Thread: Bison Set an All-Time College Football Record This Past Year - I Think

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison Set an All-Time College Football Record This Past Year - I Think

Single Season Time of Possession Minutes

1. NDSU (2015-16) - 549:39

2. NDSU (2014-15) - 545:00

3. NDSU (2012-13) - 515:15

4. Towson (2013-14) - 507:45

5. NDSU (2013-14) - 505:09

6. Alabama (2015-16) - 503:50
    Looking good Billy Ray!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Set an All-Time College Football Record This Past Year - I Think

Is this actually an all inclusive list (all D1 teams) over the past 5 seasons or just a group of teams you compared numbers amongst?

Default Re: Bison Set an All-Time College Football Record This Past Year - I Think

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Is this actually an all inclusive list (all D1 teams) over the past 5 seasons or just a group of teams you compared numbers amongst?
    I think it's for all college football ever. I've been going through past seasons, and these are the highest numbers I have found. It happens that they are in the past few seasons due to the increase in the number of games.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    I think it's for all college football ever. I've been going through past seasons, and these are the highest numbers I have found. It happens that they are in the past few seasons due to the increase in the number of games.
    Interesting and also very cool. Anything on TOP per game averages?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Interesting and also very cool. Anything on TOP per game averages?
    Haven't looked at that, but I don't think we are anywhere near the top of that. Many many many triple option teams are probably at the top of that list.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Single Season Time of Possession Minutes

1. NDSU (2015-16) - 549:39

2. NDSU (2014-15) - 545:00

3. NDSU (2012-13) - 515:15

4. Towson (2013-14) - 507:45

5. NDSU (2013-14) - 505:09

6. Alabama (2015-16) - 503:50

Kind of related argument. Time of possession did not work against teams like UNI which emphasizes scoring on defense
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Haven't looked at that, but I don't think we are anywhere near the top of that. Many many many triple option teams are probably at the top of that list.
    I'd guess as we play more games then many teams

NDSU's per game TOP last year was the highest I could find on the NCAA stats page: http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div for FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII.

But it only covers three years.

Charleston Southern has been #1 in FCS ToP in two of those three years... beat NDSU by 2 seconds and 4 seconds per game (respectively.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU's per game TOP last year was the highest I could find on the NCAA stats page: http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div for FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII.

Charleston Southern has been #1 in FCS ToP in two of those three years... beat NDSU by 2 seconds and 4 seconds per game (respectively.)
    But last year they were not in the top 5 at all, with Columbia coming in at 5th 3:07 behind the Bison...
    Further investigation puts them at 10th, 3:26 behind (33:12 vs 36:38). Big gap from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3, then it starts to tighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

2016 FCS Kickoff.... 3 possessions each... It's going to be epic.