Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ishola Transferring

Default Re: Ishola Transferring

Dexter should start next year. We should be a small ball team until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Dexter should start next year. We should be a small ball team until further notice.
    I love watching Werner play. It may just be that I catch his good games, but I'm always amazed he comes off the bench for you guys (or at least did this year). Like I said, it could just be that I catch his better games or moments or whatever, but I think guys who play as hard as he does (scrapping for every rebound, making tough shots through contact, etc.) will find ways to get more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I love watching Werner play. It may just be that I catch his good games, but I'm always amazed he comes off the bench for you guys (or at least did this year). Like I said, it could just be that I catch his better games or moments or whatever, but I think guys who play as hard as he does (scrapping for every rebound, making tough shots through contact, etc.) will find ways to get more minutes.
    He by far plays the most minutes of any post we have.

Dex played 730 total 22.1 per game
    Kading played 455 total 14.7 per game
    Miller played 288 or 9.3 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He by far plays the most minutes of any post we have.

Dex played 730 total 22.1 per game
    Kading played 455 total 14.7 per game
    Miller played 288 or 9.3 per game.
    Gotcha. I just figured he didn't play as much because he wasn't a starter. I can't think of many players who consistently play more minutes over the course of a season than the guys who start in their place. That's interesting.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Lets remember just how young these kids are, all of the bigs have only played one season (some red-shirted) and have three years left. I can tell you the coaching staff is very...very high on Dylan Miller. Body and size, he has it. He just finished his first season and got a good feel where he needs to improve. Often the biggest jumps are made after a players first season. Look at a kid like Daum at SDSU. SDSU red-shirted him his freshman season and going into this season Nagy had concerns if he was even ready to play physically. Turns out he he was more then ready and the SDSU staff had hit a home run. My point being is after a year of playing and practicing at the college level, a kid gets a damn good idea on what he needs to work on and often make their biggest strides over that off-season.

Wesenberg is the biggest question mark to me, obviously the coaching staff thinks he can be a difference maker if he is red-shirting as a sophomore. It will be interesting to see where he fits in.
    A difference maker? Or, wasn't going to get any minutes, so may as well redshirt? There is a big difference.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After my post this morning I saw this on twitter this afternoon and now am quite positive he will be playing right away, really came on and this lists him an inch taller at 6'5" than we had been given on his signing day. May be another late signing gem, the future of Bison hoops is bright!

http://prepsportsscouting.com/2016/0...-g-tyson-ward/

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    A difference maker? Or, wasn't going to get any minutes, so may as well redshirt? There is a big difference.
    Generally kids with no future will either leave the team or transfer. By Evan and the staff deciding that a red-shirt season was the best option tells me the staff still thinks he can earn minutes down the road and make an impact, otherwise why add one more season of not playing??? I honestly have no idea where Evan is at or what his outlook is. Just don't see a lot of Sophomores red-shirting unless there is an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    After my post this morning I saw this on twitter this afternoon and now am quite positive he will be playing right away, really came on and this lists him an inch taller at 6'5" than we had been given on his signing day. May be another late signing gem, the future of Bison hoops is bright!

http://prepsportsscouting.com/2016/0...-g-tyson-ward/
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Lets remember just how young these kids are, all of the bigs have only played one season (some red-shirted) and have three years left. I can tell you the coaching staff is very...very high on Dylan Miller. Body and size, he has it. He just finished his first season and got a good feel where he needs to improve. Often the biggest jumps are made after a players first season. Look at a kid like Daum at SDSU. SDSU red-shirted him his freshman season and going into this season Nagy had concerns if he was even ready to play physically. Turns out he he was more then ready and the SDSU staff had hit a home run. My point being is after a year of playing and practicing at the college level, a kid gets a damn good idea on what he needs to work on and often make their biggest strides over that off-season.

Wesenberg is the biggest question mark to me, obviously the coaching staff thinks he can be a difference maker if he is red-shirting as a sophomore. It will be interesting to see where he fits in.
    Body and size doesn't make a great player. Does he have the want to? Does he have the right attitude to be a D1 player? Because from what I saw from him on the court this season he sure didn't look like it. He didn't seem to have any energy, aggression or hustle. He just seems too timid out there to me. Maybe the kid is all world in practice but if it doesn't translate to the game it doesn't do much good. I realize he was a true freshman and probably in way over his head this season but he's a long way from the type of post player I want on this team. Guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Body and size doesn't make a great player. Does he have the want to? Does he have the right attitude to be a D1 player? Because from what I saw from him on the court this season he sure didn't look like it. He didn't seem to have any energy, aggression or hustle. He just seems too timid out there to me. Maybe the kid is all world in practice but if it doesn't translate to the game it doesn't do much good. I realize he was a true freshman and probably in way over his head this season but he's a long way from the type of post player I want on this team. Guess time will tell.
    Time will tell, and you aren't going to find anyone who disagrees with the fact that he needs to have a big off season. NDSU staff has always done a great job developing players. Again kids generally take big strides over their first off season and hopefully that happens with Dylan!