Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Deals Inked

Default Re: Media Deals Inked

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    South Dakota State games are carried on 570 out of Yankton, which has a huge signal and reaches North Dakota. Even at night.

Not sure exactly which Iowa station they were referring to, but I know I've gotten a few Iowa stations at night when scanning the dial to see what came in.
    One might be 1600 out of Cedar Rapids...
    I listened to a UNI football game about 7-8 yrs ago in central MT while on an elk hunting trip. It was a Cedar Rapids station. Could not get reception for the Bison game that day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Call me crazy but I think he actually does a decent job with BB anyway. Haven't heard him do a FB game yet though.
    Ok, you're crazy. Half the time he can't even pronounce the kids names right. He should never do any games above the HS level.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Come to expect the level of interest by Forum Communications in the #1 college athletic program in this region. Did Forum Communications even bid on the radio rights? I noticed that their TV bid was the lowest of the three submitted. Must not want to spend any money on NDSU. At least the Forum newspaper "has" to cover NDSU athletics.

Anyway, I believe the total media package is just awesome for NDSU and its fans. Good money and good coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Come to expect the level of interest by Forum Communications in the #1 college athletic program in this region. Did Forum Communications even bid on the radio rights? I noticed that their TV bid was the lowest of the three submitted. Must not want to spend any money on NDSU. At least the Forum newspaper "has" to cover NDSU athletics.

Anyway, I believe the total media package is just awesome for NDSU and its fans. Good money and good coverage.
    I was extremely surprised that WDAY lowballed like they did. Maybe they figure they already do so much coverage that they didn't stand to gain as much as the other stations. I just assumed they were sort of gearing up to be the home when they started doing all these HD high school games, etc. It's possible they completely underestimated how much NDSU is worth for media rights at this point.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I was extremely surprised that WDAY lowballed like they did. Maybe they figure they already do so much coverage that they didn't stand to gain as much as the other stations. I just assumed they were sort of gearing up to be the home when they started doing all these HD high school games, etc. It's possible they completely underestimated how much NDSU is worth for media rights at this point.
    That is a good point, but also KVLY has upgraded to HD trucks to do broadcasts and they probably wanted to make sure that investment was going to be used.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the Bison Media Blog is one of the best outlets for news available. Dom & Jeff do a great job for football in my opinion. I don't really get a chance to listen to their radio show.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I think the Bison Media Blog is one of the best outlets for news available. Dom & Jeff do a great job for football in my opinion. I don't really get a chance to listen to their radio show.
    Easily the best sports radio show in town by far. They do podcast Kolpack & Izzo now http://www.wday.com/radio

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is a good point, but also KVLY has upgraded to HD trucks to do broadcasts and they probably wanted to make sure that investment was going to be used.
    I personally think it's the only way they stay relevant with NDSU. If WDAY gets NDSU, they have a pretty big monopoly on that corner of media. They have the blog, the paper, TV channel...it's pretty much all she wrote.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Monopoly yes, however I would rather listen to Dom & Kolpack during pre-game than Berg. He is horrible. In my opinion Dom & Kolpack are the two best sports reporters or play by play in town. Would love to have those two with Phil doing all the Tv broadcasts. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I am not a big fan of his show but he does a good job calling games. I like him a lot for basketball actually.

That said I am just glad NDSU left KFGO, I was nervous about the thought of Hammer taking over. I am not sure what would be worse than Hammer, I think I would rather have Ed.
    Do you think Gelnor and Norm Jump ship. I think all they do for KFGO is the FB show? I actually kinda liked Bison Rewind.....Not like it will be hard to duplicate I guess.