Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Default Re: Season Tickets

I think it would be a mistake to not have a season ticket tier or tiers that doesn't require a mandatory Team Maker donation per seat. For football it makes perfect sense because season tickets are sold out and there are Team Makers who can't get season tickets that want them so making every season ticket holder donate is a plausible ask. For basketball there's always been plenty of season tickets available so anyone that wants a season ticket, Team Maker or not, could get one in years past. I think attaching a mandatory donation to all season tickets for basketball will scare away some potential buyers.

I actually like the idea of having every season ticket holder for basketball being mandatory TM. There are going to be people that don't have football tickets that wouldn't normally be a TM. It doesn't even have to be an outrageous amount either. Have sections where $50 is the minimum/max up to 4 seats, $100 for 8, etc. That way these people are donating the minimum but aren't paying on a "per seat" basis. It's extra money for TM you wouldn't normally have. Plus if they stick with it for multiple seasons, they gain more points by having consecutive seasons of ownership. Better sections would have per seat TM dues. I think if you're seriously considering season tickets, a minimum, small, mandatory TM fee shouldn't scare you off.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

You have to start with some type of minimal TM fee for season tickets for BB.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You have to start with some type of minimal TM fee for season tickets for BB.
    Agreed, but that minimal fee should be closer to nothing than $150 per seat at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agreed, but that minimal fee should be closer to nothing than $150 per seat at this point.
    true that bro
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It is definitely a per seat fee. I have been wrong before but I have a hard time believing that they are going to find people that are willing to pay that much for basketball season tickets, especially based on historical costs of tickets. So what happens then? There will be open seats in those prime sections which will end up being sold on a per game basis. NDSU had a huge increase in the number of season tickets last year. This could easily blow that up.
    I agree this will blow up. I would think starting small and gradually working up makes more sense. I bet you lose 1/3 of season ticket holders. Hope not but....

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    However on football end zone tickets they started to small last year people may have bitched some but when you have people waiting in line you would think you would want to ask enough to make a small percentage drop out

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    However on football end zone tickets they started to small last year people may have bitched some but when you have people waiting in line you would think you would want to ask enough to make a small percentage drop out
    I agree. If you don't lose any you haven't pushed it far enough. That said, I wouldn't want them to go too far, too fast.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I hope that the ticket office/TM quickly releases some answers to clear up the ambiguity and conjecture. The last thing our basketball program needs is for there to be unnecessary animosity between season ticket holders and the program. I am a TM without football season tickets so I have some flexibility on how I designate my $$, but if the donation levels are accurate from the form we've been shown, then I am likely priced out of my 4 existing season tickets.

I hope they figure it out quickly, because I'd much rather be focusing on the job that Coach Richman has done, the exciting core of players we have returning, and the athleticism that will be joining the squad for the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I agree. If you don't lose any you haven't pushed it far enough. That said, I wouldn't want them to go too far, too fast.
    And that's the problem if it's true that some on here have said, that at one point they were told they would have their seats for life and never be priced out of their seats (for football season tickets). Don't make promises you can't keep.