NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Notre Dame Hockey to B10

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    and Arizona St according to a friend of mine from Phoenix
    Yeah, I saw that mentioned here, too:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...17-2018-hockey

But the NCHC is the pinnacle of what all hockey should be!

There was some bitching and moaning among some ND hockey fans about being in Hockey East. This will let them play fellow big-time schools and not have to go to Massachusetts to do it.
    College of Business Alumnus

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    But the NCHC is the pinnacle of what all hockey should be!
    Sounds like UND fans are the only ones that care about conference hockey tournaments.

"Where the NCHC Frozen Faceoff still struggles is with fan support, though compared to the tournament across the river held by the Big Ten Conference, you would think the NCHC was thriving.

The truth about the NCHC Frozen Faceoff is if not for the North Dakota fans, Target Center would have been as empty as Xcel was this weekend. St. Cloud State and UMD only brought a modest amount of fans, if that. Neither night sold out the 17,500-seat Target Center and attendance was actually down two percent this year compared to last year's tournament which featured Denver, UND, SCSU and Miami (Ohio)."

http://www.inforum.com/sports/399194...th-dakota-fans

Wow. I'm stunned that Notre Dame would join the BIG in any sport. Lots of historical animosity there.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Wow. I'm stunned that Notre Dame would join the BIG in any sport. Lots of historical animosity there.
    I was/am/will continue to be surprised as well. Fielding Yost has a small penis.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Sounds like UND fans are the only ones that care about conference hockey tournaments.

"Where the NCHC Frozen Faceoff still struggles is with fan support, though compared to the tournament across the river held by the Big Ten Conference, you would think the NCHC was thriving.

The truth about the NCHC Frozen Faceoff is if not for the North Dakota fans, Target Center would have been as empty as Xcel was this weekend. St. Cloud State and UMD only brought a modest amount of fans, if that. Neither night sold out the 17,500-seat Target Center and attendance was actually down two percent this year compared to last year's tournament which featured Denver, UND, SCSU and Miami (Ohio)."

http://www.inforum.com/sports/399194...th-dakota-fans
    This is funny. Just proves how pretty much UND and only a few other schools truly care about college hockey. I'd put it behind college baseball and maybe even college lacrosse.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This is funny. Just proves how pretty much UND and only a few other schools truly care about college hockey. I'd put it behind college baseball and maybe even college lacrosse.
    lacrosse is huge out east and in the NE
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Its like the FCS championship game in Frisco if the Bison don't make it or the Summit tournament in Sioux Falls.