Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Augustana wins a Natty in some place called Frisco !!

Default Augustana wins a Natty in some place called Frisco !!

Great job by the Vikings and ex-Bison coach Tom Billiter defeating Lincoln Memorial of Tennessee for their first national championship.

Default Re: Augustana wins a Natty in some place called Frisco !!

Big ups. They had a great team when I watched them play msum. Who happened to have their best team in years but could never beat augustana

They would've done well in the Summit

Fun couple of seasons for the Vikes. Two years ago we were finishing up a less-than-satisfying season that ended in a 16-14 record. Since then, we've gone 65-5. Pretty solid turnaround by these players, Coach Billeter and his staff, and the rest of the Augustana community involved with the men's basketball program. All with a roster featuring no D1 or JuCo transfers. Kind of incredible.

We're losing a great group of seniors, but the future is still very bright. Fun time to be a Viking.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Heard Billeter on one of the radio interviews earlier this week and he talked for a full minute or two about how much the people of Frisco love NDSU. Said something along the lines of, "There's NDSU gear and memorabilia all over the walls of restaurants and every business in this town. I think they're embracing us because we tell them we're from South Dakota and they just hear the Dakota part and light up...as long as there's a Dakota, it's good enough for them." Can't remember exactly how he said it, but I figured you NDSU fans would appreciate it.

Great win Vikes!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    One other thing I forgot to mention. Heard Billeter on one of the radio interviews earlier this week and he talked for a full minute or two about how much the people of Frisco love NDSU. Said something along the lines of, "There's NDSU gear and memorabilia all over the walls of restaurants and every business in this town. I think they're embracing us because we tell them we're from South Dakota and they just hear the Dakota part and light up...as long as there's a Dakota, it's good enough for them." Can't remember exactly how he said it, but I figured you NDSU fans would appreciate it.
    yep, some of those businesses donate to our Athletic booster club!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where can I hear this? I need to hear it! For the love of Edna where is the podcast?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Where can I hear this? I need to hear it! For the love of Edna where is the podcast?!
    Hmmm...it was either KWSN or 99.1 FM...checking on their sites, but I'm not seeing anything. If I come across it anywhere, I'll drop a link here.

Fun couple of seasons for the Vikes. Two years ago we were finishing up a less-than-satisfying season that ended in a 16-14 record. Since then, we've gone 65-5. Pretty solid turnaround by these players, Coach Billeter and his staff, and the rest of the Augustana community involved with the men's basketball program. All with a roster featuring no D1 or JuCo transfers. Kind of incredible.

We're losing a great group of seniors, but the future is still very bright. Fun time to be a Viking.
    I watched the Vikings play a couple of times in SF during the regular season and caught the NSIC tourney final at the Pentagon (was in Tucson during the regional)......really enjoyable and fun team to watch with their up tempo play. Amazing win without Jansen in the semis !!