Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Deals Inked

Default Re: Media Deals Inked

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don't see Ed as a viable option.

First of all, I, and many others, didn't like his PBP. He was tolerable on TV but his radio presentation sucked. Lots of hollering and yelling instead of painting a picture with words like Scotty did.

Ed is also political and at odds with much of the people in the market. Politics is a bad thing when you want to appeal to everybody.
    Ed would be too much trouble
    This is my problem with Berg. Too much water under the political bridge
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don't see Ed as a viable option.

First of all, I, and many others, didn't like his PBP. He was tolerable on TV but his radio presentation sucked. Lots of hollering and yelling instead of painting a picture with words like Scotty did.

Ed is also political and at odds with much of the people in the market. Politics is a bad thing when you want to appeal to everybody.
    Good point on politics. However I don't see Chris Berg making people stop donating. Just lots of bitching.

I don't think he would be a good fit because he's too focused on other things.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We would not lose a single donor. Arguably we could gain donors. Love or hate him, Big Eddie is a rock star. Even the people who don't like him actually listen. His kfgo show was the highest rated in history around here. Gap tooth sucked so bad they dropped him out west
    I guarantee we would. In fact I can't stand the guy. My donation would go down to for my seats and not beyond that. We have quite a few conservative large donors and there is no way eddy would fly with them. He burned lots of bridges here.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kind of bummed, still no Bison basketball for western ND. It really chaps my hide that we can listen to UNI and SDSU games, but no Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I guarantee we would. In fact I can't stand the guy. My donation would go down to for my seats and not beyond that. We have quite a few conservative large donors and there is no way eddy would fly with them. He burned lots of bridges here.
    Stop trying to speak the truth. Gabe doesn't like to hear that.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Kind of bummed, still no Bison basketball for western ND. It really chaps my hide that we can listen to UNI and SDSU games, but no Bison!
    You can watch on ESPN3 if you have access.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Just curios how you can listen to UNI and SDSU in western ND?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Just curios how you can listen to UNI and SDSU in western ND?
    South Dakota State games are carried on 570 out of Yankton, which has a huge signal and reaches North Dakota. Even at night.

Not sure exactly which Iowa station they were referring to, but I know I've gotten a few Iowa stations at night when scanning the dial to see what came in.
    One might be 1600 out of Cedar Rapids...

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    South Dakota State games are carried on 570 out of Yankton, which has a huge signal and reaches North Dakota. Even at night.

Not sure exactly which Iowa station they were referring to, but I know I've gotten a few Iowa stations at night when scanning the dial to see what came in.
    One might be 1600 out of Cedar Rapids...
    Wish NDSU contracted with a station with a huge signal so I could get games on the radio near Sioux Falls. Most of the time I can watch on ESPN3, or listen on gobison, but sometimes those options are not available.

I think the radio coverage area is getting to be more and more a moot point and will be less the further we get into the future. With the streaming app availability taking over in those areas of bad coverage. I would much rather listen to a clear stream on the phone plugged into the vehicle than on a scratchy radio station. Cell coverage is just getting better and better as time goes on.

Heck I had relatives that bummed because they were traveling and not going to get to hear the National Championship Game. They were happy to learn that they could use a app and listen to the game as they were going through Alabama.