Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Season Tickets

Page 13: http://ndsuathleticfund.com/wp-conte...Guide-2016.pdf

Looks like the cheapest TM dues will be $150/seat, which works for me as that's less than what I give currently, but I wonder if they will have trouble selling these without consistently selling out games.

I wonder when they're going to realize that the legend for the football seating isn't in their fancy Donor Guide?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I wonder when they're going to realize that the legend for the football seating isn't in their fancy Donor Guide?
    That, and I didn't see the minimum amount required to have an opinion about moving football to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    That, and I didn't see the minimum amount required to have an opinion about moving football to FBS.
    So the seats I had this year cost me about 780. Next year would be close to 3000. Ya I don't like basketball that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Page 13: http://ndsuathleticfund.com/wp-conte...Guide-2016.pdf

Looks like the cheapest TM dues will be $150/seat, which works for me as that's less than what I give currently, but I wonder if they will have trouble selling these without consistently selling out games.
    IMO those basketball season tickets dues feel like they are about double what they should be, particularly the lower end sections. I'll be surprised if they don't have a hard time selling out season tickets at those due levels. Seems like they should have a no due section or at least a minimum due like $50-$75.

Unfortunately the basketball following isn't currently what the football following is, but those prices don't seem to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    IMO those basketball season tickets dues feel like they are about double what they should be, particularly the lower end sections. I'll be surprised if they don't have a hard time selling out season tickets at those due levels. Seems like they should have a no due section or at least a minimum due like $50-$75.

Unfortunately the basketball following isn't currently what the football following is, but those prices don't seem to realize that.
    Yep, I know a guy that was interested until I sent him the breakdown, considering he travels a lot and could only make a few games per year anyway, he was hoping for a Non donor section of a minimal fee like the $25 FB seats. I'm guessing its higher due to the smaller venue and more amount of games??

with that I think they will get some people for atleast 1 year because the new arena
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I'm in the same boat of they hold the $150 per seat minimum I'll say screw it as I am not shelling out $600+ for 2 end zone seats when I'll make 2-3 games a year. I'll take my chances on someone here or somewhere getting me into the hands I want. If they dropped it to $25-$75/seat I'd be in. Really think they're over doing it, likely get some in the beginning due to remodel, would require the bball team to get to NCAA a couple times in the next few years to keep that place full though in my opinion.

Only way that makes it a tough decision is losing some of my priority points but can make that up with a few extra $50 donations.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If those prices hold I'm going to throw a pretty big fit about it. I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years, sat through all the horribleness that was the BSA, been to every Summit League tournament but one and have been absolutely pumped about this arena opening as one of the biggest NDSU basketball fans there is. Now they want me to go from paying $720 for my 4 seats to pay $2,720 for them? That's over 3 times as much as I pay for my football tickets. I love this team and I love this game but I simply cannot afford to spend $3000 on tickets. The only thing I'll say is it doesn't say per seat on the donation chart. If it's just a $500 flat donation plus my ticket prices, well that I can handle but if it really is per seat then they are going to lose a season ticket holder simply because they priced me out of them. I've held tickets all these years, including this one where I could only make 5 games just so I would have priority points accumulated to get better seats in the new arena and now I can't afford them. This is the most disappointing thing I've seen in a long time, I couldn't possibly be more upset by this.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    If those prices hold I'm going to throw a pretty big fit about it. I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years, sat through all the horribleness that was the BSA, been to every Summit League tournament but one and have been absolutely pumped about this arena opening as one of the biggest NDSU basketball fans there is. Now they want me to go from paying $720 for my 4 seats to pay $2,720 for them? That's over 3 times as much as I pay for my football tickets. I love this team and I love this game but I simply cannot afford to spend $3000 on tickets. The only thing I'll say is it doesn't say per seat on the donation chart. If it's just a $500 flat donation plus my ticket prices, well that I can handle but if it really is per seat then they are going to lose a season ticket holder simply because they priced me out of them. I've held tickets all these years, including this one where I could only make 5 games just so I would have priority points accumulated to get better seats in the new arena and now I can't afford them. This is the most disappointing thing I've seen in a long time, I couldn't possibly be more upset by this.
    This could just as well have been my post. Pretty much identical feelings for me, except I have 5 tickets instead of 4.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

It is definitely a per seat fee. I have been wrong before but I have a hard time believing that they are going to find people that are willing to pay that much for basketball season tickets, especially based on historical costs of tickets. So what happens then? There will be open seats in those prime sections which will end up being sold on a per game basis. NDSU had a huge increase in the number of season tickets last year. This could easily blow that up.

533 In a row