Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ishola Transferring

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ishola Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Which shooting range were you at? I'd guess the one by casselton?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Preposterous Statement thread in this post's future. Lol

Brian will contribute wherever he ends up. Glad he was a Bison and good luck to him!
    I said the nicest shot...NOT shooting percentage or the most talented player...

I watched the games in the Bahamas where he got significant minutes and in warmups before games and he shoots the ball very well, form wise...loved the way the ball rolls off the fingers and the rotation of the ball...he has a beautiful shot, nicest on the team and that was all I was saying, nothing more, obviously, because he hardly got in the game...but don't let apparent reasoning get in your way...how many games did you guys see him actually play in?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Wesenberg and Elias are complete unknowns right now. Nobody is talking about them via media, around the fans, or in this message boards. I don't think anyone has a clue how they are progressing. We are hearing alot about Geu because he is doing so well. Because we aren't eharing anything about them makes me wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Both Wesen and Elias just blew through a year of eligibility without hardly breaking a sweat with their minutes. our bigs next year are Miller, Elias, and Wesen. Call me concerned. Our top 2 will be Dex and Geu, but we need something from those other guys.
    That's why I was a little surprised we didn't pick up another big for 2016 especially after finding out we had another scholly left because of Trey Miller's departure...we got all guards right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    That's why I was a little surprised we didn't pick up another big for 2016 especially after finding out we had another scholly left because of Trey Miller's departure...we got all guards right?
    We have Dylan Miller and Ellison at the five next year and gaurd play is where a mid major can be amazing
    I'd also guess that the Tampa kid is a 3

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    We have Dylan Miller and Ellison at the five next year and gaurd play is where a mid major can be amazing
    I'd also guess that the Tampa kid is a 3
    Great......

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I said the nicest shot...NOT shooting percentage or the most talented player...

I watched the games in the Bahamas where he got significant minutes and in warmups before games and he shoots the ball very well, form wise...loved the way the ball rolls off the fingers and the rotation of the ball...he has a beautiful shot, nicest on the team and that was all I was saying, nothing more, obviously, because he hardly got in the game...but don't let apparent reasoning get in your way...how many games did you guys see him actually play in?
    So he wins prettiest fat girl at the dance? Love your shot, so pretty ... Just wish you could make them.

He has a nicer shot than P Miller? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    So he wins prettiest fat girl at the dance? Love your shot, so pretty ... Just wish you could make them.
    That's the problem but he did make some shots in the Bahamas....who knows maybe with more minutes and a confidence boost...the coaches saw something in him to put him on the team but not enough to put him out on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    He has a nicer shot than P Miller? Ok.
    I do think he has a better looking shot than P Miller. P Miller uses more of his body when shooting the ball, that's evident by his head thrusting back when shooting 3s...Ishola uses all wrist with no effort at all, and things might have changed since I was a child and in high school, but this was how I was taught to shoot a basketball...P Miller's shots happened to snap the net on a frequent basis and he is a better ball handler and probably makes better decisions on the court, hence why one was on the court and the other on the bench...Paul Miller is the better player...this I'm not arguing.

But this is all nonsense talk, we are talking about technique and nothing else and unfortunately Ishola is gone. Good luck to him, I hope he gets a chance to display that technique wherever he goes.....and maybe snap some nets along the way.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Great......
    Don't sound so excited....I expect Dylan Miller to progress quite a bit by next season and I think he will continue to start. We really won't have a good idea of the rotation until we find out if any freshman play right away. I think all 3 have the talent to do so but I'd rather not waste a year of eligibility for 5-7 mpg. That being said Coatta shooting ability would definitely be welcome but I think Tyson Ward is the more ready to play option to fill backup minutes at the 2/3 spot. If we choose to keep Dupree off the ball at the 2/3 spot then Cameron Hunter could be the one to play to give some backup to Khy, we can't keep asking that kid to play 38-40 mpg and expect him to perform at an elite level all season long. If we can get that down to 33-35 mpg he can continue to lead this team. What I'd like to see based on the team we have right now would be:
    1- Khy
    2 - Paul Miller
    3 - Deng Geu
    4 - AJ
    5 - Dylan Miller
    Dupree can come off the bench and play minutes at the 1, 2 and 3 spots, Malik can play at the 2 and Dex at the 4 and 5. We have extra bodies in Wesenberg and Eliason for the 4 & 5 respectfully if needed for foul trouble or injury so it really just comes down to adding a guard to the mix and just depends if that guard is playing the point or bringing in Tyson Ward who can play the 2/3 spot which I think is the most likely scenario.

Dylan Miller has a long way to go to be the kind of 5 we need to be a good team. I think at this point going into the offseason and next year it just might be interchangeable between Miller, Eliason, and Wesenberg and an open competition.

If AJ plays the 4 I think we see Dupree starting. Kid looks real good off the ball. His game against IPFW was one of the better performances I can remember from an individual Bison. I also think it makes way for Hunter to come in and have a more contributing role at the point behind Khy. I really like Dupree's game and loved how his coference tournament went, but he's more suited in a slashing scoring off the ball type role and simply not a facilitating PG.

I would have loved a big with the extra scholarship but getting that kid from Florida might almost make it a moot point. That kid looks really really good and I think he might be too good next year to not play.

Lets remember just how young these kids are, all of the bigs have only played one season (some red-shirted) and have three years left. I can tell you the coaching staff is very...very high on Dylan Miller. Body and size, he has it. He just finished his first season and got a good feel where he needs to improve. Often the biggest jumps are made after a players first season. Look at a kid like Daum at SDSU. SDSU red-shirted him his freshman season and going into this season Nagy had concerns if he was even ready to play physically. Turns out he he was more then ready and the SDSU staff had hit a home run. My point being is after a year of playing and practicing at the college level, a kid gets a damn good idea on what he needs to work on and often make their biggest strides over that off-season.

Wesenberg is the biggest question mark to me, obviously the coaching staff thinks he can be a difference maker if he is red-shirting as a sophomore. It will be interesting to see where he fits in.