Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Team makers

Default Re: Team makers

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    All I ever hear from you is excuses PL........seems this simple situation is being made way more complex than it really is. A good leader can make it happen. Should be a matter of months not years!
    And all we hear from you is the same constant bitch SD. Why not pick up the phone and have a conversation so you can get the answers you seek instead of looking to an internet message board for the answers to supposed issues? You obviously dont like what I offer so go right to the source.

I have no problem not posting the information I get if its not wanted. Then you will have more unconfirmed rumors and scenarios to fapp over. But then again it could be you just dont like the answers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And all we hear from you is the same constant bitch SD. Why not pick up the phone and have a conversation so you can get the answers you seek instead of looking to an internet message board for the answers to supposed issues? You obviously dont like what I offer so go right to the source.
    Plenty of people are letting them know PL. I love all the secrecy, lack of communication and lack of progress. Seems many who are in charge are FAILING as they don't care enough to get something done.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I was thinking the letter would address issues more along of what Patty mentioned than specific individuals. Something simple that says "we see the issue and we're working on a number of possible solutions. We'd like to use the South lot as overflow, but that involves relocating the teammaker lot and relocating the student entrance. Also with this area set aside for possible Fargodome expansion we want to ensure they any changes we make can be permanent."

I don't even care if any of it is true, except that they're working on it, because it would be an acknowledgment and would buy some time and goodwill.

If the real obstacles are closer to what you've danced around a few times and there are major donors or powerful individuals whose personal feelings are the real force standing in the way of any changes that have the potential to really capitalize on what NDSU has going here, that is sad on a multiple levels, especially if it's individuals on the donor side rather than the beurocratic side.
    Nothing you have said I can disagree with.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Has a fanbase reached the pinnacle when all they can argue about is tailgating and the lack of space??

not a smack on anyone but just kind of funny, think what outsiders must see//lol
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If you want to waste yours and everyones time by producing some superflurious verbiage that has no real meaning sure. Youre trying to change some peoples belief system. You can timeline tasks and projects. Change Human behavior???????
    So, Pat, in all your years in business and health care, when completing a project, you never, ever had to cross someone to pull off a project? I have a very hard time believing that as it is part of leading and you are a leader. This has nothing to do with changing behavior. It has everything to do with potentially upsetting someone who's behavior will not change. Like you pointed out, Gene had to play hardball the first time; it is time to play hardball again. I am sure many were upset with Gene after he voted to break that tie. (Yes, I actually do know the history. )

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Has a fanbase reached the pinnacle when all they can argue about is tailgating and the lack of space??

not a smack on anyone but just kind of funny, think what outsiders must see//lol
    Other schools call us on a regular basis wanting to know how we do what we do. All the way from athletics, Team Makers, tailgating, athlete academics, athletic administration, ticketing etc etc etc. Many would love to have what we have and Im not talking about our success as thats a given.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, Pat, in all your years in business and health care, when completing a project, you never, ever had to cross someone to pull off a project? I have a very hard time believing that as it is part of leading and you are a leader. This has nothing to do with changing behavior. It has everything to do with potentially upsetting someone who's behavior will not change. Like you pointed out, Gene had to play hardball the first time; it is time to play hardball again. I am sure many were upset with Gene after he voted to break that tie. (Yes, I actually do know the history. )
    Consider this. Tailgating has a pretty good track record with very few alcohol related problems at tailgate itself and during the games. The previous resistance is weaking due to that record and time. Why would you play hard ball and piss people off at this juncture when you can see youre going to get what you want a little futher down the line? Are the current issues big enough to warrant upsetting cetain factions when the complaints come from a very small minority especially when the vast majority are very happy.
    This is all with the thought that all the supposed issues are going to be rectified in the future. (There is your timeline)

Now put your personal opinion aside, weigh the options and put on your diplomatic leader hat. Whats the BEST course of action for TM and NDSU. Whats BEST for the majority? Remember its all going to be taken care of in the future. You can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Disclaimer--This is all my opinion, no names were named to protect the innocent and no animals were harmed in the posting of this public service message.

Still raining... Still cleaning off desk... Nice card from NDSU, hand written by PS. Thanks for supporting the Bison Pride fund. I didn't give much, but always nice to get a handwritten thank you!
    (I wonder what else I'm going to find in this pile?!!)

Disclaimer--This is all my opinion, no names were named to protect the innocent and no animals were harmed in the posting of this public service message.
    Damn PETA lovers.

NDSU should have a tailgate spot exchange like they do ticket exchange. Saw too many open spots in certain areas. Would have been nice to see those filled. Why not?