Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Augustana wins a Natty in some place called Frisco !!

Default Re: Augustana wins a Natty in some place called Frisco !!

They also beat Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They also beat Iowa
    #buttexhibitiongame!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Augustana's twitter feed tweeted this on Sunday as well:

Hey @NDSUathletics, what do you say we go in together and rename Frisco #DakotaTitleTown?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good for Texas Tommy! In his Bison days he had players from all over the country and from DI transfers, JC's, everywhere and anywhere. I believe his Auggie team was all high school recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Good for Texas Tommy! In his Bison days he had players from all over the country and from DI transfers, JC's, everywhere and anywhere. I believe his Auggie team was all high school recruits.
    Yes, no transfers (JUCO or D1) on this year's Augie squad. Very talented and tight-knit group. You could tell how close they all were by the way they played. Really fun team.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 03-31-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: grammar fix

Also, for those interested, Billeter was just recently named NABC Division II Men's Basketball Coach of the Year: http://goaugie.com/news/2016/3/31/me...-the-nabc.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Yes, no transfers (JUCO or D1) on this year's Augie squad. Very talented and tight-knit group. You could tell how close they all were by the way they played. Really fun team.
    thats awesome. Just glanced at your roster to see how many Minnesota kids you have, and I see 5...and a handful of international students. how did that all work out? Qatar, Australia and England?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    thats awesome. Just glanced at your roster to see how many Minnesota kids you have, and I see 5...and a handful of international students. how did that all work out? Qatar, Australia and England?
    From what I understand, former assistant coach Jeff Trumbauer works basketball camps overseas in the summer and came across several of these guys as prospects. A few have already become very good players for us. Others will take a little time but should be impact players by the end of their careers.

Trumbauer became the head coach at Black Hills State a few years ago, so I'm not sure if that overseas pipeline is as open/strong these days, but I suppose it's not out of the question we could bring in more.