Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The right time

Default Re: The right time

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Are you sure? That used to be the case with my Midco service, but not anymore. I have to use my Dish account to use it.
    I don't see why not. They're constantly pimping their watch ESPN/ESPN apps so they definitely have their hands in the streaming business

Answer is in there http://www.cutcabletoday.com/watch-espn-online/

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I don't see why not. They're constantly pimping their watch ESPN/ESPN apps so they definitely have their hands in the streaming business
    In streaming ESPN is actually a customer of Major Leage Baseball's Advanced Media division.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So the internet providers pay ESPN for the right to allow there subscribers to have espn 3. That can't be anywhere near what ESPN charges the cable companies and ESPN 3 sure isn't making a ton off the same dang 3 commercials you see while watching ESPN 3. ESPN revenue wise has taken a step back from what it once was and it has to in the future cut into what they will be able to pay for content. They are trying to monetize it with world wide distribution but it may take time to make money off that and could be expensive. ESPN is definitely in flux and it is going to take time money and effort. It will be interesting to see what Iger has to say in the next few weeks when they report again.
    No matter where ESPN currently has their investments, they are still the largest sports media network available. Their competition is basically FS1 and it is not even close. They also include themselves in all of the conference networks, which are only getting started imo.

ESPN 3 only requires your ISP to provide it, which is about all of them now, but those usually are not the big games. Anything on the ESPN/2/U/NEWS channels you need to have a subscription service such as cabletv or direct/dish.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I highly doubt anyone would travel to Detroit for a bowl game to watch a 6 or 7 win team. But like I've said before Bowl games are nothing more than exhibitions and it's nothing more than a vacation for the players and fans. Nobody cares about winning unless it's the Rose or other new years day game.
    Let's just assume that NDSU got into the MWC. They have bowl agreements with the following bowls:

Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas, NV) against Pac12
    SDCCU Poinsettia Bowl (San Diego, CA)
    Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, NM) against Conference USA
    Hawai'i Bowl (Honolulu, HI)
    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise, ID) against MAC
    Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, TX) against B1G
    Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl (Tucson, AZ) against Conference USA/Sun Belt

Primary backup for the Ticket City Cactus Bowl is Big12 or Pac12 do not fill.

All except Potato Bowl are appealing locations for me to travel to. Nothing against Boise, but it's just not somewhere I want to visit in December/January

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Let's just assume that NDSU got into the MWC. They have bowl agreements with the following bowls:

Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas, NV) against Pac12
    SDCCU Poinsettia Bowl (San Diego, CA)
    Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, NM) against Conference USA
    Hawai'i Bowl (Honolulu, HI)
    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise, ID) against MAC
    Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, TX) against B1G
    Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl (Tucson, AZ) against Conference USA/Sun Belt

Primary backup for the Ticket City Cactus Bowl is Big12 or Pac12 do not fill.

All except Potato Bowl are appealing locations for me to travel to. Nothing against Boise, but it's just not somewhere I want to visit in December/January

Excellent Info... yes all of those bowls would ROCK and BISONATION would have a blast taking over those towns. Las Vegas?? are you kidding me? Hawaii Bowl in December?? heck yea we'd go! Tucson AZ , Albequerque ?? yes and yes..

they all beat frisco .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Nothing against Boise, but it's just not somewhere I want to visit in December/January
    You could make it a snowmobile trip. I know a guy that could probably get you a good deal on a sled (or a Timbersled)...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

with NDSU & Carson Wentz Trending on twitter NATIONWIDE right now. ITS TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS NDSU!

Please I BEG OF YOU, START CALLING mountain west, big 12, mac.... THEY WILL TALK TO YOU IF YOU JUST CALL THEM!

PUT IT OUT THERE PUBLICLY THAT WE WANT FBS!!

thank you.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Was thinking today that with all the media attention/national exposure we are getting from CW, and what we will get from him and JH in the draft and going forward (along with the other ESPN exposure we have been getting the last many years) that, if we were to win yet another Natty next year and host GD (the latter wouldn't matter IMO) it all might be just enough for FBS conferences to consider an invite. It just might be enough, it there isn't enough already.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Was thinking today that with all the media attention/national exposure we are getting from CW, and what we will get from him and JH in the draft and going forward (along with the other ESPN exposure we have been getting the last many years) that, if we were to win yet another Natty next year and host GD (the latter wouldn't matter IMO) it all might be just enough for FBS conferences to consider an invite. It just might be enough, it there isn't enough already.
    I think location is our biggest problem.... And then money....but the exposure is already there I think