Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hero Sports Basketball Ranking

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Hero Sports Basketball Ranking

Same as the thread over in Football. Found this while indulging in March Madness.

http://herosports.com/news/best-coll...ss-of-division

Default Re: Hero Sports Basketball Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Same as the thread over in Football. Found this while indulging in March Madness.

http://herosports.com/news/best-coll...ss-of-division
    ND is obvious. Bunny and Gopher fans likely not happy about SD and MN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    ND is obvious. Bunny and Gopher fans likely not happy about SD and MN.
    I am having a very hard time taking any of their stuff seriously at this point. The idea that SDSU is not the most popular Bball team in SD is laughable and keeps me from wanting to even look at their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am having a very hard time taking any of their stuff seriously at this point. The idea that SDSU is not the most popular Bball team in SD is laughable and keeps me from wanting to even look at their crap.
    Best, not most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Best, not most popular.
    I actually came across this a few weeks ago and refrained from sharing it anywhere (specifically the D2 Message Board where I spend most of my time) because I wanted to make sure Augie made it out of the Central Region and reached the Elite Eight, which we thankfully did on Tuesday. As mentioned by Hammersmith, I'd imagine most SDSU fans would disagree, but it seems Hero Sports is going more by numbers than subjective opinion, but I don't know that for sure and haven't cared to look up SDSU's numbers for comparison.

Either way, Augie's numbers have only gotten stronger since this came out a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can add to the Final Four appearances count (and/or National Championship count) next week.

Here's Hero Sports's rationale, by the way:
    Winning Percentage (2010-2015): .693 (104-46)
    NCAA Tournament Appearances since 2000: 6
    Final Four Appearances since 1975: None
    National Championships since 1975: None
    NABC Player of the Year Awards since 1982: None
    NABC Coach of the Year Awards since 1975: None

Year in and year out, Augustana is developing into one of the top teams not only in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and the Central Region, but the Vikings are the best college basketball team in South Dakota.

The Vikings’ success has been more recent than other teams in our 50 States/50 Teams list. Appearing in six of the last eight NCAA tournaments and poised to make their seventh, Augie hasn’t just produced winning teams, they’ve also produced a pair of NBA players in Arvid Kramer (Denver, 1979-1980) and Brett Szabo (1996-1997).

The road to success in the NSIC and the Central Region often goes through Sioux Falls. And that’s the way Augie’s fans and those associated with the program like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I actually came across this a few weeks ago and refrained from sharing it anywhere (specifically the D2 Message Board where I spend most of my time) because I wanted to make sure Augie made it out of the Central Region and reached the Elite Eight, which we thankfully did on Tuesday. As mentioned by Hammersmith, I'd imagine most SDSU fans would disagree, but it seems Hero Sports is going more by numbers than subjective opinion, but I don't know that for sure and haven't cared to look up SDSU's numbers for comparison.

Either way, Augie's numbers have only gotten stronger since this came out a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can add to the Final Four appearances count (and/or National Championship count) next week.

Here's Hero Sports's rationale, by the way:
    Of course Augie's success is more recent. Take NDSU, SDSU, USD and UND from the NCC/NSIC and being successful is a lot easier.

As for attendance, the SLC need to bring back the Friday/Saturday night doubleheaders. I can look back, but I believe SDSU had 2 Saturday night conference games this year. That's crazy and kills attendance.

By the way, according to this list Wittenburg is the best team in Ohio. Really? Ohio State? U of Ohio? This may be one of the dumbest click bait lists ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Of course Augie's success is more recent. Take NDSU, SDSU, USD and UND from the NCC/NSIC and being successful is a lot easier.

As for attendance, the SLC need to bring back the Friday/Saturday night doubleheaders. I can look back, but I believe SDSU had 2 Saturday night conference games this year. That's crazy and kills attendance.

By the way, according to this list Wittenburg is the best team in Ohio. Really? Ohio State? U of Ohio? This may be one of the dumbest click bait lists ever.
    Can't really hold that against us. It wasn't our choice. We're just playing with the hand we're dealt at this point. That being said, by the time USD left the NCC, Augie's program was already on the upswing and had beaten USD (I think) 3 out of the last 4 times they played the Yotes, so it's possible the Vikes would've gotten to be more competitive than they were when SDSU left the league, even if those schools had stayed. Obviously there's no way to prove that though (other than Augie's late success against the only team on your list still in the league at that time, USD), and I'm sure fans of the four schools you listed would all disagree, no matter the circumstances.

Can't say I disagree about the doubleheader thing for SDSU. That would definitely make a difference in attendance. Although attendance doesn't equal success. But it would be fun for fans and for the numbers for sure. That being said, I doubt Nagy and other Summit coaches would want the Friday/Saturday night games. Most coaches aren't big fans of that from what I understand. Fun for fans, bad for coaches/teams, particularly on the road.

Anyway, this is probably the wrong conversation for this thread. Does Bisonville have a filbert to come in and lay the smack down about thread drift, or is that just an SDSU message board thing?

Either way, sorry for hijacking the thread, Bison fans.

Can't really hold that against us. It wasn't our choice. We're just playing with the hand we're dealt at this point. That being said, by the time USD left the NCC, Augie's program was already on the upswing and had beaten USD (I think) 3 out of the last 4 times they played the Yotes, so it's possible the Vikes would've gotten to be more competitive than they were when SDSU left the league, even if those schools had stayed. Obviously there's no way to prove that though (other than Augie's late success against the only team on your list still in the league at that time, USD), and I'm sure fans of the four schools you listed would all disagree, no matter the circumstances.

Can't say I disagree about the doubleheader thing for SDSU. That would definitely make a difference in attendance. Although attendance doesn't equal success. But it would be fun for fans and for the numbers for sure. That being said, I doubt Nagy and other Summit coaches would want the Friday/Saturday night games. Most coaches aren't big fans of that from what I understand. Fun for fans, bad for coaches/teams, particularly on the road.

Anyway, this is probably the wrong conversation for this thread. Does Bisonville have a filbert to come in and lay the smack down about thread drift, or is that just an SDSU message board thing?

Augustana has a fantastic team that would have been a contender in the Summit League. The fact that they beat Iowa this season drives that point home.
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We like our thread drift and it's an art form here; especially in the boring offseason

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yaaaaaaa.....
    now that i have read through most of it, it seems like crap.

Probably compiled by a troll to rile fans up for March Madness.