Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Default Re: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
    I will be trying for first year season tickets this year for bb. I was completely turned off when the initial TM dues per seat came out but was in a much better mood when I seen the mailed out flyer. Anyone thinking that they will sell out season tickets due to the new building? I just started donating to TM in 2014 so I'm sure I would be pretty low if a lot of new season ticket requests come in this year.
    They will not even come close to selling out season tickets. I have talked to a lot of my past fellow season ticket holders who are jumping ship and not renewing. It is a simple supply and demand. Football tickets I get it if you want the tickets you pay the team maker fee if your lucky to get the opportunity to. The basketball attendance is not going to double with a new arena so why pay the extra money to watch the Bison play valley city state, Northland tech, Minot state, Minnesota Morris, etc etc. Do the math, it is ridiculous what you will pay to watch the Bison play crap teams at home when you can walk up to the ticket counter and get a great seat for half the cost. Not worth it folks! If your lucky the Bison will get 15 home games at best. Make the athletic department step up and schedule some decent mid major teams at home and get 17-18 home games a year and consistently show that more than 3500 fans can show up for a regular home game and I may change my tune but until then save your hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    They will not even come close to selling out season tickets. I have talked to a lot of my past fellow season ticket holders who are jumping ship and not renewing. It is a simple supply and demand. Football tickets I get it if you want the tickets you pay the team maker fee if your lucky to get the opportunity to. The basketball attendance is not going to double with a new arena so why pay the extra money to watch the Bison play valley city state, Northland tech, Minot state, Minnesota Morris, etc etc. Do the math, it is ridiculous what you will pay to watch the Bison play crap teams at home when you can walk up to the ticket counter and get a great seat for half the cost. Not worth it folks! If your lucky the Bison will get 15 home games at best. Make the athletic department step up and schedule some decent mid major teams at home and get 17-18 home games a year and consistently show that more than 3500 fans can show up for a regular home game and I may change my tune but until then save your hard earned money.
    I understand what you are saying. You are monetizing the price of tickets to get more bang for your entertainment buck.
    But---Many people choose to pay the TM fees and then season tickets price because they support NDSU and the MBB program. Value for your dollar in this scenario is different.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Thumbs down Re: Season Tickets

Playing those chumps non conf teams is pathetic. We got a new arena & kick ass football team use that to your advantage and END THE D 2. NAIA games

Ps they haven't called me yet to renew Should I be worried?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post

I'll probably only do 2 that I currently have. Just because some day I expect I'll have more time to come to the games but I don't see ndsu building a new Bball arena for 30+ years unless money changes or the state gets overly generous etc. So eventually there is possibility of it selling out. I am torn a bit in the same manner you laid out. The only real excitement are the conference games and every once in awhile a good mid major game. Other side I don't want to be left out in the cold because I don't ever foresee myself being a large donor. Unless I win the lottery but first I'd have to buy a lottery ticket!

Yeah, NDSU basketball brought me into the herd more than football. Love football now maybe even a little more than basketball, but it was basketball that got me started. I am really wavering on season tickets. The wife and I are thinking we might this year because I waited so long for a new arena but after that I think we are done.

In reality we have 3 games a year that have any excitement/crowds. SDSU, some random Summit team that is high in the conference for the year(IPFW lately), and maybe UND every other year.

We will just watch from home after this year unless I want to walk up and get a ticket some odd night. At the prices they are looking at they need to get a better non-conference schedule or be moving up to the Missouri Valley next year. (Hard to believe that they supposedly brought the prices down before they were announced. What the heck did they think they could get?)

Season ticket seat selections will now be done online instead of in person due to construction delays

They have a shitload to do in a small amount of time
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

From the email I just received:

Prior to the online seat selection, you will still have an opportunity to visit the new Scheels Center at the Sanford Health Athletic Complex so you can better determine your preferred seating area.

We have scheduled 2 open houses where you will have access to the arena:

Open House Dates
    Sunday, September 25 1:00pm-6:00pm
    Monday, September 26 6:00pm-9:00pm

533 In a row

I was so damn excited for the seat selection event that this is a total and utter letdown that it's now online.

This makes me sad. My dad and I were looking forward to checking it out. Oh well, patience is a virtue.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This makes me sad. My dad and I were looking forward to checking it out. Oh well, patience is a virtue.
    You can still check it out on the 25th and 26th