Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Media Deals Inked

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Media Deals Inked

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Caller G after a close game victory over a talented MVFC rival: Well, it looks like the run is finally over. I know we've been spoiled for nearly the past decade, but no way this team is making it to Frisco.
    That’d be my brother calling in. He wouldn’t wait until the end of the game for that rant. He’d call in after the first offensive series if we didn’t score a touchdown and after the first defensive series if we don’t get a three and out or turnover in the first set of downs.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from but I really like Keith Brake. Honestly I think he's better at the whole radio show thing than either Culhane or Jorgenson (obviously) are. I'm impressed by how many different sports he can speak intelligently about. You listen to a lot of the talking heads on ESPN who really know one or two major sports and either avoid the others or display astounding ignorance when talking about the others he comes off as more informed than the majority of them do. In that format of a show you need to have strong opinions (even if you really don't) because the only way to keep it going and keep it fresh is to have those unique discussions that having strong opinions will spawn. I think it's kind of refreshing how he doesn't hold back on some aspects of NDSU athletics that Culhane and Jorgy kind of tiptoe around, he's definitely not as worried as they are about not ruffling feathers. His rant two years ago when the first playoff selection committee rankings came out is still one of the best things I've ever heard on local radio.

YUP. Couldn't have said it better myself. When football is in high gear 1660 is awesome I try to listen to both shows on a nearly daily basis. When its the offseason however... not so nice
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

It is mind blowing how badly KFGO has fallen. They used to pull 15 to 17 shares. Now it's under 9

The live and local mantra is laughable for a company that is now based out if Wisconsin and routinely pushes out the talent of a once mega talented station.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    For any road games I'm going to, I usually drive multiple hours to get home (4-6). Bison post game show needs to be at least 5 hrs long.

Absofreakinglutely! That would be the first thing I would change.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Absofreakinglutely! That would be the first thing I would change.
    I'm the same way. When I'm driving home from a home or road game, I listen to every second of the post game show and then it's done and I'm pissed. Back to the syndicated shit. I would trade a shorter pre game show for a longer post game show but I'm sure other fans not tailgating like the tailgate show.

The Bison tailgate show is 3 1/2 hours before the game and I'm tailgating so I've never heard it. Driving home I would LOVEto hear a show that recaps the rest of the FCS games or takes more phone calls from the Bison game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I enjoy listening to Ross Uglem and it would be awesome for him to have his own post game show afterwards. It probably wouldn't be worth it to him but even an hour of it would be great. Maybe follow that up with an FCS/ local small college football wrap up show.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I enjoy listening to Ross Uglem and it would be awesome for him to have his own post game show afterwards. It probably wouldn't be worth it to him but even an hour of it would be great. Maybe follow that up with an FCS/ local small college football wrap up show.
    Ross is one of my favorite listens. I'm surprised they dont cross promote the Bison Report on scout more. Give Ryan and Ross their own segment once per week during the weeks they release their podcast. Do it at a time other than the main shows to air their podcast or air it live before they release it for free. Sprinkle in a few commercial breaks and give them some free ads promoting their site. It would certainly give the Bison Report some great target exposure for their subscription services while providing awesome content. I guarantee there are fans out there that dont realize it exists

Or if they dont have the time, just air the podcast on the radio first before it goes on the web. I would tune in to listen at 6 pm or 7 pm after the Brakedown to hear it. I think many Bison fans would.

I think they do 1 podcast per week during the football season and a few crossover with basketball.

100% of Bison fans would prefer that over Doug Gottlieb

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post

Summary of callers:

Caller A after a running play that gains little: Why did they run it there??? Throw the ball!!

Caller B after a passing play gains little, goes incomplete, or gets intercepted: Why did they pass it there??? Run the dang ball!!

Caller C after the defense gives up a gain of 1 to 3 yards: Why didn't they blitz there!! Bring the heat!!!

Caller D after the defense gives up a gain of 3 yards or more (no blitz): Why did we blitz there? We're good enough we don't need to blitz!!

Caller E after special teams leaves the field: Our special teams sucks!!! Does Kleiman even have them practice special teams!!!

Caller F after the Bison are up by 2 scores in the first half: We need to go FBS, this is boring!!!

Did I miss any?
    Too much kicking and punting.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ross is one of my favorite listens. I'm surprised they dont cross promote the Bison Report on scout more. Give Ryan and Ross their own segment once per week during the weeks they release their podcast. Do it at a time other than the main shows to air their podcast or air it live before they release it for free. Sprinkle in a few commercial breaks and give them some free ads promoting their site. It would certainly give the Bison Report some great target exposure for their subscription services while providing awesome content. I guarantee there are fans out there that dont realize it exists

Or if they dont have the time, just air the podcast on the radio first before it goes on the web. I would tune in to listen at 6 pm or 7 pm after the Brakedown to hear it. I think many Bison fans would.

I think they do 1 podcast per week during the football season and a few crossover with basketball.

100% of Bison fans would prefer that over Doug Gottlieb
    Set 1 before any of that should be to get a half decent mic for Ryan.
    Hail Hydra.