probably more important these days

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This sucks for those of us up north. Hopefully the affiliates kick in

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    790 sucks now. It's not the same 790 it once was. I switched to 970. Live and local... out of friggin Wisconsin. Besides streaming media is probably more important these days
    Depends which direction you go. Always got 790 loud and clear 24 hours a day. 970 is worthless up here even during the daytime hours.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Depends which direction you go. Always got 790 loud and clear 24 hours a day. 970 is worthless up here even during the daytime hours.
    Streaming media is the future. I listened to KFGO the entire way from Fargo to Frisco... on my smart phone. I would imagine NDSU will make sure the radio apps are covered and thats all that matters. But as far as content goes, you can't beat having your own damn radio station which is awsome.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Streaming media is the future. I listened to KFGO the entire way from Fargo to Frisco... on my smart phone. I would imagine NDSU will make sure the radio apps are covered and thats all that matters. But as far as content goes, you can't beat having your own damn radio station which is awsome.
    One size does not fit all.

Not denying having their own station is awesome.

I predict Ed Schultz will return even though he does have a radio podcast at a web site that could be read as we got ED instead of we got Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This just posted. Radio has changed and they will search nation wide for a new 'voice'.
    Some interesting new stuff...

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/h...ice=tablet&c=y
    It's OK to not be OK.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This was asked on Twitter...

@NDSUathletics new radio stations going to provide an app to stream broadcast?

Response by Ryan Perreault:

@brycealan No app necessary. GoBison.com/allaccess will continue to be a free audio stream on desktop & mobile.