Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU tennis

Default NDSU tennis

If NDSU were to add men's and women's teams they would immediately be competitive in the Summit. In men's the summit league is abysmal except for Denver who is always nationally ranked around 35-50. They run away with the Summit every year and actually went to Gainseville and beat the Gators in the NCAA tournament 1st round a few years ago. NDSU could push Denver every year at the top of the league.

Default Re: NDSU tennis

I dont think anyone would care. It's college tennis. But yeah, we would probably be competitive.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    If NDSU were to add men's and women's teams they would immediately be competitive in the Summit. In men's the summit league is abysmal except for Denver who is always nationally ranked around 35-50. They run away with the Summit every year and actually went to Gainseville and beat the Gators in the NCAA tournament 1st round a few years ago. NDSU could push Denver every year at the top of the league.
    Agree with Bot. No one would care, and it would never, ever break even and you would have to give FCOA. The trend for smart programs is to eliminate sports, not add them.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agree with Bot. No one would care, and it would never, ever break even and you would have to give FCOA. The trend for smart programs is to eliminate sports, not add them.
    Cant go FBS without more sports though I believe?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Cant go FBS without more sports though I believe?
    NDSU has the required 16 for FBS, as indoor and outdoor track are separate sports if funded at a high enough level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    NDSU has the required 16 for FBS, as indoor and outdoor track are separate sports if funded at a high enough level.

Would still have to add womens sports for title IX. Womens tennis and swimming/diving more then likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Would still have to add womens sports for title IX. Womens tennis and swimming/diving more then likely.
    I'd have no problem with women's tennis for Title IX reasons if needed.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scholarships

Women's Tennis 8
    Women's Gymnastics 12

I don't know anything about women's gymnastics but believe the Big XII is short on schools so that could be a home. In addition, Rugby is an emerging sport with the NCAA with 12 scholarships. I believe Women's Rugby is a big deal on campus for club sports, or at least it was when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No, they wouldn't. NDSU is at 8 men's and 8 women's sports and meets the Effectively Accommodating Interests and Abilities test for participation under Title IX.

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    No, they wouldn't. NDSU is at 8 men's and 8 women's sports and meets the Effectively Accommodating Interests and Abilities test for participation under Title IX.

Think title ix issues arise from the additional football scholarships if we move to FBS. Isn't NDSU basically skirting by as it is? Or has that evened out now that all sports are fully funded?