Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Deals Inked

Default Re: Media Deals Inked

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    Ed is the only way this makes sense. Guessing he bought in with Ingstead and will announce a talk show, play-by-play announcement, as he "retires" to MN.
    I hope Ed is nowhere near NDSU, especially football.

Not an expert, but if I were make any suggestions, mine would be our BisonReport guys - Ross Uglem and Ryan Burns. I don't know if it's in their wheelhouse, but they do a pretty good job with the podcast.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I think they'll have to get someone out of the market to to do PBP for radio considering the situation. I would also also think that whoever does PBP, would have to be through NDSU instead of the radio station. For Jim, it's just another check for him. Same guy who donated 1.5 million to the new basketball arena. Let's hope he's willing to actually put the time and $$$ into making it a quality product on the radio. KFGO had people behind the scenes who put a lot of time into the product without the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Ya but they lose donors. He is toxic in this market.
    We would not lose a single donor. Arguably we could gain donors. Love or hate him, Big Eddie is a rock star. Even the people who don't like him actually listen. His kfgo show was the highest rated in history around here. Gap tooth sucked so bad they dropped him out west

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Media Deals Inked

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We would not lose a single donor. Arguably we could gain donors. Love or hate him, Big Eddie is a rock star. Even the people who don't like him actually listen. His kfgo show was the highest rated in history around here. Gap tooth sucked so bad they dropped him out west
    You're dead wrong IMO. Ed has burned waaaay to many bridges around here and considers himself waaay beyond NDSU or this market. I'd be one donor to ride off...
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You're dead wrong. Ed has burned waaaay to many bridges around here and considers himself waaay beyond NDSU or this market. I'd be one donor to ride off...
    I'm sure the athletic department would survive without your donation. Besides you would have to give up your section 21 tickets which require a donation. People would scarf those up faster than a fat person at an all you can eat buffet.

OT Ingstad made some pretty hefty donations which obviously didn't hurt his chance of getting the deal.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I'm sure the athletic department would survive without your donation. Besides you would have to give up your section 21 tickets which require a donation. People would scarf those up faster than a fat person at an all you can eat buffet.

OT Ingstad made some pretty hefty donations which obviously didn't hurt his chance of getting the deal.
    Ok, Bot--you're spot on. Y bother with national search? And BTW, Ed wasn't close to getting Vikes job. And he did UND after us! Yeah, he'd be well-accepted here all right!/purple
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Don't know if donations would stop... But some listeners may tune out.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Ok, Bot--you're spot on. Y bother with national search? And BTW, Ed wasn't close to getting Vikes job. And he did UND after us! Yeah, he'd be well-accepted here all right!/purple
    Scotty Miller was at UND before us.

Scotty Miller was at UND before us.
    Not to the extent Ed was after us, but your world...and fans shouldn't "love to hate" the PBP announcer for their team. See Scottie Milller as a perfect example. But, yep, we need a controversial, upset-the-Apple-cart person like Ed. Why not just bring In you're fat buddy Port for PBP?!? /not that much purple.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

I don't see Ed as a viable option.

First of all, I, and many others, didn't like his PBP. He was tolerable on TV but his radio presentation sucked. Lots of hollering and yelling instead of painting a picture with words like Scotty did.

Ed is also political and at odds with much of the people in the market. Politics is a bad thing when you want to appeal to everybody.